The Mandalorian - live action Star Wars TV show

27 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

0:48 - is that.......

Reveal hidden contents

Ahsoka.....??!

Don’t think it is (could be wrong) but. 

Spoiler

She hasn’t got her white  face markings so not sure unless some kind of Jedi mind trick to blend in 

But that trailer was superb -  loved the 

Spoiler

Two gammoreans  fighting in the cage fight -though  am I the only one who finds it strange to see them without there jabba palace armour on kinda just to seeing them in rotj lol

44 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

0:48 - is that.......

Reveal hidden contents

Ahsoka.....??!

Looks like it's on Mon Cala with all the Quarren wandering about and no

Spoiler

It's not Rosario Dawson and that's definitely not a Togruta, so it ain't Ahsoka

Not Rosario Dawson is actually wrestler Sasha Banks.

So either she’s playing Ahsoka, not Rosario Dawson, or if the rumours are true she’s playing...

Spoiler

Sabine Wren

Could be something completely different of course but as we saw the...

Spoiler

Dark Saber

at the end of  Series 1...

Spoiler

Sabine would make sense as I think she was the previous owner.

3 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

So either she’s playing Ahsoka, not Rosario Dawson, or if the rumours are true she’s playing...

Hide contents

Sabine Wren

Hide contents

Dark Saber

Hide contents

Plus

she went off with Ahsoka to find Ezra at the end of Rebels, so they might still be teamed up.

40 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

Hide contents

Sabine Wren

Hide contents

Dark Saber

Hide contents

Doesn’t that make it less likely to be her? It usually only changes masters when the previous master dies

2 minutes ago, Broker said:

Doesn’t that make it less likely to be her? It usually only changes masters when the previous master dies

Sabine gave the Dark Sabre to

Spoiler

Bo katan played in clone wars and Rebels by Katee Sackhoff and she'll be reprising ther role in season 2

To rule over ther Mandalorians and kick the Imps off Mandalore. There's a space in time where Moff Gideon got the sabre between rebels and the mandalorian that needs to be filled in. 

So as far it looks like we’re getting...

Spoiler

Boba Fett

Ahsoka

Bo Katan

and possibly Sabine.

One of the great things about season 1 was the lack of memberberries, so I hope it doesn’t turn into a cluttered shoe-horning in of old characters.

Then again, seeing how the cartoons have better character development than at least six of the movies in the “Skywalker Saga” (cough), it’s pretty good to bring them to a wider audience and slap-bang into a hit TV show, if they do it right.

Grace Randolph reckons that Pedro Pascal actually left the show partway through shooting season 2 after having his request for more helmet-off action refused by the creative team, after which relationships broke down.

Hence why lots of other characters are being introduced - she reckons the Mandalorian himself may not even be in it that much. Whether it’s true or not I do think it’s a totally bizarre decision to cast someone like Pascal and then have him just voice a suit of armour. It’s not like there was any established lore about him having to keep his helmet on, unlike Dredd or the Master Chief. 

Grace Randolph has plenty of form for talking total shit though. She first came to my attention when I was working on Solo; someone on here kept posting her videos about what was going on behind the scenes and they were a load of bollocks (not that I could actually say anything, though).

8 hours ago, Pob said:

Grace Randolph reckons that Pedro Pascal actually left the show partway through shooting season 2 after having his request for more helmet-off action refused by the creative team, after which relationships broke down.

Hence why lots of other characters are being introduced - she reckons the Mandalorian himself may not even be in it that much. Whether it’s true or not I do think it’s a totally bizarre decision to cast someone like Pascal and then have him just voice a suit of armour. It’s not like there was any established lore about him having to keep his helmet on, unlike Dredd or the Master Chief. 

She's so full of shit.

No idea who she is.

Anyway, I find it weird that they refer to Jedi as mythical sorcerers, conveniently forgetting they led the charge on a huge galactic war that spanned decades and ended only about 25 years ago...and the fact that mandalorian have a long history with the jedi, either working together or fighting against. Not to mention the dark sabre, an item that is almost religious to mandalorians and whoever holds it becomes their leader, is a jedi weapon. 

Also, the helmet thing. That's new. Every mandalorian we've seen in canon stuff this far has had no problem removing their helmet. Perhaps it's part of his particular sect of mandalorians or something. 

12 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Anyway, I find it weird that they refer to Jedi as mythical sorcerers, conveniently forgetting they led the charge on a huge galactic war that spanned decades and ended only about 25 years ago...and the fact that mandalorian have a long history with the jedi, either working together or fighting against. 

It's been that way since the Imperial boardroom meeting at the start of A New Hope. You just have to suspend your disbelief that the Empire could've done such an amazing job of rewriting history.

12 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Also, the helmet thing. That's new. Every mandalorian we've seen in canon stuff this far has had no problem removing their helmet. Perhaps it's part of his particular sect of mandalorians or something. 

Yeah this is really odd. In season 1 they say that they now never take their helmets off after being persecuted by the Empire, so it's a new thing. Why they introduced that piece of lore for a live-action show, I've no idea.

Old favvers has actually confirmed that at the very least, they're focusing on other characters later in the season. So it's not complete bullshit. Hopefully the Pedro having a tantrum thing is the bullshit bit.

Would seem odd for an actor to accept the role as is, then bitch about it in the 2nd season..

I don't believe Pedro would be upset, the guy seems massively overjoyed that he's the Mando.

As for the Jedi, they were a mythical thing even when they were around, there were only around 10k of them during the clone wars spread over 100s of thousands of planets amongst trillions of people, even on coruscant they were a rare sight let alone around the galaxy. 

12 hours ago, Pob said:

Mando’s portrayed by Brendan Wayne, John Wayne’s grandson, most of the time.

No weirder to cast Pedro Pascal than to cast James Earl Jones and then get the Green-Cross Code man to do everything on set.

I guess Pedro’s worried people will forget what he looks like.