IGNORED

Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

25 minutes ago, Simmy said:

Folks, for searches type a film then cast then click each cast member until you reach the end of the row (before clicking the scroll right arrow). Then click on a film associated with that cast member and repeat 2 more times and voila. Done.

My go to is Back To The Future cast which then moves to Top Gun cast which then moves swiftly to Sleepless in Seattle. Done.

On mobile it's Terminator 2 all the way as there's no glitching / frustration with the scroll right arrow.

Ooh, this is a good tip. The way the carousel glitches to the start is really annoying. I thought they'd fixed it the other day as it was all working real smooth and quick, then I realised I was on Google.

4 minutes ago, dizogg said:

I can’t really use bing at work because I need to be logged into Microsoft with my work account as we have a lot of stuff I need access to through that.

True enough. I got lucky in that I'm able to install Firefox dev edition, so I'm on my personal MS stuff with that.

49 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

I've come around to this logic a little bit more, but still not entirely copnvinced it is that efficient. I have only just recently realised all of the different avenues for earing reward points (as very usefully posted by @Ferine), which has changed my perspective. I have now started cherry picking the quick rewards and also maining streaks. With that philosophy, I am now convinced that it is worth doing but still not 14000 an hour. I think you are massively under accounting your time spent, but I am averaging about 400 - 600 a day right now for about 5 minutes per day plus my normal gaming time.

But you have to be efficient, especially the searches ( I like 'cheese' on mobile, then click all the list items one by one, takes about 30 seconds to get the full points. PC i just type a random bunch of characters, and then 'return', 'delete character', repeat. Takes a little longe than mobile. Many of the bonus activities don't actually require you to complete them, you can literally click and then immediately go back. Sometimes I even find something interesting mixed in amoungst it all.

I use an algorithm that does all my searches and daily quizzes for me. One click. Done. Do it in the morning as I log on for work. 

The rest come from just playing games on game pass. Then you get the bonuses for doing trivial shit all the time. 

I have earned currently I have 34000 points from November to now. Will probably end with 45000 - 50000 by the end of January. 

That's all fine by me. 

I type a load of gibberish into bing (say, 60 characters) then search.  Then I delete the last letter from the previous search and display the new results. Repeat that and you get into the pattern of the button presses. 50 bing searches takes 2 minutes. 

Also there are loads of guides online for easy achievements. Getting three achievements in a week used to be a barrier, but Lucasarts remastered adventures throw them out easily enough.  

Also most games are on the cloud now so you don't need to download them.  I got points for simply starting up MK11.

But I have played Super Lucky's Tale and got 300 coins three times now and it doesn't trigger the reward. Annoying.

5 hours ago, dumpster said:

Also there are loads of guides online for easy achievements. Getting three achievements in a week used to be a barrier, but Lucasarts remastered adventures throw them out easily enough.  

Yup. This will sound weird to folks dubious about this whole process, but the 3 achievement thing is an excuse for me to blow the cobwebs off DoTT. In fact, I just finished that*, so have just started Full Throttle. But Stu, you can play these games any time! Yeah but I don't. Easy to slip into whatever brainless game/genre feels comfortable when you're doing your exhausted dad gaming late at night.

*weirdly, with a load of hidden achievements left over

On 05/01/2022 at 13:41, ScouserInExile said:

Yeah, I've had it a few times recently. Can't find a workaround. 

Pains me to say it but it works in Edge. Also the updated Microsoft Rewards bot now installs and works in Edge...

6 hours ago, dumpster said:

Also there are loads of guides online for easy achievements.

Yep, I use https://www.youtube.com/c/Maka91Productions and TrueAchievements.com for easy daily achievements and https://www.youtube.com/c/RewardsHunter for the weekly and monthly quests. 

I've actually ended up playing and enjoying a few games that I only went anywhere near because of rewards points... 

I was on the verge of losing a 12 week streak as I needed three achievements. Quickly...  I googled Doom 64 and one of the sites has a guide.  Start game.  Enter password from site.  Immediate achievement for the level you're on, immediate achievement for having a gun.  Walk forward to pick up big gun.  Achievement.  Kill boss.  Achievement.  

It's just so easy and saves you paying for Gamepass.

4 hours ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

The Aliens Firestorm game is just as quick; start the game, pause menu, change the colour of the gun and put a decal on and achievement unlocked.

Wish I'd known this, I thought actually playing the game (until I got any achievement) would be worth while. 

It wasn't. 

On the Xbox app, there is a task that requires "play online on a pc game", for 100 points. I had real trouble finding a game that would trigger it but eventually found that human fall flat works quickly and consistently. Just drop in to a game and leave it (if you want to min, max it).

However, with the bonuses from game pass, friends and social, nets a total 250 points for what can take less than a minute. I assumed it would be one off or weekly but it reset for me this morning so if it is daily, that is an incredible, especially as it combos with to others for another 45 points a day.

Yep. It's every day, but the combo resets every 5 (or 7) days. I've been enjoying daily Halo multiplayer which works pretty reliably. Back 4 Blood before it was really hit and miss though. Will bear Human Fall Flat in mind for when I don't have time for Halo.

On 08/01/2022 at 07:36, Indy @ S.E. said:

The Aliens Firestorm game is just as quick; start the game, pause menu, change the colour of the gun and put a decal on and achievement unlocked.

Thanks, Surgeon Sim 2 was doing my head in

On 09/01/2022 at 09:50, earlymodernsteve said:

Yep. It's every day, but the combo resets every 5 (or 7) days. I've been enjoying daily Halo multiplayer which works pretty reliably. Back 4 Blood before it was really hit and miss though. Will bear Human Fall Flat in mind for when I don't have time for Halo.

Might be a bug but I got 250 for it again today.

23 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

Might be a bug but I got 250 for it again today.

Its 250 points daily for the multiplayer (providing you have the 3 multiplies that give the extra 50 points each, Gamepass, 7+ friends on live and a linked social media account).

The streak bonus that resets every 5 days is the login to the Xbox app one.

On 09/01/2022 at 09:42, BeeJay said:

On the Xbox app, there is a task that requires "play online on a pc game", for 100 points. I had real trouble finding a game that would trigger it but eventually found that human fall flat works quickly and consistently. Just drop in to a game and leave it (if you want to min, max it).

However, with the bonuses from game pass, friends and social, nets a total 250 points for what can take less than a minute. I assumed it would be one off or weekly but it reset for me this morning so if it is daily, that is an incredible, especially as it combos with to others for another 45 points a day.

Is this a PC browser thing?

I don't have anything regarding playing PC games on either the android Xbox app or on the gamepass app. 

43 minutes ago, Ry said:

Is this a PC browser thing?

I don't have anything regarding playing PC games on either the android Xbox app or on the gamepass app. 

It’s linked to PC Gamepass.

Invite only trial currently but I don’t think you are likely to be invited if you don’t currently play games on the PC side of Gamepass.

1 hour ago, dreamylittledream said:

It’s linked to PC Gamepass.

Invite only trial currently but I don’t think you are likely to be invited if you don’t currently play games on the PC side of Gamepass.

I have access to them and have never played Gamepass on PC. 

'Unpacking' gets you the January quest easily enough.  Just click to unpack a box and wait until you find the camera. It was in the box on the right for me.  Literally 2 minutes , played via cloud, how it's a top ten game is anyone's guess. 

I would imagine it's somewhat tricky to guess how any game might be a top ten contender after two minutes of play, yes.

(alas, no easy achievement there for me, as I already 100%ed the game. I started making my way through Sable instead; not the most generous with achievements at the outset, but free with them once you pass the 30 minute mark. Also, as it turns out, brilliant, but for the serious performance issues on Series X)

The Top Ten challenge allowed me to cross a couple of games off my "to play" list as it turns out I hate them. Superliminal had me swearing in frustration within about half a dozen rooms as I I knew exactly how to solve the puzzle but couldn't quite manage to actually execute the moves needed - an entire game of that would have driven me insane. And Surgeon Simulator is getting filed along with Human Fall Flat as "probably sounded funny, actually turned out shit".

52 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Surgeon Simulator is getting filed along with Human Fall Flat as "probably sounded funny, actually turned out shit".

They’re both basically just QWOP. I think you either ‘get it’ or you don’t. I’m no fan either.

I did love Superliminal though, and saw it through to the end. 

In other news I almost dropped a 49-week streak in the Rewards app on Xbox. Realised at about 11pm last night that I hadn’t finished the weekly set (needed to earn three achievements). Trueachievements and Killer Instinct to the rescue. Phew.