Sign in to follow this  
gospvg

Toy Story 4 - June 2019

post-18024-0-10749500-1415351959.jpg

Disney has announced that Toy Story 4 will be released in cinemas in June 2017.

John Lasseter is returning to direct the fourth instalment.

It's a long wait but kids (big & small) are going to be happy that another Toy Story movie is being made.

"We love these characters so much; they are like family to us," Lasseter said.

"We don't want to do anything with them unless it lives up to or surpasses what's gone before."

The new story was dreamt up by the original Toy Story writing team of Lasseter, Andrew Stanton, Pete Docter and Lee Unkrich.

"When Andrew, Pete, Lee and I came up with this new idea, I just could not stop thinking about it. It was so exciting to me, I knew we had to make this movie—and I wanted to direct it myself," Lasseter said.

I wonder if it will just be the regular cast of toys or we get to see the extra recruits from TS3 again?

Will Andy be back?

• Upvote 2

Image is not released by Disney it's just a image search I got off google. Will update when Disney release an image.

Not sure on this.

The third film was brilliant and ended perfectly.

The subsequent shorts are all great, but I'm not sure a 4th film is a good idea - it has too be as good as the other 3!

• Upvote 2

If the story is good I (kids) would love to see Woody, Buzz & the rest of the crew on the big screen again.

Toy Story 3 had such a perfect ending to the series.

Agreed, maybe they are starting a new storyline with Bonnie?

It's not a new storyline with Bonnie though really. Whilst what Andy was doing always mirrored what the Toys were experiencing, they're the central characters. It's an out and out sequel, with the worst bit being that now that Andy's growth, which represented the changes between the films, has reached a natural conclusion they're just resetting it. What experiences are they going to have which aren't copies of the ones they had with Andy? What character growth will they experience when they're already so well rounded? I just don't see where it has to go.

• Upvote 1

Toy Story: Homeward Bound - The toys get lost on a caravan holiday and have to find their way home

Toy Story: Home Alone - The toys have to protect the house from burglars.

Toy Story: Murder She Wrote - The toys have a murder mystery to solve when Jessie is found with her head cut off

Toy Story: Episode IV - Toy Story in spaaaaaaaaaace

• Upvote 1

That's how I feel too. But just because I can't think of a good story for Toy Story 4 in the 5 minutes since I heard it was coming, doesn't mean I don't think it's possible for some people with a history of coming up with good stories to come up with a good story. Seems just a little early to judge.

EDIT: One other thing. In the cinema to see Toy Story 3, I was super excited to see all-new Buzz and Woody adventures. Of course, it was a perfect ending, no new story is needed. But somewhere in my mind, I have always been a bit sad that I'd never get another whole film of those guys. That part of my mind is undeniably cheered by this news.

Stolen from Twitter.

"Toy Story 4; The gang travel to Indonesia to meet their makers; the children of the sweatshops! Woody, Buzz and friends discover that the children can talk but only when there's no-one around."

• Upvote 5

I'm worried about Lasseter directing after the bland-fest that was Cars, tbh. He has the directorial equivalent of middle-age bloat about him. Could say the same about Pixar as a whole recently. Too corporate, too safe, too focus-tested, not the visionaries they once were.

That was the plot of the Disney developed Toy Story 3 which went into production when it looked like Pixar might split away from the mothership. When Pixar came back onboard they scrapped that whole thing and created the Toy Story 3 we know.

I'd massively agree with the Lasseter thing. Cars 2 is awful in places and even though I really like Cars, it's hard to argue that he's directed a really great film in the last 15 years.

I wonder which one of them will get lost/kidnapped this time.

Although not really a big fan of the third film it at least provided closure with a fourth (and the endless production line of shorts) feeling like a cynical exercise.

Hmm do they really need another? obviously brings in the big bucks. Kinda thought the trilogy was perfect enough, but Pixar generally are on the ball so i'm sure it will be good.

Well no, not literal but in some cases surely we need another film? If they released part 1 and 2 of the hobbit and said we arnt going bother with part 3 I'd be pretty pissed off.

Toy Story 1, 2 & 3 aren't just good films, they're amazing, there's no reason to thing 4 will be anything less than its predecessors.

As for the comments about Cars 2, Lasseter dove on that grenade because he wasn't prepared to let anyone else take the hit on what was a film made purely for merchandise profits following Up and Brave which Disney had no idea how to market and make toys for. So what happened with that film is irrelevant in this case.