Jump to content

Microsoft Rewards


stefcha
 Share

Recommended Posts

Goddamn, first time I've got a monthly 1000point challenge done in ages.  Need 60 tasks,  done 59. 

 

I need to play gamepass or log into the mobile app to get one more task complete.  

 

The Xbox app won't register playing gamepass,  getting an achievement or logging into the mobile app. Am cry. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, peeveen said:

Isn't this the last day of the Rewards "month"? They usually don't have any daily rewards on the last day.

Yes you're spot on / I was just about to say the same. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, peeveen said:

Isn't this the last day of the Rewards "month"? They usually don't have any daily rewards on the last day.

I thought you could get a reward for the gamepass app/ playing gamepass every day? Is that incorrect? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is precisely one day a month with no Gamepass daily rewards in, I'm afraid, and it's the last day of any given Gamepass month. It sucks, and it's caught me out before like that :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm in exactly the same boat. 1 point away from the 1k. Usually I'm done with four or five days to spare.

 

I think the July month did start pretty late so it must have been tight. I feel like I only missed one day this month. Pretty annoying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, James Lyon said:

I'm in exactly the same boat. 1 point away from the 1k. Usually I'm done with four or five days to spare.

 

I think the July month did start pretty late so it must have been tight. I feel like I only missed one day this month. Pretty annoying.

It seems to alternate between long and short months. Perhaps 4 weeks and 5 weeks?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, AK Bell said:

Was it a weirdly spaced out month? I only just made it yesterday, but can't remember missing a daily task. 

Yeah, I only just managed it (on Saturday) this month, where I'm normally done in plenty of time. I very nearly missed it, because I was on holiday for a couple of days last week, until I realised that you can get the one for playing a game pass game through the mobile app (go to cloud then select any game).

 

Still rinsing Killer Instinct for my daily Achieve More 50 points. I've nearly run out of the really easy ones now...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's the first month I've missed the 1000-pointer for ages, I was a couple of daily quests off by the time it cut off. I did miss a couple of days earlier in the month but there's usually plenty of time to catch up, as others have said it must have been a short month.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

Yeah, I only just managed it (on Saturday) this month, where I'm normally done in plenty of time. I very nearly missed it, because I was on holiday for a couple of days last week, until I realised that you can get the one for playing a game pass game through the mobile app (go to cloud then select any game).

 

Still rinsing Killer Instinct for my daily Achieve More 50 points. I've nearly run out of the really easy ones now...

I’ll have to try that as I enjoy the game anyway, I’ve missed out on loads of 50’s in the last month as I told myself I wouldn’t chase and just play the games I wanted, it’s hard not to get pulled in though! 
 

Flight Sim is well stingy with achievements. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Elder Scrolls Online is the stingiest game I've found, I've put what feels like hundreds of hours into it and I've got about 90 achievement points - out of a possible 5000!

 

As well as Killer Instinct, Rare Replay is a reliable source for those daily 50-pointers. There are lots of achievements for just trying out the games and then a lot of the snapshots (challenges) on the earlier games in the collection are very easy to get. Lots of fun to be had there, too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Stanley said:

I’ll have to try that as I enjoy the game anyway, I’ve missed out on loads of 50’s in the last month as I told myself I wouldn’t chase and just play the games I wanted, it’s hard not to get pulled in though! 
 

 

If you've not done them already, the easiest ones in Killer Instinct to get are:

Sparring ... (play a vs game with each character)

Stylish ... (get each character to level 3, which takes 2-3 fights)

Survival ... (win a survival match with each character)

 

That's nearly three month's worth there.

 

Next easiest is

... Endurance (win 10 survival matches with each character. Takes maybe 20 minutes on the easiest setting)

Each character has an Instinct Mode achievement. These take a couple of minutes each, True Achievements has guides

The three Dojo lesson Achievements - some can be tricky, but you can build to them as you go.

30, 80 and 150 fight challenges with each character. 30 will be fairly straight forward, if you look them up be fore doing the 10 endurance achievements, you can get close to the 50 doing that, then do some Vs to pick up the last ones. You'll get the General Challenges along the way

 

If you have an autofire pad, you can get the Chosen One achievement for each character fairly easily as well (you set it up and walk away for a couple of hours)

 

It may seem like a chore to do all this, but I really enjoy the game anyway and like grabbing all these.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been playing Aaero (after getting it for 3 quid in a recent sale) for the dailies 50 points. Helps its a brilliant game but finishing a track gets you an achievement. Theres tons of tracks and 1700 gamerscore. Each track is about 5 mins long. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Those that missed out on last months Quest Completionist 1000 points will be glad to hear that this month we've been given a bit more time with you having up the 6th of September so you're unlikely to get caught short this time around. 

 

I also took a look over my little list on which I scribble down my daily points tally (yes, really :facepalm:!) and despite me being borderline obsessive (though I like to think of it more as nice little routine that gets me free games / cheap hardware!) with getting my dailies I didn't get the 1000 till the 30th (in May it was the 26th and in June it was on the 25th) so yeah, a short / possibly late starting month it was!

 

Spoiler

 

IMG_3795.thumb.jpg.987ef6aaa02b19c75fd684ab2bedfb8c.jpg

 

551802033_Screenshot2021-08-04103620.jpg.2068a911d2fef15e4bafdf4e561bed63.jpg

 

Finally some might remember that a few months ago I stumbled across a handy thing whereby for the Game Pass on the Go quest (download 5 game pass games on the App) whereby you could request to download a game that you'd already downloaded and it counted towards the quest and meaning you don't fill you HDD with stuff that you didn't really want. Well I found another nice little (ok, so it's tiny but I like it!) thing the other day that makes getting to the quests page a bit quicker and easier than usual. Normally when I select Home: Game Activity: All achievements, it loads up a page with a list of my recently played games and their achievement activity. I then have to go down a couple of times, across to the left menu (with Game Pass quests at the bottom) and then down to Game Pass quests and to me it's just a little....clunky. Well if as soon as you select All achievements you start to quickly tap the D Pad downwards it takes you straight to the quests page. Don't get me wrong it's a zillion miles off being a Konami code but I like it :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I missed the 1k too, mainly as was away for 4 days and I’m glad i binned my 200+ day streak a while back as i would defi have been sat in a tent trying to get my dailies done if the streak was still active!

 

Ive started looking at other things to redeem the points on, didnt realise there was Curry’s and John Lewis - moving house in a few months so could well go that way!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just done today's set and the daily poll was 'Who will get the most medals at the Olympics Great Britain or China?'

 

GB the first option leading the poll on 56%!!!!!  Which proves either very few people give any thought to the options and just click the first one, or Brexit fever has addled the minds of MS gamers in the UK!!!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm just plodding slowly through Day of the Tentacle for achievements, and luckily that helped both with the weekly set and the 2k points thing for August at the same time. It's such a beautiful game, and while I haven't checked directly it basically seems to use achievements as a sort of drip feed of 5 points to acknowledge your progress. Which makes sense, there's no real options or side stuff to do (unless there's a hidden achievement for beating Manic Mansion). 

 

Going to do the exact same thing with Full Throttle, once DotT is done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My Xbox One X is off being fixed (retimer chip has died) so I'm just doing the browser stuff at the moment. Annoying that PC Gamepass stuff isn't integrated into this yet - not sure why not as they are pushing for the two to be taken together through Ultimate. Oh well, saves me downloading huge games for 5 minutes of play then uninstalling them I guess 😜

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, earlymodernsteve said:

My Xbox One X is off being fixed (retimer chip has died) so I'm just doing the browser stuff at the moment. Annoying that PC Gamepass stuff isn't integrated into this yet - not sure why not as they are pushing for the two to be taken together through Ultimate. Oh well, saves me downloading huge games for 5 minutes of play then uninstalling them I guess 😜

Just stream them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

D'oh! That's a good point. I stupidly thought the streaming was only through connecting to my own console via the Console Companion app but it's not is it? In my defense I've been out of the Xbox scene since the 360 days until about a month and a half ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Waggo said:

Just done today's set and the daily poll was 'Who will get the most medals at the Olympics Great Britain or China?'

 

GB the first option leading the poll on 56%!!!!!  Which proves either very few people give any thought to the options and just click the first one, or Brexit fever has addled the minds of MS gamers in the UK!!!!!!

I used to just click the first option, same with the quizzes click everything until it's green.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, earlymodernsteve said:

D'oh! That's a good point. I stupidly thought the streaming was only through connecting to my own console via the Console Companion app but it's not is it? In my defense I've been out of the Xbox scene since the 360 days until about a month and a half ago.

 

Nope! The app stuff is just the Game Pass app on Android right now, lots of others in the works. For iOS that isn't possible, due to iTunes rules, so they created a web version:

 

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/play

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.