Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

5 hours ago, BeeJay said:

This hasn't worked for me so maybe it got changed. Exactely what did you press to get it to work? I've played for a while now and got several achievements.

You have to hit the "activate this punchcard" before you get the achievement 

On 04/03/2022 at 20:37, ScouserInExile said:

If anyone hasn't noticed, there's a Grid punchcard as well. Activate the punchcard, grab the free trial, play the opening couple of minutes to get an achievement and get the points. 

Cheers, did this last night. 

Just shy of 35,000 points earned since I bought my Series X back in December.

10 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

You have to hit the "activate this punchcard" before you get the achievement 

Yes, I did that. Did you use the buy link on the punch card.

1 minute ago, ScouserInExile said:

Definitely didn't search for the game, so I clicked whichever one took me to the Game Card. 

Thanks, I've just tried clicking through from that link to see if that triggers something differently.

5 hours ago, Windowlicker said:

There are two Grid Legends punch cards. One gives you 6000 points for buying the game, the other is worth 250 points for getting an achievement.

Ah, ok, I haven't seen the achievement one. I thought it must have been a bug for the buy one to work. I've already got a bunch of achievements in it but will try and find the achievement one and activate it. Must be another easy achievement to get surely.

Edit: definitely no 250 points for Grid for me.

4 hours ago, BeeJay said:

Edit: definitely no 250 points for Grid for me.

The punch card that you're looking for is a bit hidden away under the (rather small) "Show all" tab here:

IMG_6459.thumb.jpg.aad340a0cdc0942feffb50a5b407b9f8.jpg 

:).

34 minutes ago, womble9 said:

The punch card that you're looking for is a bit hidden away under the (rather small) "Show all" tab here:

IMG_6459.thumb.jpg.aad340a0cdc0942feffb50a5b407b9f8.jpg 

:).

Thanks, I'd not seen that. Thankfully the achievement one was already ticked so all I had to do was activate the task.

Lost a seven week streak by five minutes trying to get a third achievement.

Still, got the monthly 2000, which adds another £10 John Lewis voucher to the pile.

This is the exact opposite of the arcades I grew up in. Play games all day, get given a tenner!

6 hours ago, Skull Commander said:

Nae fucking Terraria AGAIN. 

Yeah it's a bit odd as to why this has popped up again for what must be the 4th time now. Then again I guess it could always have chucked Black Desert at us one more time eh!!

Oh and just looked and it's also only 100 resources as opposed to the 1000 that we've had to get before. Should literally just take a couple of minutes to get (start new game, grab a pickaxe  and go tunnel down / along) so not too bad if a little uninspiring :)

I'd rather it was Terraria than Black Desert, but they must surely be able to come up with some new ones? 

There's a 500 point Top Ten up now. If you haven't played Evil Genius 2 yet, fire it up (it's on cloud) and start a new game. As soon as you get into the game, you get an Achievement. 

Evil Genius, Destroy All Humans and (I think) Ori all give you an achievement pretty much as soon as you start. Sadly I've already played all of those.

Instead I got an achievement for loading up GTA San Andreas, driving to the sea and drowning.

On a separate note, I've been holding out for a punch card for the Assassin's Creed Dawn of Fragglerock expansion - it's out tomorrow so I'm guessing that if the punch card hasn't appeared by now then it's not going to :(

5 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

On a separate note, I've been holding out for a punch card for the Assassin's Creed Dawn of Fragglerock expansion - it's out tomorrow so I'm guessing that if the punch card hasn't appeared by now then it's not going to :(

Pretty sure that a punchcard for the latest Destiny content popped up after it had launched meaning that those who’d pre ordered missed out, so I guess it could well happen again. 

On 09/03/2022 at 13:51, Garwoofoo said:

Evil Genius, Destroy All Humans and (I think) Ori all give you an achievement pretty much as soon as you start. Sadly I've already played all of those.

Instead I got an achievement for loading up GTA San Andreas, driving to the sea and drowning.

Its there now. 4K points.

I guess waiting until after release makes sense as they are trying to increase sales by offering points so not much benefit giving them to those who going to buy it anyway (and have accordingly pre-ordered).

Age of empires isn't working for the "play with friends" daily any more it seems. I'm installing Forza 5 on my backup HDD to see if that still works. Any other suggestions welcome.

14 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

Age of empires isn't working for the "play with friends" daily any more it seems. I'm installing Forza 5 on my backup HDD to see if that still works. Any other suggestions welcome.

Human Falls Flat is my go-to. Just log into a random online lobby, wander around for thirty seconds and log out. It usually takes a while to register the "play with friends" daily but it catches up in the end.

12 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Human Falls Flat is my go-to. Just log into a random online lobby, wander around for thirty seconds and log out. It usually takes a while to register the "play with friends" daily but it catches up in the end.

Thanks, I moved away from HFF because getting the task required messing up other people's games but I have started downloading it again if it is the only easy option.

54 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

worked fine for me this morning

57 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

Forza 4 also works, if disk space is an issue (without checking, I think it's a smaller install size than 5).

Same thing as 5. You don't have to enter matchmaking or anything. Just being in the car in the overworld counts as "playing with friends" because everyone is pootling about in the same instance. 

It is sometimes a bit unreliable at recognising that I've played. About once a week it'll register the "play a game on PC" task but not the "play online with friends" task even though I do the exact same thing every day. Sometimes going back in and trying again will trigger it, sometimes I just have to accept that it's one of those days where it's not going to work properly.

The whole "PC rewards" thing is still in beta I think so I can't get too precious about it.

1 hour ago, Garwoofoo said:

It is sometimes a bit unreliable at recognising that I've played. About once a week it'll register the "play a game on PC" task but not the "play online with friends" task even though I do the exact same thing every day. Sometimes going back in and trying again will trigger it, sometimes I just have to accept that it's one of those days where it's not going to work properly.

The whole "PC rewards" thing is still in beta I think so I can't get too precious about it.

Yeah it can be a bit flakey and sometimes takes more than one round of Halo Infinite for them both to trigger for me but generally it works okay.

Helps I actually like playing a couple of matches of Halo on an evening so no huge chore if it takes a little longer on occasion.