rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Do 71

Red Dead Redemption 2 Online Thread

Red Dead Redemption 2’s online multiplayer mode, Red Dead Online, will go live on Tuesday, Nov. 27, Rockstar Games announced today.

Rockstar will launch Red Dead Online in beta form on Nov. 27, and it will initially be accessible only for owners of the Ultimate Edition of Red Dead Redemption 2. The following day, the beta will open up to those who played Red Dead Redemption 2 on its first day of release. On Thursday, Nov. 29, those who played the game in its first three days of release will get access. Then, on Friday, Nov. 30, online multiplayer will open up for all Red Dead Redemption 2 players.

Red Dead Online has been described by Rockstar as “an evolution of the classic multiplayer experience in the original Red Dead Redemption, blending narrative with competitive and cooperative gameplay in fun new ways.” Players will be able to explore the online experience solo or with friends, and Rockstar promises “constant updates and adjustments to grow and evolve this experience for all players.”

Red Dead Redemption 2’s online multiplayer mode will be free and available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The PS4 version of the game will have select exclusive content for Red Dead Online.

E4DD6E5D-EA91-4863-B57C-1613F9F655AC.thumb.jpg.ca5f08506e57c8c20fc9a1c864a8c07f.jpg

https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/26/18112534/red-dead-redemption-2-rdr2-online-multiplayer-beta-release-date?utm_campaign=polygon&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

I'm only on chapter four, 54% complete. I play almost every day but I get distracted by various random things in the world.

I'm reluctant to play RDR Online until I've completed the story. I don't want to end up not completing the story mode because I'm distracted by online, which nearly happened with GTA V.

Same here, not been able to play for a week or so and somewhere in chapter 4. Doubt I'll get this done till after Xmas at this rate.

16 minutes ago, grounded_dreams said:

A 5Gig patch has been released on both consoles in readiness for the online part of the game and additional fixes.

Disappointing that there isn't a bullet point saying "stops forgetting which fucking weapons you're holding". Fingers crossed it's in there though!

3 hours ago, Naieve said:

there's definitely a crossover between RDR and GTA to be made set in the Irish Traveller community. Edge 10/10 easy

If there were travelers in this my morality meter couldn't go low enough.

Had an hour or so on this earlier. It's surprisingly cutscene-y, at least early on, with a fair bit of story set-up and then there's optional matchmaking before you start story missions, like in The Division. Got myself an auto-posse and the four of us stole some horses and were seemingly automatically split up at the end of the mission. No free roam yet but I assume that unlocks after a couple of hours because I'm playing the equivalent of the campaign opening, where everything's quite controlled. At the end of the first story mission you get a better horse, which is a shame as I was already getting quite attached to SCRAWNY NAG.

Seems ok. Most importantly it actually works, as I still have terrible memories of trying to get into GTA Online for several hours on launch day and being so scarred by the experience that I never really went back to it. 

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, Glasgowchivas said:

How ugly can you make the characters? I always try and make a reasonable looking character in on-line games but this one feels like I could get away from having a proper fucking ugly cowboy.

Pretty minging for sure. The teeth are quite something.