Google Stadia - “being buried in a deep hole next to Google Circles and the rest”

footle

Nice to see the £54.99 come back that I stumped up for Grid, powerful reminder of how strong the buying frenzy can be for new software when you get a new toy.

Assuming the £120 for the controller and chrome cast will follow, unless they making some allowance for the chrome cast being useful still.

I got notifications for my refunds last night. I’m even getting refunded for the Destiny skins and cosmetics I bought, which I can still use as they’re linked to my Bungie account rather than to my Stadia one. 

I’m getting £113 back it looks like - £65 for Resi Village, £40 for the Cyberpunk promo and £8 for the Sniper Elite DLC. All the hardware I bought is folded in to software offers so it’s considered software purchases.

Easily some of the best gaming money I ever spent…sad circumstances bringing it back. :(

46 minutes ago, denisb said:

I’ve had some play store credit and a refund on cyberpunk no console yet ?

both console and cyberpunk are being refunded to a card  I no longer have what happens ? Do they refund to an alternative?

I think they said you'd get an email to change details if the refund failed

I've had one refund, £39.99 for the only game I bought on the thing. 

The email says hardware refunds are coming later, by mid-January. I think I only paid about a tenner for the hardware, which with hindsight was probably a major hint that they were dumping it with a plan to shut it down. 

Never mind, at least I get to keep the Chromecast (to go with the other Chromecast I already had. I never really use either of them.)

3 minutes ago, K said:

What can you actually use a Chromecast for? I only ever used mine for Stadia.

Netflix, disney, iplayer youtube etc from your phone/tablet

Good way to get streaming stuff on big tv if not got good native apps and without firing up a power hungry console

2 minutes ago, Gotters said:

Netflix, disney, iplayer youtube etc from your phone/tablet

Good way to get streaming stuff on big tv if not got good native apps and without firing up a power hungry console

So if you can do all that natively from the telly, there’s no point to it?

12 minutes ago, ZOK said:

So if you can do all that natively from the telly, there’s no point to it?

Not that i know of, maybe some android or google photo album hookup I’d guess at.

I thought it was useless but quite like it for streaming as my tv getting on and the apps very clunky for netflix/amazon prime and non existent for disney.

15 minutes ago, Gotters said:

Not that i know of, maybe some android or google photo album hookup I’d guess at.

I thought it was useless but quite it like for streaming as my tv getting on and the apps very clunky for netflix/amazon prime and non existent for disney.

This is my experience with it, the TV apps don't get a decent level of service support and end up slow and buggy.

Plex on a Samsung app was a perfect example they relied on a user for support and the community jumped on the poor soul when it went tits.