IGNORED

The Mandalorian - Season 2 (open spoilers for big surprises)

TehStu

11 hours ago, And said:

Do we think that’s it for Ashoka? Or will she be back? Her and Bo and Mando taking down Gideon and thrall together? 

I think I read somewhere that that was it for Bo this season, unless that was just some cunning misdirection of course.

I'd be more than happy to see Alden Ehrenreich come back as Solo. Also, now I've seen Sebastian Stan mentioned as a Hamill replacement, it's hard to un-see it. They really do look very alike - I think he'd be great in the role and, of course, he's already a Disney guy. If Favreau and Filoni do manage to build an enduring set of intertwining post-ROTJ stories then they'll have to tackle those characters at some point. For now it's great to have a story focusing on those far away from the galactic centre but at some point it'll feel weird. Plus, I'm sure lots of people really want to know more about the heroes of the Rebellion in that 30 year gap. The sequel trilogy wasn't exactly satisfying in that regard!

On 29/11/2020 at 10:00, drmick said:

A couple of criticisms I have for this last episode:

The name chosen sounds like somebody dropped vowels out of a certain character's name from Star Trek Discovery. And it seems more fitting for an orc.

I was disappointed by the way in which the Jedi first encountered the Mandalorian- far, far too aggressive for the character.

Spoiler

She was in a hostile place, we’d seen they’d sent people to kill her already, it’s reasonable of her to assume the armed bounty Hunter - a mandalorian, no less - trudging through the desolate forest wasn’t there to pick mushrooms.

Also we have no real idea how she’s changed and evolved since we saw her last in Rebels, which would have been some twenty years ago. 

Wow fuck me, what an ep :wub:

The cinematography and lighting are just stunning. Proper Akira Kurosawa vibes. Filoni, man. He IS Star Wars for me. Give him the keys for keeps.

FWIW, this is all coming from a big Clone Wars fan, somewhat of a Rebels fan, and a massive fucking megafan of Asohka (I’d planned to dress up as her for Halloween before Covid fucked all that :lol:)

Rosario, her stunt doubles, the make-up artists and wardrobe team fucking nailed her. Delighted with her treatment.

On 27/11/2020 at 18:53, scottcr said:

I really enjoyed that but I don’t think anyone who has come in cold and not paid any attention to Star Wars clone wars or rebels lore would have got much out of it.

Hide contents

it’s seems obvious to that the Jedi who Drogu will reach out to will be Ezra. Who’s in the same place as Thrawn

I’ve not watched a second of either and really enjoyed the latest episode as much as any this season. That said I’d heard of the Jedi before, probably by virtue of reading through some EU lore in the past. And also recognised the big bad name drop for similar reasons.

More than anything The Mandalorian has reignited my enthusiasm for Star Wars. It’s a hokey Saturday morning serial show, the kind that partly inspired Lucas in the first place, and it’s made with a lot of love. There’s reverence for the universe but without the insecurity of needing to over-explain everything or throw completely incongruous references at the screen to get cheap ‘member berry pops from its audience.

It’s cheesy at times, but it’s also really heartfelt, lovingly crafted and best of all, bloody entertaining :wub:

On 29/11/2020 at 22:06, And said:

Enjoyed solo. It’s got the same space western vibe as this. 

loved that episode. Do we think that’s it for Ashoka? Or will she be back? Her and Bo and Mando taking down Gideon and thrall together? 

Rumours are she’s getting her own show, which will be furthering that particular part of what was revealed.

19 hours ago, Calashnikov said:

Rosario, her stunt doubles, the make-up artists and wardrobe team fucking nailed her. Delighted with her treatment.

They did, that's true. I wanted her to do just a bit of wise-cracking though. She used to be a cheeky fucker. I hope it hasn't been completely beaten out of her.

23 hours ago, glb said:

I’ve not watched a second of either and really enjoyed the latest episode as much as any this season. That said I’d heard of the Jedi before, probably by virtue of reading through some EU lore in the past. And also recognised the big bad name drop for similar reasons.

More than anything The Mandalorian has reignited my enthusiasm for Star Wars. It’s a hokey Saturday morning serial show, the kind that partly inspired Lucas in the first place, and it’s made with a lot of love. There’s reverence for the universe but without the insecurity of needing to over-explain everything or throw completely incongruous references at the screen to get cheap ‘member berry pops from its audience.

It’s cheesy at times, but it’s also really heartfelt, lovingly crafted and best of all, bloody entertaining :wub:

All of the above is also something that could be said about Rebels.

Oh and also it's really frustrating people just throwing out spoilers in here, without signposting, for what happens in that show when people might think the spoiler just relates to Mandalorian, which they would already be caught up with. Let people discover it for themselves. It's worth it.

12 hours ago, Benny said:

All of the above is also something that could be said about Rebels.

I'll give the series a go. This thread's enthusiasm for it, plus Filoni's work on The Mando is more than enough to warrant a look.

Surely we are heading to point (whether in this series or another spin off) where we meet Luke again. The only interesting (and unresolved) thing about the sequels is how the Jedi Academy went tits up. In the right hands that could be really interesting and a good way to retcon what comes next.

They will either recast or use: