rllmuk
Flub

K-Pop, J-Pop and C-Pop

I love the east asian pop music. Started with Japanese and then discovered k-pop and even the odd Chinese band.

K-pop I currently love.

Oh my girl

Pristin

Dreamcatcher

Twice

• Upvote 2

Rei from Lady Baby (And the one with the best voice) left the band last year and started her own with her sister. They're more metal

The remaining member of Lady Baby (Rie) reformed the band as a four piece with a female replacement for Lady Beard's voice

Lady Beard came back for one song which was nice

No fun music videos from me I'm afraid. My introduction to K-Pop and K-err music, in general, has been through the soundtracks of various K-Dramas I've got myself hooked on (which probably deserves its own Film&TV folder thread). So here's some of the tunes that have got stuck in my head even after the series has ended.

'A Korean Odyssey' on Netflix - Ghosts, Gods, magic, and romance. Honestly wasn't that great, but I liked this track.

From 'Your House Helper' - A chill show about house cleaning and sorting your shit out.

'Suspicious Partner' - Fun and nonsense with a serial killer in the background.

'Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo' - Athletics students falling in love and being cute.

'While You Were Sleeping' - Seeing dream that come true can really mess with you.

I Am Not A Robot - Pretend to be a robot to earn some quick cash, what could possibly go wrong? (Hands down my favourite show)

I've just 'found' Bol4 aka BolBBalgan4 and even though most of their songs aren't new, they're new to me! It I feels like I've already found some of my favourite jams of 2019.

And one a little more chill

I'm sure if you've been listening to K-Pop that you're familiar with IU as well, but since we've not shared anything by her I almost feel duty bound to add a couple of my favourites from her too.

My offering to appease the thread founder

Masaya Koike might be the magnet pulling me in as he seems to be the one constant.

I've asked on a few different forums in the past but nobody has been able to offer me anything similar.

I love the manic energy and sickly sweetness of these for example, under17, ultra prism.

The more manic, disjointed yet melodic the better. Think cardiacs but dipped in a bucket of pink spunk and kicked to death by Japanese paedophiles.

Musically this one was a grower on me, although I liked the MV from the first time I saw it. Playing with being shitfaced after a bad night out as a 'concept' made me laugh, I don't think you'd see most polished K-Pop groups doing that.

@Flub You're the one who got me into OMG, I'm surprised you've not shared this already. Their new album is out, and it's bloody brilliant. The title track is great too, first listen thought it was solid, and it's grown on me a lot having played it a bit more.

@Flub Since you got me into Oh My Girl; I'm wondering if you've known that Mimi, their rapper, has opened her own YouTube channel. She's slowly uploading covers songs with other members of the group that you might enjoy.

Hyojung, Oh My Girl's leader also has her own channel. It's mostly vlog content rather than songs, although she did recently upload this cover on her birthday.