Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

19 hours ago, Stanley said:

Does anyone know of an easy achievement in Grounded? 

I subscribe to this guy's channel. He puts up videos on how to get all the weekly and monthly quests. And he's been doing a couple of games (Full Throttle and DOTT) in chunks do you can get your weekly three rewards. Very useful. 

Has logging into the mobile app dropped to 5 points again for everyone? 

Problem with this weeks weeklies is that neither of them are on Cloud, I’ve recently completed and deleted Quantum Break, and it seems a bit daft to download that again (quite a large file) and Battlefield V just for 100 points in total - then again I’ve never played BFV so I might give it a try to see if I like it. 

It’s just getting enough weeklies done to meet that big 1K reward that I care about. 

Yes mobile app just gets 5 now, see the downloading games from the app one is back too.

7 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Problem with this weeks weeklies is that neither of them are on Cloud, I’ve recently completed and deleted Quantum Break, and it seems a bit daft to download that again (quite a large file) and Battlefield V just for 100 points in total - then again I’ve never played BFV so I might give it a try to see if I like it. 

It’s just getting enough weeklies done to meet that big 1K reward that I care about. 

Yes mobile app just gets 5 now, see the downloading games from the app one is back too.

To be fair to both, I managed to get both rewards without the full download. Battlefield V is just loading the game when it says 'Ready to Start'. Quantum Break let me choose Chapter 1 Part 2 from my completed save when it was in 'Ready to Start' as well. I switched the game to easy, walked along for a couple of minutes and headshotted the first 3 guys I came across. Easy. 

I avoided the Quantum Break one in case I had to watch a 45 minute episode of a sub-standard TV show before I could play the game. 

Are there multiple versions of GTA V? No matter how many cars I steal in the version I have installed, none register on the quest, and clicking on the quest prompts me to.. install GTA V. 

1 minute ago, AlexM said:

Are there multiple versions of GTA V? No matter how many cars I steal in the version I have installed, none register on the quest, and clicking on the quest prompts me to.. install GTA V. 

I think there's only one version, but the quest needs to be done in single-player mode, I don't think it works in GTA Online.

If you're starting from scratch it's a bit of a nuisance because the intro section goes on for what seems like forever.

26 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

You can skip the cutscenes. 

From the bit I played yesterday - just enough to get the quest and an achievement - it seems like one big interactive cut scene. I might be wrong, but that (and the fact that it gave me a bit of motion sickness) was enough to put me off wanting to play it.

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

see the downloading games from the app one is back too.

Don't forget, for that one you can jsut pick 5 games you *already* have installed in the GP app and select install - they still count and you use no extra disk space and download nothing new (although, oddly enough, you need to have whatever space the game technically needs free still (i.e. if the game install is 50GB you need 50GB of free disk space even though it's already installed).

43 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

I think there's only one version, but the quest needs to be done in single-player mode, I don't think it works in GTA Online.

If you're starting from scratch it's a bit of a nuisance because the intro section goes on for what seems like forever.

There must be two, as I clicked 'Install' and it's downloading and installing a second one 🤐 - I can see two in my library too! 

I must have stolen 20 cars in single-player, both from people driving around and parked cars (just to make sure), still 0 showing in the quest. 

1 hour ago, mdn2 said:

You can skip the cutscenes. 

It still takes a good 15 mins or so before you can get the achievement. I always meant to try this game but never again. The absolute worst style aspiring to be cinema bloat. 

I started Quantum Break for the reward, but the story sucked me in and I’m intrigued. I enjoyed the first ‘episode’ as well, as did my son - sticking with it!

I loaded up the other GTA V and the quest popped up as completed straight away. It also loaded a save from April 2019, completely separate from the digital version I already had installed! 🤨

How have I forgotten about QB, always meant to try that.

Playing Day of the Tentacle as someone mentioned it drip feeds achievements. Oh my word, this is still so funny. I wrote a solution back in the day to PC Format, or one of those mags. Mine didn't get printed, someone else wrote a better one I guess. But I've completely forgotten how to do it :)

8 hours ago, TehStu said:

How have I forgotten about QB, always meant to try that.

Playing Day of the Tentacle as someone mentioned it drip feeds achievements. Oh my word, this is still so funny. I wrote a solution back in the day to PC Format, or one of those mags. Mine didn't get printed, someone else wrote a better one I guess. But I've completely forgotten how to do it :)

I played through both DOTT and Full Throttle during the 10k points thing. I ran through them "back in the day" so didn't mind using guides to make sure I got the points. They're so well written, you could virtually just watch a play through and still enjoy them. 

• 2 weeks later...

My daily breakdown shows: 

461 / 5,976

Points earned

I can’t see how or anywhere to get more points. Assuming there’s no cap as being mentioned, is the rod current offers on (things like rent a film etc)?

Remind me: does buying stuff in the sale by using credit gained from reward points count towards getting the 4,000 points reward for spending £30 in the sale? I’m pretty sure it does. 

Should do I would have thought - but I'm having an issue with that sale reward card myself - I've spent over £30 and it's still saying I've spent £0 on the punch card...

The 500 points quest this month is pretty easy. If you have never played fable anniversary its only about 6gb or on cloud. Play the opening section and skip all scenes and it will take about 10 mins

1 hour ago, Pob said:

Remind me: does buying stuff in the sale by using credit gained from reward points count towards getting the 4,000 points reward for spending £30 in the sale? I’m pretty sure it does. 

I pretty sure it does. I don't think MS actively track how you got credit to exlude credit 'bought' with reward points.

Just hit the $100 gift card total (~91k). Considering I blew all my points on the XSX last October, and then whatever I had handy during black Friday deals to get another pad, that's not bad for ~8 months. Again, as long as you're playing games anyway, it's trivial effort.

Although, like a plum, I only realized the other night that the 2500 streak bonus in the rewards app only applies every 10 weeks, for some reason I had it in my head it was every week once you got to streak rewards being 2500. 

Anyway, upwards and onward to the SSD expansion or whatever.