Norsemen - Netflix show

• 1 year later...

Just started this today ahead of its return to Netflix on Wednesday. Bloody hell the Vikings are just so nice. I Iove how the violence is punctuated by all the apologies or silly comments. 

Just discovered this... and can’t stop watching!!

*drops sword off the boat*

”The sea giveth and the sea taketh away”

:lol:

Its brilliant, just brilliant. 

• 1 month later...

Why...

Why is the world not losing its mind over this?!! I’ve seen it on Netflix for months now and dismissed it as another Last Kingdom, Vikings style wannabe but it absolutely is not. It’s simply fucking hilarious and the setting makes everything all the better.

I get the Monty Python comparisons but for me its more of a Mel Brooks Spaceballs, Blazing Saddles angle. So happy I gave it a try. Clever, hilarious and so refreshing to see the setting and style of characters used like this :)

6 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

I get the Monty Python comparisons but for me its more of a Mel Brooks Spaceballs, Blazing Saddles angle. So happy I gave it a try. Clever, hilarious and so refreshing to see the setting and style of characters used like this :)

I don't think any of those really fit, it's not really slapstick or surreal. It's played quite straight- transferring modern nordic politeness into the brutal viking age. 

It feels more like it's own thing, you're right about the use of the setting - it's a wonderful juxtaposition and very charming.

I'm getting more office vibes, all it needs is characters sitting down to do interviews and its the Office of the Viking age.

I was worried it wouldn't be as good based on such strong word of mouth, but you know what they say, 9 out of 10 concerns are completely unfounded.

So I’m not just weird, this is legit fucking awesome yeah?

Episode 1

Spoiler

When Ivad casually challenges the guy to a duel for his farm and stuff, I had to pause to finish laughing.

I’m off work today and tomorrow and had big plans for gaming, maybe a movie but no. It’s just this until there are none left. Fucking incredible!!

• 1 month later...

Cant remember who it was who recommended it in the main Netflix thread but that person deserves a socially distanced high five.

I don’t think I’ve laughed at a series so much this year, I found it all absolutely hilarious. The deadpan nature of it all was just spot on, notable mentions to Kark and Orm, really fun characters.

By Odins grace there will be more in the future... Skäl!