jonamok

Best short games

On 02/10/2018 at 00:40, Dark Soldier said:

What Remains of Edith Finch

Here we go, DS banging on about Edith Finch again, boring... *yawn*. Love you.

Edith Finch is pretty good. I preferred Blackwood Crossing. Plenty of shouts for Inside already. There is Limbo of course and I enjoyed Thomas was Alone.

21 hours ago, Unofficial Who said:

I got it to interrogate my Steam library and saved the results to a word document so when ever I'm looking for a short game in my collection I have a list.

All the suggestions in this thread have been great.

There's a tool that can make Steam catagories for your library automatically according to How Long To Beat (and other things like genre, year of release, steam user reviews and others).

Called Depressurizer, and free, instructions are here.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Trumpets said:

Uncharted 2 and 3 are both less than 10 hours long, and cram in a hell of a lot of spectacle in that time.

And if Uncharted 4 seems too long Lost Legacy is an amazing game with less of the bloat. (IMHO it was the better game with a tighter story.)

Reigns on mobile is a great little game. It fits the short game bill (each run could be over in a few minutes) but also has overarching goals and objectives to work towards that will probably take you a couple of hours.

It's a game about running a kingdom with the simplicity of Tinder's interface (swipe right /left).

• Upvote 2

Some really great suggestions on here that I won’t repeat, but I’d like to add a few not yet mentioned  :-

Subsurface Circular- only a couple of hours long but an interesting experience an I got it for less than £2 last time it was on sale on Switch

Stories: Path of Destinies- maybe in contention for worst title ever, it was a PS plus freebie and turned out to be a great deal of fun for the 5 or 6 hours play time

Unfinished Swan

All the Call of Duty campaigns - some better than others but all a big silly old laugh and dirt cheap.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, donpeartree said:

Reigns on mobile is a great little game. It fits the short game bill (each run could be over in a few minutes) but also has overarching goals and objectives to work towards that will probably take you a couple of hours.

It's a game about running a kingdom with the simplicity of Tinder's interface (swipe right /left).

Talking of which, have you seen this? 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Junker said:

Some really great suggestions on here that I won’t repeat, but I’d like to add a few not yet mentioned  :-

Subsurface Circular- only a couple of hours long but an interesting experience an I got it for less than £2 last time it was on sale on Switch

Stories: Path of Destinies- maybe in contention for worst title ever, it was a PS plus freebie and turned out to be a great deal of fun for the 5 or 6 hours play time

Unfinished Swan

All the Call of Duty campaigns - some better than others but all a big silly old laugh and dirt cheap.

Subsurface Circular (for Steam) is currently in the Humble Bundle in the $1 tier too.

Contradiction: Spot the Liar

Takes about 4-5 hours in total and is just wonderful. It has the best acting and was genuinely one of my favourite games the year it came out and certainly my favourite FMV game. 

On 02/10/2018 at 17:42, Vin said:

Hotline Miami 1 & 2. Addictive as all fuckery too. 

Currently £5.79 in the sale on PSN. Get it done. 

The Bunker

EGTTR

The Council

The Bridge

EGTTR is the only game to have me sobbing at the end. It's incredible. 

Game of the generation for me. 

• Upvote 1

The Order 1886 is a great story-based third person shooter that looks amazing and doesn't outstay its welcome.

No idea why people are so negative about it; I loved it.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Trumpets said:

The Order 1886 is a great story-based third person shooter that looks amazing and doesn't outstay its welcome.

Yes it was pretty good, dragged a bit in places but I did enjoy it

1 hour ago, Trumpets said:

Totally agree! 

Absolutely brilliant game, which is stunning too. Also, Jason Graves does the soundtrack, and it's gorgeous. 

I need to get it actually, it's a lovely coloured vinyl too. 

On 04/10/2018 at 13:44, deKay said:

Subsurface Circular (for Steam) is currently in the Humble Bundle in the $1 tier too.

In the same $1 tier is Simulacra which is a "lost phone" horror type game (and given it's Halloween month the best time to play) and clocks in around 4-5 hours and I enjoyed it despite the sometimes ropey acting.  So get this bundle is I guess what we're saying.

For $1.

16 hours ago, MoFo2 said:

Thanks to this topic, I now have a 15 or so games in my wishlist on the PS Store. Hopefully the Black Friday-sales are good.

Wait, is there a wishlist feature on the psn store? If so, how do you use it?

Another suggestion, I’ve just completed Qube Directors Cut. Must have been a PS+ giveaway I don’t remember purchasing. It’s a nice puzzle game which you can complete in a few hours. Also the music is great.