rllmuk
TehStu

The Mandalorian - live action Star Wars TV show

Does anyone suspect this is actually a Bobba Fett tv series? I know they've said it's not and it's a different character but that might just be a ruse.

Of course that would mean he needed to have survived the Sarlacc pit. 

Edit: Oh apparently he did.

5 hours ago, LowCostMonkey said:

Does anyone suspect this is actually a Bobba Fett tv series? I know they've said it's not and it's a different character but that might just be a ruse.

Of course that would mean he needed to have survived the Sarlacc pit. 

Edit: Oh apparently he did.

I do. Surely they'll shoehorn him in somewhere if not. 

Having said that I'm wrong on most things like this and therefore it won't be. You heard it here first. 

They've talked a little about it at Star Wars Celebration. And I mean just a little.

The title character is a mysterious lone gunfighter on the outer reaches of the galaxy, which probably isn't a surprise. His ship is named Razor’s Crest and is described as "a reflective silver old army gunship".

Gina Carano says her character is an ex-rebel shock trooper.

Carl Weathers says his character is the leader of a guild of bounty hunters who hires the Mandalorian to acquire a valuable commodity.

They also mentioned hiring 501st Legion cosplayers to portray Stormtroopers.

I thought Solo might be a bit shit and to be honest, it was. I thought Rogue One was unnecessary and it turned out to be ace, definitely the best Star Wars film since the OT.

Rather than being negative, I'm quite looking forward to this, hopefully it's something different and doesn't have references to the old films every five minutes.

Once again, it’s looking very much like the best Star Wars stuff is anything other than what comes out in the cinema.

Looks pretty damn good. 

Surprisingly good, even!

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

12 November for the first episode. 

Only on Disney+ though right, so UK will have to wait until whenever that launches here next year I guess?

39 minutes ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

Did you not see the trailer ;)

Nope. Waiting for a proper version rather than phone camera footage, I assume it's full of Easter eggs :) 

• Upvote 1

The 

Spoiler

Salacious Crumb on the spit

sold it for me :lol:

Although surely IG-88 should be jumping around like a big mad scary eejit like he did in Shadows of the Empire.  He was a bastard in that.

This is the kind of shit I was wanting Disney to do. Stories from the universe not tied to the OT, or at least only tenuously. Smaller scale stuff that shows a functioning world that I'd imagined when I was a kid. Filled with oddball looking characters and shady backstreets with new craft zipping about. Looks brilliant and I can't wait.

• Upvote 7