Jump to content
rllmuk
TehStu

The Mandalorian - live action Star Wars TV show

Recommended Posts

A list of what I DON’T want from The Mandalorian:

 

The Force

Lightsabres

Skywalkers/Kenobis

Jedi/Sith

A long stay on Tatooine

A visit to Hoth/Dagobah/Mustafa

All the other bounty hunters from TESB

 

What don’t you want to see?

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/04/2019 at 09:36, jonamok said:

A list of what I DON’T want from The Mandalorian:

 

The Force

Lightsabres

Skywalkers/Kenobis

Jedi/Sith

A long stay on Tatooine

A visit to Hoth/Dagobah/Mustafa

All the other bounty hunters from TESB

 

What don’t you want to see?

 

 

Captain Kirk

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/04/2019 at 09:36, jonamok said:

A list of what I DON’T want from The Mandalorian:

 

The Force

Lightsabres

Skywalkers/Kenobis

Jedi/Sith

A long stay on Tatooine

A visit to Hoth/Dagobah/Mustafa

All the other bounty hunters from TESB

 

What don’t you want to see?

 

 

It to be shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if they only planned to ever show The Mandalorian in the USA there are still 327 million people living there that weren't in the panel at Star Wars Celebration they may want to advertise it to, so I doubt that's the reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's fairly common for events like these to show clips that never see a wider release for whatever reason. The usual official explanation is that its to keep the experience special for the attendees, but I'm sure the real reason will just be boring marketing stuff. This will be footage targeted at massive Star Wars fans, while they might want most people's first trailer to be more widely targeted. It's always possible that changes might be made between now and release as well that might involve footage being re-shot, characters tweaked or whatever.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Mogster said:

I think it's fairly common for events like these to show clips that never see a wider release for whatever reason. The usual official explanation is that its to keep the experience special for the attendees, but I'm sure the real reason will just be boring marketing stuff. This will be footage targeted at massive Star Wars fans, while they might want most people's first trailer to be more widely targeted. It's always possible that changes might be made between now and release as well that might involve footage being re-shot, characters tweaked or whatever.

Absolutely agree and I hope that's the reason there was already a nauseating amount of fan service in there for a short clip..  "Look! It's a Salacious Crumb on a spit!", "Clap you seals, it's the one eyed Tatooine door bell robot!"

Overall though it looked promising I'd have to agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Hierophant said:

Is this seriously only going to be on Disney+!?

 

Legitimately, yes. 

It’ll be on the high seas within an hour or two of broadcast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Which means we won’t see it for a while if they don’t do a deal with sky or someone for the Uk. 

 

Might be why they haven’t released the footage properly?

 

It's a streaming service, they won't need to do a deal with anyone.  2020 launch in western Europe, whatever that means for us post Brexit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, monkeydog said:

 

It's a streaming service, they won't need to do a deal with anyone.  2020 launch in western Europe, whatever that means for us post Brexit.

 

So a while then? Cool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a little confused, we already have a Disney streaming service over here in the UK, Disneylife. Surely the Mando (along with other new Disney/Marvel/SW content) will appear on this service?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jg15 said:

I'm a little confused, we already have a Disney streaming service over here in the UK, Disneylife. Surely the Mando (along with other new Disney/Marvel/SW content) will appear on this service?

Nope. It's more likely Disneylife ends and is replaced by this at some point. It's not been made very clear though. I just hope my Disneylife subscription changes over automatically. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Darwock said:

Was that Giancarlo Esposito?

Yes. And Carl Weathers. Werner Herzog and Nick Nolte are in there somewhere too, along with Pedro Pascal in the main suit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.