The Mandalorian - Season 2 (open spoilers for big surprises)

Spoiler

Tonally, I thought The Child eating the eggs was just dreadul.  Really poorly judged in terms of "ha ha ha.  That lady frog woman's quest to reproduce will fail through greed and negligence".

Of course it could be all a set-up for The Child being a Sith Yoda.  That would be quite the turn.

It's still great but Episode 2 made one big scripting error I'd say.

Baby Yoda

Spoiler

eating the eggs

was bloody hilarious.

In fact the shifting tone was really well done I thought. We were almost in tears at the Mum’s desperation at one point, next moment

Spoiler

she’s relaxing in a hot tub with the eggs

then

Spoiler

I thought she’d die but they’d save the eggs.

Ultimately

Spoiler

they all escape to live another episode.

Feel good, emotional and black humour all juggled well.

2 hours ago, BitterToad said:

Yeah I think we need to move away from Baby Yoda being this thing kids are going to want in their stockings for Christmas. I quite like the idea he's a bit of a weird unknown.  

Kids are snotty, bogey eating, hair-pulling, manipulative, cookie stealing, floor-pooping, screaming till they’re sick, covered in jam, Marmite on the sofa, crayon on the walls, cute, worm eating, beautiful monsters.

Baby Yoda has a long way to go before they’ll be as shocked as some grown ups seem to be by his little quirks when their own little quirks put him in the shade.

12 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

Kids are snotty, bogey eating, hair-pulling, manipulative, cookie stealing, floor-pooping, screaming till they’re sick, covered in jam, Marmite on the sofa, crayon on the walls, cute, worm eating, beautiful monsters.

Baby Yoda has a long way to go before they’ll be as shocked as some grown ups seem to be by his little quirks when their own little quirks put him in the shade.

This is a good point and counters the one I've made above.  I totally see what you are getting at here.

6 hours ago, mdn2 said:

And I thought it was a nice callback to the Season 1 bit where he liked eating frogs. 

Puts a whole new spin on why Yoda really moved to Dagobah in the first place, plenty of good eating there...

2 hours ago, Jg15 said:

Puts a whole new spin on why Yoda really moved to Dagobah in the first place, plenty of good eating there...

And gives Luke some shitty piss-water soup, while keeping all the good stuff for himself.

On 07/11/2020 at 13:49, Matt Defis said:
  Hide contents

No they're not the same, in Rebels they were Krykna which are spiders and I believe these are Knobby whites that Ralph Mcquarrie made for the Dagobah concept art which are actually trees. 

Hmmm, some people are saying they’re the ones in Rebels and also one of the novels, which were Krykna.

Looking at the art I can’t figure out if Krykna and Knobbly Whites are the same anyway.

279F737F-0080-4734-B149-495115387CD2.jpeg

B2B3826E-4835-470B-9113-66CB90E091FD.jpeg

32 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

Hmmm, some people are saying they’re the ones in Rebels and also one of the novels, which were Krykna.

Looking at the art I can’t figure out if Krykna and Knobbly Whites are the same anyway.

279F737F-0080-4734-B149-495115387CD2.jpeg

B2B3826E-4835-470B-9113-66CB90E091FD.jpeg

They might have retconned it so they're both one and the same but the Krykna in Rebels do look slightly different

Krykna-SWCT.png

2 hours ago, Matt Defis said:

They might have retconned it so they're both one and the same but the Krykna in Rebels do look slightly different

Krykna-SWCT.png

Looks like a crap CGI version of the same. Filoni directed both Rebels and Mandalorian, so I’d guess they are anyway.

Rebels version of actual humans are similarly wonky. :lol:

3 hours ago, mdn2 said:

They should totally make an edible version with the canisters contents. 

You probably could eat them as they look small. You could eat them a day later too so they aren't single use plastic.

I think Baby Yoda is keeping them safe using the same method. 

1 minute ago, Jimmyzilla said:

Where do I start with The Clone Wars??

There's various guides online, whether for watching it in chronological order or which are the main story episodes, but honestly it's all worth a watch.

First season is a little iffy, but once it gets going it's some of the best Star Wars ever. Ahsoka goes from typical terrible teenage sidekick to genuinely one of the greatest characters in Star Wars.

51 minutes ago, Jimmyzilla said:

Where do I start with The Clone Wars??

Make sure you watch it using the chronological order that’s been posted on the official starwars.com website. It jumps around really confusingly if you watch it in the order it was released. 

• Pob changed the title to The Mandalorian - Season 2 (open spoilers for big surprises)