Sign in to follow this  
Anne Summers

Do you fancy a job working with retro games? (Antstream)

So a year and a half ago @jon_cybernet gave me the opportunity to spend working hours with the retro games I have known and loved for the past 35 years, by joining him at Antstream. 

(Link to the thread in Discussion, in case you don't know what I'm talking about.) 

Jon is now moving on, we're getting scarily close to a release date and long story short, we need a whole bunch of people to give us a hand getting this thing out of the door.

There are various roles, we're looking for a couple of programmers, a social media/community manager type and an admin /PA person too. So if you've got relevant skills and experience and would like to work in games (and retro in particular) there are some good opportunities. 

We also have a couple of entry-level posts where enthusiasm and willingness to learn and work your way up the ladder are the most important attributes - if you're a fan of retro and enjoy messing about with emulators, and like the idea of building a career related to gaming, these could be something you should check out.

Everything's a bit more formalised here than back in the old days where I basically got my job through knowing Jon - we have proper application and interview processes now - so here's a link to our jobs page, if you do decide to apply then it won't hurt to drop me a PM on here and let me know who you are ;) 

The jobs will all be based in our office in London so there's probably not a lot of point applying if you live in Australia and aren't willing to relocate, but apart from that, have at them...

https://www.antstream.com/jobs

• Upvote 2

Nothing sinister, just got offered an awesome job that I couldn’t refuse. It’s a great team at Antstream, and @Anne Summers and the rest of the guys are a really awesome bunch! 

Exciting time to join the company, and quite a few roles on offer as they’re expanding, so well worth getting on board if you’re interested! 

• Upvote 3

Are you allowed to say how much roughly a Content Analyst would earn?  I know I have the skills and am looking for something new and exciting, but I am the sole provider for my family and need to earn a certain amount to survive.

Also where in Central London are you based?

• Upvote 1

Where is the revenue coming from to pay staff right now? Looking for multiple staff member means what, an increased outward revenue of £60-80k ignoring NI and such. You must have some serious backing!

1 hour ago, auntyclimax said:

Where is the revenue coming from to pay staff right now? Looking for multiple staff member means what, an increased outward revenue of £60-80k ignoring NI and such. You must have some serious backing!

Yeah it’s very well funded by private investors and Microsoft put quite a bit in when it went through their incubator programme.

7 hours ago, Cool Ben said:

Are you allowed to say how much roughly a Content Analyst would earn?  I know I have the skills and am looking for something new and exciting, but I am the sole provider for my family and need to earn a certain amount to survive.

Also where in Central London are you based?

We're very close to London Bridge station. 

These are entry level positions so I know they won't be paying a huge amount - perhaps not enough for a sole provider (to start with), particularly if you live in London. 

What I can say is that it's a fast growing company and if you've got skills (or are willing to pick them up on the job) there will be plenty of opportunity for advancement. 

6 hours ago, JPickford said:

Do you need a streaming skeptic?

No, but we need coders and people experienced in software development, and "dev ops" (whatever that is) people. 

(I don't have much to do with the technical side of things in case you hadn't guessed).  

Apply, if you're up for it - you won't be the only renowned games programmer from the 8-bit days on the team!

6 hours ago, Nathan Wind said:

Do you have a vacancy for an Atari Jaguar evangelist?

No.

But seriously, if retro is your passion, I don't think there's a more exciting company to be working for in the UK right now. Not one I can think of off the top of my head, anyway.