Google Stadia - “now a Game Pass killer: The Crew 2 >>> Forza Horizon”

3 hours ago, Jonny5 said:

The standard thing is just the pad for £60. 

Im already looking at picking up another premier kit from eBay for around £50. I was looking for chromecasts and they sell for around £30-40 used so seems a no-brainer if you want to use it on a second tv and have a spare controller for multiplayer. 

Edit: I just looked again and saw one for £40 plus postage so have ordered it. I guess I’m all in on stadia then :lol:

It gets addictive. I've now got 4 Chromecast Ultras! 

So gave the trial a shot again with a clear connection last night. I was playing Destiny 2 as suggested and the res was a bit low and it was a bit laggy. Still playable and looking ok but the lag and visuals on my connection don't make getting Cyberpunk again on Stadia worth it for me. However its nice to know I can play games I'm not arsed too much about graphics or a bit of lag in, so I'll be making use of the trial and keeping my eye on future games coming to it. With a better connection I think this would be a really viable way to experience high end pc/console games without shelling out hundreds of quid. Thanks to the forumites that offered advice as well.

2 minutes ago, Popo said:

Theoretically I could buy this bundle as a Christmas gift, right?  It wouldn't be tied to my Google account and only work with my Google account, or something stupid like that?

It's not tied to your account.

1 hour ago, Hass said:

It's not tied to your account.

Having just bought it... it is tied to the account. :D

I thought maybe Google issue you with a code via email to claim the game, but no, the game is just automatically added to the purchasing account's library.  This might be my fault for signing up to Stadia first, in order to benefit from the £10 off first game purchase offer.

I guess I can just give him access to my Google account, I don't use it for much.  I may just have to sample Cyberpunk first of course... to make sure it's really a computer game... :eyebrows:

Ahh - I think Hass thought you were talking about the Chromecast and the controller, neither of which are tied to your account.

You can do family sharing now so maybe you can give your intended recipient access that way?  You have to add a shared payment card, but the organiser can retain control over what is bought on behalf of the “family”. 

7 hours ago, Paulando said:

What was hugely refreshing was buying the game last night, then clicking play and the game launching within a few seconds. I bought the Xbox version on disc the other day and had to wait a couple of hours for it to install from two discs, and for a 50GB patch to download. And it looks a bit shit next to this version.

I think it’s safe to say that after numerous false starts, playable game streaming is definitely a reality.

Absolutely, I was hugely impressed by how well it worked. If they could just sort out the game selection for the sub, then they’d be on to a winner. 

48 minutes ago, Popo said:

Having just bought it... it is tied to the account. :D

I thought maybe Google issue you with a code via email to claim the game, but no, the game is just automatically added to the purchasing account's library.  This might be my fault for signing up to Stadia first, in order to benefit from the £10 off first game purchase offer.

I guess I can just give him access to my Google account, I don't use it for much.  I may just have to sample Cyberpunk first of course... to make sure it's really a computer game... :eyebrows:

Sorry, I thought you were asking if the Premiere Edition was tied to your account! The game is, sorry.

20 minutes ago, Popo said:

Ah yes, I found the family sharing thingy too, now you mention it. And I bought it for my brother, legit! Google don’t have a leg to stand on. 

Google also do an instant refund if you've played the game for less than two hours. You could do that, than give the cash to your brother to buy then he'd get it all on his account

Just had a little play with Cyberpunk, and despite coming from the PC version, I was quite impressed.

Played at 1080 in performance mode on my laptop and was quite impressed with the visual quality, certainly good enough as a secondary option for playing when I don't have access to my PC, or in other rooms in the house. I assume this improved through the Chromecast Ultra, too? Or does that just enable 4k?

Took advantage of the Cyberpunk, controller and Chromecast Ultra for £40 offer, an incredible deal if only to test out the tecnhology but I can definitely see myself getting some use out of it.

I got my email within 24 hours, and my Premiere kit has been dispatched already, which is great.

Played a few hours of Cyberpunk 2077 now and it’s been perfect. Flawless, even. You can totally forget it’s streaming. Best of all, I’ve played it in bed on my iPhone (using a Razer Kishi), and on my MacBook with an Xbox controller, and switching between them is seamless. Looking forward to getting it on the TV too.

Well I can't complain about the speed in which they got the device to me - ordered late Friday afternoon, delivered about 20 minutes ago.

I do wish they'd gone for asymmetrical sticks on the pad though. I assume the Stadia pad has lower latency than a bluetooth Series X pad?

12 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Well I can't complain about the speed in which they got the device to me - ordered late Friday afternoon, delivered about 20 minutes ago.

I do wish they'd gone for asymmetrical sticks on the pad though. I assume the Stadia pad has lower latency than a bluetooth Series X pad?

It should do if you're connecting it directly to your router.

On 01/10/2018 at 21:51, hub2 said:

Excellent! As long as this is perfected in time for Cyberpunk 2077.

I wonder how much they'll charge? Or if they'll support Steam in the long run. I can see Valve offering the same service in the long run.

Was this post predicting the future?

I got my controller and Chromecast this morning too. Bravo. 

Have we got a list of friends? I have none.

pfspleen is me. 

So are you saying the chrome box actually improves your Stadia connection/performance? Also when people talk about wiring their chrome box to the network, what do they mean exactly? Plugging it directly into the router? From what I understand the chrome box plugs directly into your tv so does that mean having your router in the living room? Ta.

• footle changed the title to Google Stadia - “now a Game Pass killer: The Crew 2 >>> Forza Horizon”