IGNORED

Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

1 hour ago, Simmy said:

Is there a chance I'll get my account banned by using this?

Apparently some people get locked out of doing rewards. 

For me, I just put in "[any movie] cast" and click though all the names. I think people do similar on the image search as each image opened counts. 

1 hour ago, Simmy said:

Is there a chance I'll get my account banned by using this?

Yes.  Seen enough cases of people moaning afterwards about it on the Rewards reddit. It takes like 1 minute to do your daily searches anyway. Not worth the risk imo.

Well its one of their main things they ban people for -

·Maintaining more than six (6) user accounts per household;

·Opening more than one (1) user account per individual;

·Residing outside of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, Spain, Taiwan and the United Kingdom;

·Providing inaccurate account information, including your true first and last name, your complete and accurate mailing address, a working phone number and your email address;

·Using a service intended to confuse your true IP address or your location;

·Using a bot, cheat code, macro or other automated method to participate in Microsoft Rewards;

If your caught using one. There is no appealing it either. All your points are gone forever.

Not listed there but if you do your daily searches as a string of gibberish like "ijjhhhgfcddsssdderf". Then delete a letter at a time, then hit return, you can get banned for that too. Microsoft say it messes with their search algorithms. 

Worth knowing these things for anyone doing them here. The odds probably favour you not getting banned if your using the automated bot route but they do ban plenty of people for using it. Considering some people have a years worth of points stacked up that would be brutal to lose.

9 hours ago, AK Bell said:

Apparently some people get locked out of doing rewards. 

For me, I just put in "[any movie] cast" and click though all the names. I think people do similar on the image search as each image opened counts. 

yes this is my method too, for both desktop and browser searches.

Works very well as you just click on the thumbnails, perfect activity during morning ablutions.

1 hour ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

yes this is my method too, for both desktop and browser searches.

Works very well as you just click on the thumbnails, perfect activity during morning ablutions.

I do this, but always have a failure of imagination when trying to think of a film. Any film! I got stuck on Terminator 2 for while (because I think someone on here said the same thing) but got bored of the same faces. I like it when I think up relatively obscure 80s and 90s fare and go through thinking "oh I didn't know they were in that..."

I just wrote a batch file that looks up a random word from a dictionary at random times in the morning, I then installed a firefox browser and set it to be a mobile user agent... 

see how long it takes me to get banned.. been working fine for weeks so far. Windows task scheduler has a "random delay" function... It was a fun IT exercise for about 10 minutes

11 hours ago, Strangelite said:

I just wrote a batch file that looks up a random word from a dictionary at random times in the morning, I then installed a firefox browser and set it to be a mobile user agent... 

see how long it takes me to get banned.. been working fine for weeks so far. Windows task scheduler has a "random delay" function... It was a fun IT exercise for about 10 minutes

That's pretty much what that ABS plug in does.   Random words to search on. Random pause times between searches and you can set it to fire up at a certain time of day too.

7 hours ago, TehStu said:

As it's not obvious from the way it's worded, the GP weekly quest to get 5,000 style points in Cluster Truck requires you to get 5,000 in one race. It was simple enough on the 3rd or 4th race, just from the length of it. 

I don’t think that’s it. I suspect it’s mislabelled and says style points when it actually means the points you get for finishing the level. I was watching the progress bar tick upwards in the iPhone app as I played - the tip-off was when I finished one level with 12,500 style points but the bar was only showing something like 1,024/5,000 or thereabouts. Anyway I played a few more levels and it popped.

3 hours ago, Sane said:

So I'm logged in to Bing, I can see my point total in top right but searching for things does not make the points go up. Clicking on something in the rewards dashboard does work. I have no idea what I'm going wrong...

Try clearing the browser cache and restarting it.