IGNORED

Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

2 hours ago, James Lyon said:

They changed arcade so that it scales to the number of players. You can definitely do it solo if you need to.

Ah cool. I just need a speed one to appear then. 

On 10/05/2022 at 19:10, metallicfrodo said:

@Stopharage Which quizzes are those, the ones on the web? You realise that you only have to do the 30 points ones. The 10 point quizzes you just need to click the link not do the quiz.

Well, don't I feel bloody stupid now..thanks!

I know its possible to purchase Gamepass ultimate using rewards points. Is it possible to buy Office 365 (a one month code) via rewards points.

There is no option under redeem for 365 codes and , as far as I can tell, if I cash in for gift card balance it won't be used for a monthly subscription renewal.

32 minutes ago, Clipper said:

I know its possible to purchase Gamepass ultimate using rewards points. Is it possible to buy Office 365 (a one month code) via rewards points.

The closest method I can see would be a two step process: redeeming a bunch of credit for Currys PC WorldJohn Lewis or the Microsoft Store then buying a year of Microsoft 365 from one of them. That would require you to save up at least 91,200 Rewards points, though, unless one of those retailers have an offer on.

You're probably better off just buying a cheaper code with actual money, as they're available fairly often. Not what you asked for, I know, but you'll get better returns on your Rewards Points from other items.

1 hour ago, Clipper said:

There is no option under redeem for 365 codes and , as far as I can tell, if I cash in for gift card balance it won't be used for a monthly subscription renewal.

Can't you get the Microsoft Store vouchers? Think that creates a balance you can use on things like 365?

8 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Can't you get the Microsoft Store vouchers? Think that creates a balance you can use on things like 365?

I don't believe subscriptions use "microsoft balance" as a payment method, it doesn't seem to be "choosable" anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, dreamylittledream said:

It was 500 points yesterday! (But also wasn’t working)

I thought that was the case! The film punch wouldn’t register at all. I might complain to MS support and see if I can get the missing 425. 

On 27/05/2022 at 09:36, Percy Filth said:

Just got a £4 gift card added to my account according to the Xbox app. No particular reason for it, not sure if it's account specific either. 

Apparently it expires on the 30th June. 

Yeah I got one as well.  No reason given as to why.

5 hours ago, dreamylittledream said:

It was 500 points yesterday! (But also wasn’t working)

Wow, glad I got it yesterday then!

(To get the film one to work, you just had to start downloading a demo.)

(If it makes you feel better I didn’t get a free £4 though.)

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

Wow, glad I got it yesterday then!

(To get the film one to work, you just had to start downloading a demo.)

(If it makes you feel better I didn’t get a free £4 though.)

I wish 425 points equated to £4. That’d make the 220,000 I have saved up worth over £2,000 😂😂

1 hour ago, ScouserInExile said:

If you're looking for an easy achievement for the 500 points, Pac Man Museum Plus gives you one for jus playing one of the games. 2 minutes, tops.

Takes a while to trigger. I seemed to need to play a couple of games to trigger it. On my second time of playing.

Its an odd game. For it to register I think you need to actually play a full game ie lose all your lives then back out to the arcade area again.

12 hours ago, Orion said:

Its an odd game. For it to register I think you need to actually play a full game ie lose all your lives then back out to the arcade area again.

Yeah, you need to play a full game *and let it get back to the game's menu* then hit X and quit to the arcade.

I'd already done it, so did the one for playing all 7 cabinets. Took maybe 30 seconds of wandering around the arcade for it to pop after I'd played the games. It seems a bit finicky.

5 hours ago, shirubagan said:

I just passed £200* in points. Not bad seeing as I’ve only been collecting them since last April, and only regularly since around July last year. 

Good man :).

I'm pretty big on collecting my points and it's always nice to see someone else getting a decent chunk of MS spends!!

Have you got something in mind that you plan on treating yourself to?  

12 minutes ago, womble9 said:

Good man :).

I'm pretty big on collecting my points and it's always nice to see someone else getting a decent chunk of MS spends!!

Have you got something in mind that you plan on treating yourself to?  

I’m thinking either the console refresh if they happen (I hope not) or just keep saving and pay for the next Xbox with points :) 

Getting the game rebates on Evil Dead (4,000) when I paid £6 for it from Eneba and Apex coins at the start of this season helped a bit, but mostly all from daily searches, the daily achievement and completing the app quests. 

The right stick on my Design Lab controller started drifting a few weeks ago and now it's become terminal. So I've had to revert to my plain old white one that came with the S.

So it looks like my next chunk of points will be spent on a replacement (for the one I bought with points in the first place).

35 minutes ago, Darren said:

The right stick on my Design Lab controller started drifting a few weeks ago and now it's become terminal. So I've had to revert to my plain old white one that came with the S.

So it looks like my next chunk of points will be spent on a replacement (for the one I bought with points in the first place).

Will they not replace it for you? One of my Xbox pads has begun to drift recently and it's very annoying. Just out of 12 month warranty by ~5 weeks.

Just lost my weekly streak. Was away in Munich for my stag do over the weekend and didn't have enough time left to get the set once I got home.

Gutted - was up to around 40 weeks too! 

14 hours ago, shirubagan said:

Will they not replace it for you? One of my Xbox pads has begun to drift recently and it's very annoying. Just out of 12 month warranty by ~5 weeks.

Hmm, I assumed it was way out of warranty but I’ll investigate, thanks.