rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
ckny

Homecoming - Prime Original Starring Julia Roberts

Noticed Season 2 of this is out, with a new cast. Anyone seen it yet?

I had the day off and ended up watching all seven episodes over the course of it.

Like the first season, I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it to pretty much anyone. As a continuation of the plot it might be considered somewhat superfluous, but unpicking the narrative threads is suitably compelling, the performances are all really good and it retains many of the original's stylistic flourishes.

My brain keeps comparing it to a really good expansion pack rather than a sequel, which I don't mean as a slight. It's essentially more of the same good stuff that adds a bit of texture to – as opposed to tainting – the original.

• Upvote 1

That's a good way of describing season 2, like an expansion pack/DLC. Blasted through it in a couple of days, and it was great. Maybe not quite the heights of the first season, but a very satisfying watch. I love how dialogue heavy scenes play out sometimes, where you think the scene has maybe reached a natural conclusion, but they keep on going.

I'm such a big fan of the end credits in this as well. My fave was...

Spoiler

the melon cam. Although I do love the ones where not much is happening at all. It's the ambient sound and no music that really makes the end credits work.

Just watched the first episode of season 2 and glad they made more, but seeming everyone in the credits still cashing their producer cheques it is a shame they didn't return.

Maybe it is just the focus effect they use, but there seemed to be numerous moments of noticeable green screen going on.