rllmuk
footle

Google Stadia

22 hours ago, Joystick Chevron said:

At a guess, 25 years of that hideous Uncle Fester fuck spewing bullshit for his various corporate masters. Shittest hype man ever.

Well is that his fault or the people who write his material? as you're essentially blaming the messenger if you refer to him as a hype man, the Flavor Flav of the collective, you should probably be aiming your ire at the Chuck D who masterminded the project.

43 minutes ago, mushashi said:

Well is that his fault or the people who write his material? as you're essentially blaming the messenger if you refer to him as a hype man, the Flavor Flav of the collective, you should probably be aiming your ire at the Chuck D who masterminded the project.

Whatever Phil, no one cares. You'll never be as good as Reggie so jog on to your next gig.

On 21/03/2019 at 16:11, Joystick Chevron said:

At a guess, 25 years of that hideous Uncle Fester fuck spewing bullshit for his various corporate masters. Shittest hype man ever.

Well you know he was kind of instrumental to bringing the PlayStation brand alive - especially in Europe. PlayStation hasn't done that badly last time I looked. Yes PS3 was a bit of a disaster but I think other forces were at play with that. All in all think hes a good frontman and introduced some great stuff.

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, mushashi said:

So it's just a dislike of the person presenting the ideas dreamed up by somebody else that some people can't get over? ok...

:D Indeed. And there are some great ideas here. And huge corporation to back it up. The fact that people like Phil Harrison are involved actually gives the effort some credibility for me not take it away. He oversaw and brought to market some really cool projects on the PS2.

Not sure where all the venom comes from with respect to Phil Harrison TBH. Odd.

• Upvote 1

I found this comment from somebody who works in the industry and is on the need to know list interesting:

The entire industry is going to be turned upside down in the next ~5 years. Everything will change, and no one is safe.

So buckle up, it's going to be a bumpy Next Gen. :D

• Downvote 6

Whatever, you can figure out the source by doing some detective work, I quoted his post verbatim and the guy has a very long track record so whenever he bothers to comment on something, it's always worth reading.

• Downvote 8

3 minutes ago, mushashi said:

Whatever, you can figure out the source by doing some detective work, I quoted his post verbatim and the guy has a very long track record so whenever he bothers to comment on something, it's always worth reading.

Because he can foresee the future. OK.

Do people from Resetera cite gibberish one-liners from rllmuk as if they're the voice of God, or is it all one-way traffic?

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, mushashi said:

Please stop your shitty ‘ooh, I’m a insider’ b.s.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, mushashi said:

you can figure out the source by doing some detective work

Why should we? If you can't be bothered naming him, we'll just assume he's a no-mark nobody.

15 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Why should we? If you can't be bothered naming him, we'll just assume he's a no-mark nobody.

He's a no-matt nobody.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mushashi said:

Whatever, you can figure out the source by doing some detective work, 

What is with this constant cloak and dagger bollocks? It's just a mod at Resetera, not some secret line you've got to John fucking Kodera. Why do we need to try figure out your 'sources' when it's just some bloke on a forum. A guy so senior and deeply embedded in the games industry they've got the time and inclination to moderate a forum. Maddening nonsense. 

• Upvote 7

My mate's uncle knows a bloke who once worked for a woman who knew a man who bought a cat from a tramp who sits outside the Google offices begging for change.  He waved his cup at a Google employee and said, "have you got any change", and the man said "I am an executive at Google. In the next year, you are going to see so much change, you won't recognise the console industry.  This is a game changer. Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, all will sit up and take notice.  You cannot put into words what we are doing, but no-one is safe.  Now, please play Hotel California by The Eagles".

The tramp reached for his guitar, and sang his heart out.  The Google executive sang along, and now they are married. 

• Upvote 8

Press conference 6th June 5pm.

@footle I've edited the thread title to add info on the press conference

• Upvote 2

I care but by all accounts it doesn't launch until november. So I probably won't care much until then.

Spoilers

Firstly, the service will launch through a Founder’s Edition kit. This bundle will come with a Stadia Controller, a Chromecast Ultra, a license key for Destiny 2 and a three-month subscription to Stadia Pro, the service’s subscription-based platform.

Onto Stadia Pro: whilst Google’s cloud-gaming project will offer traditional game purchases, such as Destiny 2, it will also offer an Xbox Game Pass subscription service on top. Costing $11.00 Canadian, the service will offer 4K/60fps streaming on a bunch of popular titles.

The service’s launch lineup already includes:

The Division 2

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey

Doom

Tomb Raider 2013/Rise of the Tomb Raider/ Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Destiny 2

On launch, Stadia will remain locked to Chromecast devices utilizing the dedicated controller, although Google has said the Xbox Adaptive Controller will be supported. Google says it will eventually support all products with a Chrome browser next year in 2020.

Google Stadia will reportedly include a free version next year which will allow you to play purchasable games at 1080p/30fps. Just like Netflix, it would appear Google is locking off higher resolutions for higher subscription tiers, despite having you pay for the game.

All of these details were prematurely reported on by French website LA Presse, but have since been taken down.