rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
dumpster

James O'Brien - How to Be Right (£4 on Amazon!)

This book is really, really good.  I'm out right now, and I'll edit this post when I get home, but right now it's £4 on Amazon.  FOUR POUNDS.  Get it.  Post your thoughts here!

The show lives and dies by the quality of the people who call in, often it's just dull.  LBC do a reasonable job of packing up the best bits though, there's a semi regular podcast and video clips which they put out over social media.  

Got this with my Audible credit this month and so far I'm really enjoying it. What I particularly like is how much sympathy O'Brien has with the various callers, trying to get to the bottom of why people believe all the nonsense they come out with rather than just dismissing them as idiots.

1 hour ago, Vimster said:

Got this with my Audible credit this month and so far I'm really enjoying it. What I particularly like is how much sympathy O'Brien has with the various callers, trying to get to the bottom of why people believe all the nonsense they come out with rather than just dismissing them as idiots.

Yes, he really sees those people as victims of the terrible anti-EU newspaper reporting from the last 50 years or so.  He hates that so many people are misimformed, but doesn't blame them for it.  I have an extra copy here to give as an Xmas gift, and think I would initially offend whoever I give it to as it's definitely a book that could change opinions in the pro-brexit, anti-immigration brigade. My mum would benefit from reading it but would probably be a little offended by me thinking I should buy her a copy unsolicited as a gift.

Just bought it in hardback based on this thread. Think my wife will also be into it... pisser the Kindle price (today) was twice that of hardback. 

I’m just bemused they didn’t use the full title...I guess ‘How to Be Right Wing While Pretending to Be Socially Concerned’ wouldn’t fit on the cover as nicely.

• Upvote 3