IGNORED

Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

17 hours ago, Ry said:

Anybody got the points for getting an achievement in Dying Light 2?

I have got 3 achievements today and it still ain't working

Am I right in thinking it's not on gamepass?

Is it correct that you can only earn 5000pts per month max?

Being a new Series S owner I’m on track for earning 6000+ in just a week, but will it stop at 5000 and not register the other points? Wondering whether to cash in for a £5 Xbox gift card or push on for a month of Gamepass, but realise there’s got to be a catch. 

13 minutes ago, CrichStand said:

Is it correct that you can only earn 5000pts per month max?

Being a new Series S owner I’m on track for earning 6000+ in just a week, but will it stop at 5000 and not register the other points? Wondering whether to cash in for a £5 Xbox gift card or push on for a month of Gamepass, but realise there’s got to be a catch. 

hmmm, I've not hit a cap like that in the last month but there might be a limit with new/unverified accounts to stop bots farming gift cards?

There's a 5,000 limit a month on gifting points to a family member, but I've never hit a limit on earning points. I've averaged 13,500 in the last few months and nearly 19,000 in December.

5 minutes ago, JPR said:

There's a 5,000 limit a month on gifting points to a family member, but I've never hit a limit on earning points. I've averaged 13,500 in the last few months and nearly 19,000 in December.

I thought the gifting thing was no longer possible?

1 minute ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

I thought the gifting thing was no longer possible?

I don't know about gifting but there's still an faq on the MS site that shows the 5,000 limit, so just wonder if that's gotten lost in translation and become an overall limit somewhere.

Never gifted points, well apart from converting £235 to buy a Series X, finding the store won't let me spend it then getting buyers remorse. So fingers crossed the pending Series X will go through this time for my brother. More converting really, he's paying me full price for it, I'm not that generous.

37 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

I'm on nearly 10,000 pts after 8 days of February. Just seems like a ridiculously generous incentive at present. 

How the hell did you manage this in 8 days? That seems impossible. 

Did you buy a bunch of stuff in the anime and games sale?

There's levels to the Reward scheme (albeit just 2 of them I think). Can't remember whether you get to level 2 through time or points earned but you do need to continue earning a certain amount to stay at it. The lower level might have a points limit. All off the back of my awful memory so will check later when at the computer.

As far as I know there is no limit to points earned in a month.  

I certainly rinsed the last 10,000 points challenge they did last year, and you only had a month to do it in.

1 hour ago, Stopharage said:

I'm on nearly 10,000 pts after 8 days of February. Just seems like a ridiculously generous incentive at present. 

I've literally done every free thing possible apart from the monthly challenges and I'm on 7700 for the month. No idea where you have got the extra 2k from. Even if I had completed all of the current monthly and weekly challenges I'd still only be on about 8200. Probably the streak bonus on the Xbox rewards app as I'm still not maxed on that.

8 hours ago, BeeJay said:

I've literally done every free thing possible apart from the monthly challenges and I'm on 7700 for the month. No idea where you have got the extra 2k from. Even if I had completed all of the current monthly and weekly challenges I'd still only be on about 8200. Probably the streak bonus on the Xbox rewards app as I'm still not maxed on that.

Here’s where I’m at this morning. Have a 250 Dying Light reward to add to this. Do you guys do the ‘play on PC with friends’ reward? Think that gives me 250 daily. 

669F1A2D-7C74-4AB4-A003-FE6A0DD23B1D.jpeg

https://www.capitalmatters.co.uk/posts/microsoft-rewards

This seems to imply there is a 1000/5000 point limit you can earn per month. Surely there is some kind of limit, as there are only so many quizzes and searches etc you can do per day to earn points? Plus, if there’s no limit you could just get Gamepass free every month or be racking up £15-£20 in gift cards! Not talking about buying stuff and getting points that way, just the points you can earn for free doing the tasks. 

You can do both of those things. The only downside is that vouchers you get have a 3 month expiry date (might be shorter) so you can't just hoard them. Better to keep the points on hand if you're saving for something big (Elite controller or console).

48 minutes ago, CrichStand said:

https://www.capitalmatters.co.uk/posts/microsoft-rewards

This seems to imply there is a 1000/5000 point limit you can earn per month. Surely there is some kind of limit, as there are only so many quizzes and searches etc you can do per day to earn points? Plus, if there’s no limit you could just get Gamepass free every month or be racking up £15-£20 in gift cards! Not talking about buying stuff and getting points that way, just the points you can earn for free doing the tasks. 

That is what I do. ~15k a month average of ‘free points’, redeem against 3 month Xbox live card, converts to 50 days of GPU.

It doesn’t matter what that link says, as everyone is saying there is no hard limit (or there isn’t one you could reasonably reach). There is a limit to the amount of points you can get without spending money but it’s well over 5k a month.

56 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

That is what I do. ~15k a month average of ‘free points’, redeem against 3 month Xbox live card, converts to 50 days of GPU.

It doesn’t matter what that link says, as everyone is saying there is no hard limit (or there isn’t one you could reasonably reach). There is a limit to the amount of points you can get without spending money but it’s well over 5k a month.

Apologies if I’m coming across as being a bit awkward. Just a bit sceptical, as being new to all this kind of stuff, it seems like there must be some kind of catch.

I’ve added up how many points I should be able to reach by the end of the month and it adds up to enough for a month of free Gamepass Ultimate........which is crackers. If you can do this month after month then it’s nuts! Your way of doing things sounds even better though.

It seems the absolute max points I can get for “free” per month is 12k. How do you get up to 15k a month? 

That link is obviously wrong. I’m on just over 33k reward points in around 2 months. There is a 5000 points limit on gifting reward points, so maybe that where they’re getting confused. 

Some people ( think it’s do with if you were part of the Xbox Insider trial) also get points for playing a game on PC, which gives 250+ points a day. 

I always thought Rewards were an utter waste of time but am happy to admit I was totally wrong. 

there is no limit I have found on earning. I earnt 20k last month (ish) and this month I am on 9490 I have done all the free stuff I can. 50 reward points for a na chivement every day makes me try new stuff all the time which is great :) That drumming game is quite fun.

the only one I feel I "game" every day is the PC gamepass game and play with friends - I don't play on PC gamepass usually so I load up Human fall flat once a day and join an online game. I feel dirty every time I do it but it is 300 ish points! :D

EDIT - for instance I don't usually play anime games but there was a punchcard for it so I tried Cristales - interesting game mechanics and reminded me of some of the more esoteric Vita stuff. 500 points and my game experience widened a bit.

2 hours ago, CrichStand said:

if there’s no limit you could just get Gamepass free every month or be racking up £15-£20 in gift cards! 

You can, and it's already been pointed out multiple times in this thread.

It's amazing how negative stuff sticks and spreads like wild fire, but stuff like this is always a 'surprise'.

36 minutes ago, CrichStand said:

It seems the absolute max points I can get for “free” per month is 12k. How do you get up to 15k a month? 

Once you are on a streak with some of the things, like weekly quests etc you get bonus points every so often. It's also not a set amount of points that you can get for the dailies on the web as sometimes they thrown in additional ones. Today being a good example as there are a number of additonal ones today and a card that means there are an 300 extra points on offer. As I say it's an average, sometimes it's more if I hit a streak bonus, sometimes it's less.

I did the Human Fall Flat thing for a while but it was a very dull way to grind the points. Was also full of kids on mics which felt weird! Went for daily Halo Infinite MP sessions which was much more fun but then needed the Install space. Now I've switched to Windjammers 2. Basically just install something small with a decent user base and go for it.

4 hours ago, Stopharage said:

Do you guys do the ‘play on PC with friends’ reward? Think that gives me 250 daily. 

I still don't have that. Seems to have been a bit random who has it available. It's also a ridiculous amount of points for what it is! That's an additional 7,500 points a month!

I have been doing it for just over a year and in no way max out the points, or lose my shit if I break a chain or whatever (Although I did get addicted to hitting the 10K in the last challenge they did).  

But in general for about 10 minutes of effort per day I have been able to purchase on release AC Valhalla, Resi Village, COD Vanguard, The Lost City, Fifa 22, Ghost & Goblins Resurrection & Aliens Fireteam. I also upgraded to FH4 & Halo Infinite Premium and rented a couple of movies.  I currently have 83,000 points and will be getting Elden Ring week after next and Lego Star Wars when that is out.

So the upshot is it is no bullshit that you can pay for GP Ultimate every month, or whatever else you want for pretty much minimal effort.