Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

Borrowed (as always) from some helpful soul on Reddit, here are this weeks 50/50, "This or that" answers (UK):

'C Moon'

'Ebony and Ivory'

'Ever Present Past'

'Heart of the Country'

'Helen Wheels'

'Jet'

'Little Lamb Dragonfly'

'London Town'

'Mull of Kintyre'

'Temporary Secretary'

'The Back Seat of My Car'

'Too Much Rain'

'Tug of War'

'Wonderful Christmastime'

There's also a new "Are you a sports fanatic" punch card on the dash that's a very quick and easy 150 points. 

983266184_Screenshot2022-04-04112038.thumb.jpg.adc36f940d33dd3b58236559bb064870.jpg

https://rewards.microsoft.com/?refd=account.microsoft.com&redref=amc

:)

OK, so for some (me being a lucky chosen one!) the rewards app on the Xbox wasn't working last night meaning you couldn't get you 50 pots for an achievement or one of your daily log ins to the gamepass app which goes towards your weekly streak. 

That seems to be ok now, but what wasn't working for me this morning, was the desktop page where you get your dailies. It didn't matter if I refreshed it or used another browser, it just kept giving me the same "Try another page. This link isn’t working" This was when using my (had worked fine every day for the last 2-3 years) bookmarked address of https://account.microsoft.com/rewards 

If anyone else is having the same issue (and using that address I think it's fair to say you will!) then this address got me to where I needed to be and everything seems fine again: https://rewards.microsoft.com/ and my 521 day streak (Saaaaaad!) is now safe as. 

Hurrah :)

The Top 10 reward thing is broken, as is tradition.

An easy one for Human Fall Flat Laboratory:

• Choose the Laboratory stage from level select
• Open the door

• Grab the blue orb on the left
• Double back on yourself and throw it over the bridge railing into the lava

Easter Eggs 500 points still not working.

3 X Battletoads

1 X SoR

1 X Human Fall Flat

Still no points. When I click the "Unlock an achievement" box it takes me to my installed games.

2 hours ago, teddymeow said:

Easter Eggs 500 points still not working.

3 X Battletoads

1 X SoR

1 X Human Fall Flat

Still no points. When I click the "Unlock an achievement" box it takes me to my installed games.

Still fucked for me also. 

1 x Battletoads

3 x Human FF

On 15/03/2022 at 23:09, disperse and recoagulate said:

New Super Lucky's Tale gives you a 5g achievement for watching the opening video, which is about a minute long.

(My 4 year old loves it)

So does it’s predecessor, Super Lucky’s Tale. That games rubbish though so don’t bother playing it. NSLT is mega though.

HotUKdeals has another turkey Gamepass ultimate deal on. I just got a year for £2.79 per month, max 3 years.  Be wary of the promotions they add during the order journey.   Delete them all from your order as you go...

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/12-month-4-x-3-month-game-pass-ultimate-turkey-key-ps3356-at-gamivo-rabbits-xbox-shop-3917770

Also Split Second for 59p, just buy it and thank later.  https://www.hotukdeals.com/visit/thread/3918238

For the turkey deal you need a VPN but there's a free one in the comments of the HUKD thread. Buy your Turkish codes, go onto Google chrome.  Activate the free Winscribe VPN plugin. Visit. Microsoft site and redeem codes.  That's it.  No need to mess about on console , it just adds the new time to your sub.  

For split second, just buy it from the link.  No need for VPN.

On 09/04/2022 at 19:02, TehStu said:

I did the top ten earlier and it all works fine. 

If anyone is looking for an easy one, try:

Jurasic Park (on cloud) 

Start a new campaign 

Build the only building you can when you start 

Connect a path to it

Hatch the only dinosaur it'll let you hatch

Release the dinosaur 

(it guides you through the four steps above) 

Reward will pop

Takes less than five minutes, including start up time 

If you need three easy achievements, download the free Capcom Arcade thingy and you get 1943 for free.  Play it and press left trigger to rewind (1 achievement), then lose all your lives (2nd achievement) then start score attack mode (3rd achievement)

3 hours ago, Novelty Bobble said:

The new MLB game is ridiculously generous with the achievements, if people are looking for a game to mine for Rewards tasks or anything. I’m pretty bad at it and unlocked 7 in my first game. 

Shamelessly stealing this post for poseseseses

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, teddymeow said:

Just a few points.

My GPU expires next month so I might use them to get a 3 month extension.

Screenshot_2022-04-24-12-08-25-53_d598bac2ca244129cd8945ea2d621073.jpg

Fuckthat. You can get GPU for a pretty cheap price if you look around. You've got close to £100 worth of vouchers to the Microsoft store there. Or £40 test vouchers if you wanna save some money on your shopping.

Would also give x3 3 month XBLG @ 15k/code. Those convert to 50 days GPU each which would be 5 and a bit months extension (just done this a couple of weeks ago so it still works)

1 hour ago, Hawklord said:

Would also give x3 3 month XBLG @ 15k/code. Those convert to 50 days GPU each which would be 5 and a bit months extension (just done this a couple of weeks ago so it still works)

He could also wait until it expires. use the 3x3 months of gold then get a month of Ultimate @ 12000 points to make it 10 months of Game Pass Ultimate.

2 hours ago, Speech said:

He could also wait until it expires. use the 3x3 months of gold then get a month of Ultimate @ 12000 points to make it 10 months of Game Pass Ultimate.

Someone should make a spreadsheet! :)

On 12/04/2022 at 19:50, dumpster said:

If you need three easy achievements, download the free Capcom Arcade thingy and you get 1943 for free.  Play it and press left trigger to rewind (1 achievement), then lose all your lives (2nd achievement) then start score attack mode (3rd achievement)

Thanks! Got my three achievements just now with this. 

I’m really getting into MS Rewards now and actually enjoying all the ways in which to earn points. I’m only on approx 20,000 but my weekly streak is now on a 7 week streak so I’m getting there. 

Silly thing is, when I worked at home full time last year I thought this was a waste of time ☹️ So easy to grab the points in a spare 30-60 minutes. Now I’m finding I’m doing that after work along with household chores! 😣 

Anyways… thanks @dumpster 👌🏻

Perhaps we could do with a "quick and easy achievements" thread for those days when you suddenly realise you need 3 achievements by tomorrow.  I have MLB Baseball downloaded and ready for next time.  

52 minutes ago, dumpster said:

Perhaps we could do with a "quick and easy achievements" thread for those days when you suddenly realise you need 3 achievements by tomorrow.  I have MLB Baseball downloaded and ready for next time.  

I think that would be useful. Just to keep it separate from this thread and people potentially not seeing it. 

On 24/04/2022 at 17:25, Hawklord said:

On 24/04/2022 at 19:20, Speech said:

confused-math.gif