rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
DukeOfEarlsfield

The Kid Who Would Be King from Joe Cornish

9 hours ago, Bazjam said:

Joe Cornish is a gamer though, isn't he?

From a semi-recent podcast with Charlie Brooker it was quite obvious that Adam Buxton is not, so it seems unlikely that Joe has much of a gaming background either.

• Downvote 1

45 minutes ago, Darwock said:

From a semi-recent podcast with Charlie Brooker it was quite obvious that Adam Buxton is not, so it seems unlikely that Joe has much of a gaming background either.

Why?

• Upvote 1

Joe was on Adam's podcast at the end of last year.  Joe's highlight of 2017 was the Switch.  He said the format made Zelda more immersive. 

You're right though Adam couldn't have given a shit... 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, K said:

This is going to blow your mind, but some of my childhood friends like games and some of them don't.

Do you mean some of them had a C64? And why the f**k were you friends with the ones that didn't like games? 

Just accept it. It’s the defining narrative of that trailer. Hopefully the inevitable trailer two will make amends.

In that, one of the kids will stab a monster in the face, and when asked, will say they learned it playing Halo.

I didn't learn to drive until my mid thirties, and my instructor was amazed at how quickly I picked it up. I'm convinced this was due to a lifetime of playing racing games, but I didn't tell him that as I knew he wouldn't believe me.

"Where did you learn to drive like that?"

"There are many ways to answer this question - specifically to drive like this? Forza 4 mainly, but I also like the other Forza series. back in the day i was a huge Burnout fan but that was too arcadey so I mainly liked the Gran Turismo series and, while I liked the car collection aspects, I felt the driving was a little dull and similar in feel to the Colin McCrae rally series - a little to simulation-like. Forza strikes a great balance but is still mainly a travelling simulator as opposed to a driving simulator."

• Upvote 4