IGNORED

Best short games

jonamok

• 11 months later...
On 05/10/2018 at 11:28, Trumpets said:

The Order 1886 is a great story-based third person shooter that looks amazing and doesn't outstay its welcome.

No idea why people are so negative about it; I loved it.

I was about to start a thread asking if it was time to reappraise the order £18.86, but this says it all really.

even after all this time.

image.thumb.png.7b5af63454019772417176cd900ccf5d.png

On 11/09/2020 at 22:45, Qazimod said:

Since the bump, I'll recommend Katana Zero - I "beat" it in a day or two but it has alternate endings, secrets and an update which added speedrun mode, hard mode etc. HLTB measures it at 4.5 hours for the main story, up to 8 hours for completionists.

It was also my GotY for 2019 and I'd recommend it to anyone who likes fast-paced 2D things. :)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/460950/Katana_ZERO/

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/katana-zero-switch

Just started this. It’s brilliant. Thank you for the recommendation 

On 29/08/2021 at 14:58, SeanR said:

I was about to start a thread asking if it was time to reappraise the order £18.86, but this says it all really.

even after all this time.

image.thumb.png.7b5af63454019772417176cd900ccf5d.png

The problem with The Order was that it completely and utterly wasted its intriguing supernatural premise for shooting endless cockerknee gangsters. Looked bloody good, though. 

On 11/09/2020 at 22:45, Qazimod said:

Since the bump, I'll recommend Katana Zero - I "beat" it in a day or two but it has alternate endings, secrets and an update which added speedrun mode, hard mode etc. HLTB measures it at 4.5 hours for the main story, up to 8 hours for completionists.

It was also my GotY for 2019 and I'd recommend it to anyone who likes fast-paced 2D things. :)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/460950/Katana_ZERO/

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/katana-zero-switch

Another vote for this. Thanks for the recommendation, I’m really enjoying it 

Guardian Heroes is down to £1.69 and will play on any XBox from a 360 onward..

One of Treasure's best titles and just a really fun scrolling beat-em-up with RPG-ish character upgrading..

Can be played through in an hour normally, but has a bunch of alternate routes through and different endings..

Plus it's great fun to speedrun through using the (seemingly) weakest character Nicole, who appears pretty useless to begin with, until you power up her INT/Magic after which her barrier shields annihilate all in her path, crushing enemies against the sides of the screen..

barrier-min.jpg

Probably already been mentioned but some short games I have recently completed.

Gorogoa (Puzzle game in which you move tiles around)

Donut County (Fun game where you play a hole swallowing everything up)

The Last Campfire (By Hello Games, you play a lost Ember trying to find his way)

Sayonara Wild Hearts (Amazing soundtrack)

Concrete Genie (You play a kid artist dealing with bullies)

Rhythm Doctor is recorded on HLTB at 4 hours for the main story - I reached the end credits on the day I downloaded it, but there are harder variants of stages to unlock and better grades to aim for, so it took longer to do everything in the game. It’s also my game of the year so far, and essential for anyone who enjoyed Rhythm Tengoku or Rhythm Heaven back in the day.