rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
stefcha

Microsoft Rewards

It wasn’t until I earned my 6th achievement in MX vs ATV that it registered.

I think there was a mix-up with the list of March games, I tried several and nothing unlocked until I played De Blob. 

Jul: MS Credit (20% off)
Aug: Xbox Credit (20% off)
Sep: MS Credit (30% off)
Oct: Gamepass (25% off)
Nov: MS Credit (30% off)
Dec: XBL Gold (20% off)
Jan: Skype (25% off)
Feb: MS Credit (20% off)
Mar: Gamepass (25% off)
Apr: XBL Gold (25% off)

edit: further months

May: MS Credit (20% off)

Jun: Xbox Credit (20% off)

25% off Gold this month, and if you go for the 12 months option it's a mere 22500 points. My gold sub expires in September 2020, I should be able to add another year onto that, right? It'll supply a code is all, don't want to be left with one I can't use. 

Probably be back to MS credit again next month, unless they slip Skype back in again to the interest of no-one. 

New month long quest just started, via the desktop rewards site:

Operation: Spymaster
Hello, special agent. Are you ready to save the day? Here's how. Use your gadgets–smartphone, Xbox One, and computer–to accomplish all missions below and complete Operation: Spymaster by 05/22. Play along with Microsoft Rewards on Xbox One and other devices for a free month of Xbox Game Pass, 1,500 bonus points, and 2X Bing search points for one month. Good luck. Please note: Some missions may require an additional click upon activity completion to be marked as Completed.

It's total fluff, but if you don't mind the grind, that's a trivial way to get a free month of Game Pass and 1500 points, not to mention 2x searches. You need to use the actual bing app on your phone for 100 searches, earn 500 points (easy, day's work), do 3 daily sets, launch the xbox one rewards app for 3 days, and earn any xbox one achievement. That just sounds like totally normal use of rewards stuff, for me.

On 15/04/2019 at 09:58, stefcha said:

Apr: XBL Gold (25% off)

25% off Gold this month, and if you go for the 12 months option it's a mere 22500 points. My gold sub expires in September 2020, I should be able to add another year onto that, right? It'll supply a code is all, don't want to be left with one I can't use. 

Gah, my rate of points meant I was probably going to get this, but they're already "out" of 12 month codes. I guess the moral here is to amass a big collection of points and only spend when these big offers come up, rather than nickel and dime it away on cheap DLC.

There are still 1 month and 3 month codes at 25% off, but I don't think that's a good use of points. Will wait to see May's offer now, I think.

26 minutes ago, TehStu said:

New month long quest just started, via the desktop rewards site:

It's total fluff, but if you don't mind the grind, that's a trivial way to get a free month of Game Pass and 1500 points, not to mention 2x searches. You need to use the actual bing app on your phone for 100 searches, earn 500 points (easy, day's work), do 3 daily sets, launch the xbox one rewards app for 3 days, and earn any xbox one achievement. That just sounds like totally normal use of rewards stuff, for me.

Might be US only? Can’t see this on the UK site

18 minutes ago, TehStu said:

Gah, my rate of points meant I was probably going to get this, but they're already "out" of 12 month codes. I guess the moral here is to amass a big collection of points and only spend when these big offers come up, rather than nickel and dime it away on cheap DLC.

There are still 1 month and 3 month codes at 25% off, but I don't think that's a good use of points. Will wait to see May's offer now, I think.

They're still available for us, almost redeemed another 12 month code by accident checking it out. VPN to the UK, change your MS region to UK, buy one of our codes, hope it's region agnostic and hope you don't get rewards account banned. Simple! Or wait for May, I'm expecting MS credit.

I don't bother with the points generation as much I used to, mainly because I've generated so much credit there's little left I'm interested in buying (£351 so far, plus 12 months' Gold!), also the sales have been shite of late. 

10 minutes ago, dreamylittledream said:

Might be US only? Can’t see this on the UK site

Doh, sorry. It just rolled out this morning, so maybe it'll eventually get to the UK.

If May is credit (which I assume can't be spent on Live/Pass), I might hold onto the points until the next Game Pass offer, or just go month by month for 6800 points when the $1 for 3 months is up.

Another month, another headache trying to earn the reward points! Anyone else having issues claiming points once you’ve earned the achievements?!

Yep exactly the same issue - I’ve got all the achievements bar the mine craft one but can’t claim any - it just defaults back to the rewards page. 

• Upvote 1

It’s all working and there’s a bonus 100 points for sticking with them while they fixed the bugs on the rewards dash now. 

• Upvote 1

Microsoft gift cards just went on offer again, time to stock up on credit!

The points cost has crept up again, 5,050 now instead of 5,000. Not that that's a big rise.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Pistol said:

The points cost has crept up again, 5,050 now instead of 5,000. Not that that's a big rise.

For the Xbox gift cards? Mine still says 5,850...

2 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

For the Xbox gift cards? Mine still says 5,850...

It's the Microsoft gift cards rather than the Xbox ones. They're equally valid for Xbox credit.

19 minutes ago, Mogster said:

It's the Microsoft gift cards rather than the Xbox ones. They're equally valid for Xbox credit.

So is it: I can buy Xbox credit with Microsoft credit or can I just spend Microsoft credit on Xbox games?

Just now, ScouserInExile said:

So is it: I can buy Xbox credit with Microsoft credit or can I just spend Microsoft credit on Xbox games?

The latter, it's just money that is deposited into your MS account either way. There is no distinction between the credit bar the name, and it's baffling that there are two listings for what are the same thing. 

It looks like MS have reduced the number of points you can earn each day. I’m still level 2 and can only earn 60 mobile search points (was 120 up until yesterday). Not sure what else has changed... 

I've got 300 desktop, 200 mobile, and 20 Edge at the moment. I think desktop is doubled for a bit as Bing turns 10.

I'm just going to keep points for when Game Pass and Live are on offer, though. Where do they announce this months big deals?

Just a heads up if you haven't noticed that there's a pretty easy 1000 points available for one of the Gamepass quests but it's not on the front page of the app. You just have to get 10 achievements from any 10 chosen games.

The list includes Metro Exodus, Hollow Knight, Arkham Knight, Borderlands, Shenmue 1&2 and Guacamelee 2 so should be something for everyone. You can get all 10 from just one game if you want.

The offer only got added last week and it expires in 8 days. 

• Upvote 8

On 15/05/2019 at 12:57, Pistol said:

And this month it's swapped over to the Xbox Credit (at 5000 points), which is exactly the same thing as other credit but with a different name. Not on our site yet, but the US has apparently got Ultimate as a redeemable and at 12k points for 1 month it's going to take some effort to keep a continual sub going on the free.

7 hours ago, stefcha said:

And this month it's swapped over to the Xbox Credit (at 5000 points), which is exactly the same thing as other credit but with a different name. Not on our site yet, but the US has apparently got Ultimate as a redeemable and at 12k points for 1 month it's going to take some effort to keep a continual sub going on the free.

Seems an odd conversion rate as 17k points for 3 months game pass would get you 2 months Ultimate which would make 1 months Ultimate 8.5k

1x3 months of game pass is 24000 points in the US though, although if you go for 3x1 months its 20400 points (6800 points each). The exchange rates have never made any sense at all really.

edit: It's updating as I type, 1 month of game pass has just changed to 8500 points. Fair increase all round, hope they don't do the same for us in the UK, it's harder for us to earn points as it is.

I'm wondering if I should pick up 12 months Gold from Rewards while it's still 29k points for us, that'll convert to 8 months Ultimate right? They've removed the 12 month Gold option entirely in from the US Rewards site now.

I've got Ultimate til the end of 2021 so if I hang on to the Gold code and apply it at the end of August that'd max me out again. Assuming the code doesn't expire.

Yeah, I just noticed the new values. Not sure if everyone gets these or if it detects you're an ultimate subscriber. Anyway, assuming you're gold/ultimate, it's (US):

1 month/3 months

Xbox Live: 8,500/20,000

Game Pass: 8,500/24,000

Game Pass Ultimate: 12,000/35,000

Without the usual deals, $5 of Xbox/MS credit goes for 5,000 points (currently 4,000), and Ultimate is $14.99 paying with money, so the rewards way of paying it is about $12 a month or $35 per 3 months. So that's actually a decent saving, and I'm guessing they'll have deals on this at some point, too.

The only issue is that I don't think I typically get 35,000 every 3 months, but with 3 years of maxed Ultimate, there's plenty of time to save up rewards. I think it'll be a long time before having to worry about actually paying for this again.