IGNORED

New Intellivision waste of time.

JPickford

It's a shame this has been such an omnishambles, it would be nice to have some new ideas. However, WiiU + no Nintendo games (or any well respected developer) + everything is hugely worse probably wasn't one of those new ideas.

You can change the language though! You can check out Italian for a bit, and when you’re bored of that you can switch over to German to try it out. You can do lots of other ones too, plus you always have the option to go back to English if you want. 

21 minutes ago, Darwock said:

You can change the language though! You can check out Italian for a bit, and when you’re bored of that you can switch over to German to try it out. You can do lots of other ones too, plus you always have the option to go back to English if you want. 

O shit I'll buy two

I've actually read a little bit about this thing and its journey, after liking the look of Cloudy Mountain and Nightstalker. They had a pretty unique aesthetic. Yeah, they're never coming out on this machine.

No real Intellivision affinity, I was a VCS kid, well for a short while. I did buy one of those Intellivision minis when I had a mini console kick a while back, along with a Coleco mini yada yada.

Anyway, from my reading, it's a sketchy dumpster fire with the CEO Tommy Tallarico pissing off a large swath of potential customers. 

I'd swerve the thing like the plague.

2 hours ago, dumpster said:

"great fun for the whole family. Here's a game called Cornhole"

Which seems to be the same game that's been around for centuries. What's the issue? Aside from it looking like shit, I mean.

2 hours ago, deKay said:

Which seems to be the same game that's been around for centuries. What's the issue? Aside from it looking like shit, I mean.

He's referring to the other meaning of cornhole.

16 minutes ago, JohnC said:

He's referring to the other meaning of cornhole.

I only know it as the game, and presumably the thing the game references (i.e. the hole that corn goes in).

2 hours ago, Darwock said:

More commonly known as the hole where the corn comes out.

I looked it up and see it's a US phrase. Genuinely never thought of it as rude. Bloody yanks.

7 hours ago, Rex Grossman said:

This looks as bad as the CDi and Jaguar.

Were those bad at the time? Getting old and I honestly can't recall.

In fairness to the CDi, it was just a foray into a new way of doing games, by the folks who came up with the storage medium. I remember quite a few PC games were on-rails streamed footage fests. CD32 had some of them, too (e.g., Microcosm). Honestly can't recall the reception to the Jaguar though, only thing that sticks in my head was the "64bit" thing, which was obviously nonsense of the era.

But these minis all smell of nostalgic cash grabs, and this Intellivision particularly absurd even as a concept.