IGNORED

Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

3 hours ago, jonathanhoey said:

My point was more that I use in-home streaming fairly regularly but I've never managed to get it working from outside the house. Doesn't that involve port forwarding and NAT translation and stuff?

Nope. I just dropped off wifi on my phone, fired up the Xbox app and set remote play going to my XSX (which was already running AC Odyssey). Apart from me lacking a controller synced to phone, it was ready to pickup exactly where I was via data. No ports and crap to figure out.

In what way does it not work for you?

13 hours ago, TehStu said:

Nope. I just dropped off wifi on my phone, fired up the Xbox app and set remote play going to my XSX (which was already running AC Odyssey). Apart from me lacking a controller synced to phone, it was ready to pickup exactly where I was via data. No ports and crap to figure out.

I did almost exactly the same thing. Got it working on WiFi, switched the console off, switched to 4g on my phone and was able to get my console to boot up and launch a game. Going to try it from someone else's WiFi later today. I'm away for two weeks in July, this could save me losing my streak... 

2 hours ago, Clipper said:

or use cloud gaming? does everyone have that or is it still locked to only certain people like the PC reward thing

I just play a gamepass game on phone using cloud gaming

Everyone can access cloud gaming if they have Gamepass but I think the remote play talk is to do with the Xbox Rewards app on the machine itself which has a weekly set with generous rewards for long streaks (2.5k points per 10 weeks).

Also not all Gamepass games are on cloud 

8 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

I did almost exactly the same thing. Got it working on WiFi, switched the console off, switched to 4g on my phone and was able to get my console to boot up and launch a game. Going to try it from someone else's WiFi later today. I'm away for two weeks in July, this could save me losing my streak... 

I've just checked and I could remotely switch in my xbox and connect to it from someone else's WiFi on Android. Seems like this could be a good solution for when you're away from home for a week. 

On 21/02/2022 at 19:26, TehStu said:

Well it works now doesn’t it 😆

D80244F1-5AA5-45BB-B91A-8A2D04CE90DF.thumb.png.9d82d82233ef2e2974fd3a124cefed11.png

In all seriousness, it’s only ever done this before, and still does it half the time:

932A849F-5100-473B-88FE-4EDCFA82497B.thumb.png.8f74f22857c7c33c0dbc4c479d5efd28.png

But when it works it definitely works. Even turns the machine on remotely and everything. 

I’ll make sure to carry a Bluetooth controller with me if I ever go away for more than a week at a time, then :)

4 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

I've just checked and I could remotely switch in my xbox and connect to it from someone else's WiFi on Android. Seems like this could be a good solution for when you're away from home for a week. 

It’s very handy to have. Sometimes I’m away with work for a few days and all I need to do is load the rewards app on my Xbox to click that I’ve done some of the tasks. 

I’ve found playing certain games doesn’t always work so well, But for keeping on top of the rewards it’s great. 

39 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

There's also a 150 point punchcard for Women's History Month on the browser dashboard.

...which I have completed but the 2000 point quest refuses to acknowledge that I've completed.

Have Bing changed how their carousel for search results works?  I used to search '2021 games' and the carousel would have loads of them for me to middle-click.  For the last week there's only been about 8 games on it.

I see the Gamepass quest structure has changed somewhat; playing a game only gives 3 rather than 5 points now, there's no daily quest for using the app, and there are only three weekly quests. Upside is the completionist quest is a bit smaller (only 12 weekly and 22 daily required), but mostly it means fewer points available in a month. 

15 minutes ago, Wiper said:

I see the Gamepass quest structure has changed somewhat; playing a game only gives 3 rather than 5 points now, there's no daily quest for using the app, and there are only three weekly quests. Upside is the completionist quest is a bit smaller (only 12 weekly and 22 daily required), but mostly it means fewer points available in a month. 

Yes, a bit disappointing.

2 hours ago, JPR said:

For the Destiny 2 punchcard, can I use credit from reward points to buy the silver to get the reward points?

Assuming it works the same way as previous promotions then yes. Convert your reward points into MS credit and then use the credit to buy the Silver. Just be aware that any credit on your MS account that's come from points expires in 90 days so you're probably best to only redeem a many / as much as you actually need :)

11 minutes ago, womble9 said:

Assuming it works the same way as previous promotions then yes. Convert your reward points into MS credit and then use the credit to buy the Silver. Just be aware that any credit on your MS account that's come from points expires in 90 days so you're probably best to only redeem a many / as much as you actually need :)

Thank you, wondered if there might be small print somewhere saying promo credit can't be used for promo purchases.

I've run into the expiry problem before, converted everything to purchase a Series X then found I couldn't purchase it, finally got it a couple of weeks before expiry. Did manage to get support to agree to renew for another 90 days if needed, as it was a problem on their end, but not fun thinking I could end up wasting the credit.

5 hours ago, Wiper said:

Yep - we've also lost the get an achievement weekly quest -  although to note they did this about six months ago and they reverted the following month.

Also the login to the app was worth 150 points for a month - which is 15p thereabouts so I won't lose too much sleep.  Just hope they don't put too many play a game that's not on cloud for some irritating condition for the weekly's as losing the 1k quest will be more annoying

5 points a day for logging into the app wasn't worth my time so I'm glad it's gone. 150 points a month, you can get that in like 2-3 days just by doing quizzes on Bing. It was only ever worthwhile as a stepping stone to try and get the 1,000 point monthly quest which is now easier.

30 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

The Wasteland and Greedfall monthly quests are so, so tedious. 

Fixed that for you :).

Wasteland Choose default squad. Skip all the dialogue. Walk up and to the right until you find a goat. Quicksave. Hit RT on the goat and select attack. Kill the goat in one shot and Quickload. Repeat two more times. 

Greedfall:

6 hours ago, Majora said:

5 points a day for logging into the app wasn't worth my time so I'm glad it's gone. 150 points a month, you can get that in like 2-3 days just by doing quizzes on Bing. It was only ever worthwhile as a stepping stone to try and get the 1,000 point monthly quest which is now easier.

Yeah. It was just so stupidly difficult to trigger on my phone, so relieved to see it gone again. Refreshing or reloading the game pass app rarely did it. Mostly cashing in some other quest would cause it to trip, but not always. I mean, it's just getting us to use the app and perhaps enough people do now? But I mean, 5 points, that's a single Bing search. Search for wordle.

On 01/03/2022 at 10:51, Don Wiskerando said:

...which I have completed but the 2000 point quest refuses to acknowledge that I've completed.

Turns out it's talking about the 500 point punchcard on the console app. 

If anyone hasn't noticed, there's a Grid punchcard as well. Activate the punchcard, grab the free trial, play the opening couple of minutes to get an achievement and get the points. 

20 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

If anyone hasn't noticed, there's a Grid punchcard as well. Activate the punchcard, grab the free trial, play the opening couple of minutes to get an achievement and get the points. 

This hasn't worked for me so maybe it got changed. Exactely what did you press to get it to work? I've played for a while now and got several achievements.