IGNORED

Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

28 minutes ago, earlymodernsteve said:

I did the Human Fall Flat thing for a while but it was a very dull way to grind the points. Was also full of kids on mics which felt weird! Went for daily Halo Infinite MP sessions which was much more fun but then needed the Install space. Now I've switched to Windjammers 2. Basically just install something small with a decent user base and go for it.

i tried it with something else and it didnt work. I used Human fall flat cos it works and is quick. I boot my pc in the morning and just double click on the icon then join a server and stand somewhere out of way for 2 mins I have speakers off and I dont have a mic so I didn't even know htere was voice comms.

I will try windjammers 2 thanks for the tip.

22 minutes ago, Waggo said:

I have been doing it for just over a year and in no way max out the points, or lose my shit if I break a chain or whatever (Although I did get addicted to hitting the 10K in the last challenge they did).  

But in general for about 10 minutes of effort per day I have been able to purchase on release AC Valhalla, Resi Village, COD Vanguard, The Lost City, Fifa 22, Ghost & Goblins Resurrection & Aliens Fireteam. I also upgraded to FH4 & Halo Infinite Premium and rented a couple of movies.  I currently have 83,000 points and will be getting Elden Ring week after next and Lego Star Wars when that is out.

So the upshot is it is no bullshit that you can pay for GP Ultimate every month, or whatever else you want for pretty much minimal effort.  

Yeah I mostly max out the free points I think but I dont go above and beyond. I didn't get the long dark one last month as I have played it before and it didnt appeal and walking 3kms for a few points felt too grindy.

I guess I spend 10 mins a day on it but that can expand out. I'll play a new game and enjoy it and blitz a few levels etc. Omno and Shadow Warrior 2 both interested me after I tried them so I spent more than 10 mins a day on those but I don't count that as they are games I enjoy playing.

I can see the perspective of people who say it is a waste of time/not valuing your time/not worth it to them. I wouldn't argue against anyone saying that as it is horses for courses. For me I get some stuff (an MS wireless headset next month) and my gaming horizon is widened a fair amount. I was stuck in a rut of Minecraft and fortnite and not trying anything new - I love both games still but felt I should try more stuff. Rewards has encouraged me to explore Gamepass more.

does everyone not get that? I thought it was a standard PC gamepass thing? It only appears on the xbox app (not the gamepass one). I get 4 daily things on there - Play jewel (5 ha!) - play pc game (10) - paly with friends on pc (100) - use xbox app (10)

it would be 110 for play pc but you get bonuses for linking a social account, having 7+ friends (xbox ones count obivously), sub to gamepass. Somehow that gives me 275 instead.

So on the Xbox mobile app (not gamepass) do you only see 2 of those?

Just now, Clipper said:

does everyone not get that? I thought it was a standard PC gamepass thing? It only appears on the xbox app (not the gamepass one). I get 4 daily things on there - Play jewel (5 ha!) - play pc game (10) - paly with friends on pc (100) - use xbox app (10)

it would be 110 for play pc but you get bonuses for linking a social account, having 7+ friends (xbox ones count obivously), sub to gamepass. Somehow that gives me 275 instead.

So on the Xbox mobile app (not gamepass) do you only see 2 of those?

Nope. Nothing like that. Could you perhaps take a screenshot so I can see where these are (just in case my blind ass is not seeing them)

3 minutes ago, Ry said:

Nope. Nothing like that. Could you perhaps take a screenshot so I can see where these are (just in case my blind ass is not seeing them)

ok so I'll go step by step just in case. The mobile app I use is this one

IMG_1072.PNG.ede733e2d091b54243efe537e88a9ecd.PNG

And when it is running I see this screen and I tap on the bottom right bit which is my account and it shows my balance etc and the 4 possible daily things I can do

IMG_1071.thumb.PNG.ec83cda7dc4e1b9f6261f34b5a7a9cf3.PNG

if you scroll down you see 3 green boxes for the 3 "upgrades" which ar ethe link a social account, 7+ frinds and sub to gamepass.

I only see these on this mobile app not on any other rewards app or xbox app anywhere.

I'd love to use something other than human fall flat for the multiplayer reward but windjammers is a good example of why it is difficult:

image.png.b56c7563bcf0873b0cc780f852fd9f55.png

The same with monster train's online mode.

Human fall flat always has lobbies available.

6 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

Age of Empires always has "Daily points, no playing" lobbies available. You only need to join a lobby for a couple of minutes and it pops. 

Which one? IV is an eye watering 132Gb install.

EDIT: Just discovered that sitting in a lobby works for Human fall flat, so that is still my prefered method. Join a lobby and move the game to the background and carry on doing whatever I'm doing (current writing some code for a python maths game).

17 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

I'd love to use something other than human fall flat for the multiplayer reward but windjammers is a good example of why it is difficult:

image.png.b56c7563bcf0873b0cc780f852fd9f55.png

The same with monster train's online mode.

Human fall flat always has lobbies available.

It's depressing hardly anyone is playing Windjammers 2 online. And that's the number including PC players. It will probably end up being in my top 5 of the year. 

10 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

Which one? IV is an eye watering 132Gb install.

EDIT: Just discovered that sitting in a lobby works for Human fall flat, so that is still my prefered method. Join a lobby and move the game to the background and carry on doing whatever I'm doing (current writing some code for a python maths game).

Erm... 2, I think. Might even be the first one. 

Edit: just checked, it's the first one 

24 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

Erm... 2, I think. Might even be the first one. 

Edit: just checked, it's the first one 

Thanks, think I can tollerate sticking 12 GB on my secondary drive.

9 hours ago, Banjaxed said:

6,000 points for preordering Elden Ring is on the app now. Make sure to click it if you are going digital. 

Does it have to be bought from the MS store? I seem to remember people receiving points for Resi VIII with codes bought elsewhere. 

I'm pretty sure that is fine, the codes are still redeemed through the MS store though, so technically you are 'buying' it from the MS store, same as you would by using giftcards that you have added to your account (whether they are bought with reward points or through cdkeys etc), which definitely works.

It doesn’t always work - I bought the Witch Queen elsewhere, and it didn’t let me get any reward points for it, even though the Microsoft store recognised that I had preordered it. 

EDIT: although I think that was because I’d preordered it before the reward punch card thing appeared. 

1 hour ago, shirubagan said:

Does it have to be bought from the MS store? I seem to remember people receiving points for Resi VIII with codes bought elsewhere. 

Never used that method yet. As @metallicfrodo says it should work fine. If you run in to a problem like @K did a support ticket should sort it. 

The digital code is pretty cheap at Shopto https://www.shopto.net/en/dwnld67662-elden-ring-standard-edition-pre-purchase-p1162625/

I used the rewards points I had built up to purchase as I’ll be taking the X to New Zealand for the launch of this one and didn’t want the hassle of waiting for keys to be sent. 

12 hours ago, Banjaxed said:

6,000 points for preordering Elden Ring is on the app now. Make sure to click it if you are going digital. 

Oh man, I pre-ordered about 5 days ago. Are MS likely to look kindly if I get in touch and ask for the points. I mean, I have pre-ordered…surely they don’t need me to cancel and order again….

15 minutes ago, rgraves said:

Oh man, I pre-ordered about 5 days ago. Are MS likely to look kindly if I get in touch and ask for the points. I mean, I have pre-ordered…surely they don’t need me to cancel and order again….

It’ll almost certainly need a support ticket if you clicked the punch card after you preordered but they should add them for you if you ask.

Well I've just proffered it through the Xbox store but the punchers still won't complete.

I also can't complete the doing light 2 punchboard despite getting several achievements since activating it.  

The backend of the rewards app is a real mess and I'm starting to get sick of having to raise support tickets for stuff that really should just work.

11 minutes ago, Don Wiskerando said:

Well I've just proffered it through the Xbox store but the punchers still won't complete.

I also can't complete the doing light 2 punchboard despite getting several achievements since activating it.  

The backend of the rewards app is a real mess and I'm starting to get sick of having to raise support tickets for stuff that really should just work.

Have you quit the app from the Xbox menu and relaunched it? I’ve had that several times, but they always seem to catch up (eventually). 

The Dying Light punchcard finally worked for me today. I had earnt maybe 4-5 achievements since it went up, but it was only after getting one today that it finally recognised it. 

@rgraveswhenever I have missed out on points like that, I email support explaining that I want to cancel my order as a punch card has gone live. They seem to refund a lot quicker (usually within a day) than if you start trying to get them to add points on for you. 

If anyone is after a couple of really easy achievements, the new to GP Taiko drum master game seems to throw them at you early on. When you first start the game (like before you've got to the main menu the first time) it shows you the buttons, you have no choice but to cycle through this and you get an achievement for this. Then there's a second "tutorial" bit that, again, you have no choice but to cycle through. Another achievement for that. I think someone said just playing for the first time gets you a handful as well.