Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

6 hours ago, rafaqat said:

SO roughl;y how many points can you earn a day if you do the searches (mobile and desktop) and the tasks on the rewards wesbite?  Not counting the console rewards app.

I have about 50 quids worth of points on my account. 50 quids worth on my eldests son's.   20 on wifes and 30 on younger sons.  Ciould combine the top two and buy another Xbox Series S and combine the smaller 2 for maybe the expansion drive maybe.  Just wondering how long it would take to get another 50,000 points I think.

I've only been kinda trying and I've got £100 worth of points in just over a year. 

I've not actually converted points to credit recently but, last time I did, they emailed a code for credit. So you could just use that code with any account. 

1 hour ago, ScouserInExile said:

I've not actually converted points to credit recently but, last time I did, they emailed a code for credit. So you could just use that code with any account. 

I think they changed that and it auto loads the credit onto your account now, no longer a redeemable code.

15 hours ago, Mortis said:

Brilliant - that worked perfectly in Edge - thanks. Can't see how to get it to work in Firefox but that's probably just me missing an option somewhere.

On 25/06/2021 at 18:15, Mortis said:

Any chance of a step by step for this? I haven't got a clue where to start

Download the source files from the GitHub link above - it’ll be in a zip format

extract the contents to a folder remember where it is you’ll need it. 
open the extensions tab on chrome (jigsaw piece icon) click manage extensions and toggle the developer mode switch on (top right)

click load unpacked (top left) and browse to src folder in the location you unzipped to earlier.
click select folder - the extension should be there. 

On 27/06/2021 at 06:29, ScouserInExile said:

Thanks @Mortis - I'm running this now. But it doesn't seem to stay in my Extensions list? I have to reload it every time.

It’s usually just not staying pinned on mine - have to click on extensions and pin or manage to find it. Still less annoying than doing a pile of bing searches :)

For those not wanting to use a bot - make a bat file with the following :

start microsoft-edge:https://www.bing.com/search?q=a%DATE%
timeout 1
start microsoft-edge:https://www.bing.com/search?q=b%DATE%
timeout 1
start microsoft-edge:https://www.bing.com/search?q=c%DATE%
timeout 1

etc etc 

repeat as often as you need to fill the searches. You'll get the daily search and the edge bonus. If anyone can work out how to spoof the mobile bit on edge from cmd line please update here :)

I'm sure I've asked this before, but I can't find it - what's the easiest way to see which achievements I've got on a game? The only way I can see to do it is to load the game up, hit the Xbox button and scroll across to the Achievements bit. I thought there was a section in my MS account, but I can't find it and clearly my Google skills are weak.

I'm finding Killer Instinct is an absolute goldmine for getting your daily 50pts, and for the weeks where you need three Achievements. Beyond the 87 really easy character ones (win a vs match as each character, play a survival match with each character, get each character to level 3 - which takes about 3 fights - for all 29 characters), there's a lot of easy challenges that can be done in 5-10 minutes, tops. I accidentally triggered three yesterday while messing about to see which one would be easiest to get next. Plus, it's a lot of fun to play.

32 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

I'm sure I've asked this before, but I can't find it - what's the easiest way to see which achievements I've got on a game? The only way I can see to do it is to load the game up, hit the Xbox button and scroll across to the Achievements bit. I thought there was a section in my MS account, but I can't find it and clearly my Google skills are weak.

You don't need to start the game - on the Xbox button menu scroll across to achievements and select "All achievements," which takes you to a list of all the games you've ever played and the achievements you've got in all of them. IIRC you can sort or filter this list, and select any title to go into a list of all its achievements.

There's a way to get to this same All Achievements list via your profile but I never go that way so I can't remember what it is.

Sort of on-topic, when did the progress bar for Achievements stop working?  For example on something like Elite Dangerous, I'm 83% towards Triple Elite.  But on Wreckfest, there is a "Wreck 50 Opponents using the School Bus" that is resolutely stuck on 0 despite me knowing that I've done somewhere between 5-10.

13 minutes ago, Plissken said:

Sort of on-topic, when did the progress bar for Achievements stop working?  For example on something like Elite Dangerous, I'm 83% towards Triple Elite.  But on Wreckfest, there is a "Wreck 50 Opponents using the School Bus" that is resolutely stuck on 0 despite me knowing that I've done somewhere between 5-10.

It's been like that for a while for me, for some games at least.

5 hours ago, Plissken said:

I believe such progression tracking has to be implemented by the developer, so whilst the Achievement might say 0% it'll jump to 100% as soon as you wreck your 50th opponent. Perhaps your progress is tracked in-game somewhere, like in a stats menu?

Speaking of Achievements, there's a State of Decay 2 punch card in the Rewards app that states you need to obtain one of the new Achievements to get 500 points but that doesn't seem to be the case: I unlocked one from the original list and it's been checked off. That game has quite a few Achievements that can be unlocked early on, so if you haven't tried it before maybe give it a shot; they seem to have added a lot since I last played it.

3 hours ago, Ferine said:

I believe such progression tracking has to be implemented by the developer

If that's true*, I'm surprised it's not a certification requirement given it's a console-wide feature. 

* Well, it is true, nobody else is going to do it.

3 hours ago, Ferine said:

Speaking of Achievements, there's a State of Decay 2 punch card in the Rewards app that states you need to obtain one of the new Achievements to get 500 points but that doesn't seem to be the case: I unlocked one from the original list and it's been checked off. That game has quite a few Achievements that can be unlocked early on, so if you haven't tried it before maybe give it a shot; they seem to have added a lot since I last played it.

I was looking at this last night as I did the State of Decay weekly achievement, and you need to rent one of the listed horror movies as well from the MS store in order to complete the punch card, so I sacked it off.

3 hours ago, Waggo said:

I was looking at this last night as I did the State of Decay weekly achievement, and you need to rent one of the listed horror movies as well from the MS store in order to complete the punch card, so I sacked it off.

To totally complete it, yes, but you're supposed to get 500 points for the Achievement step, 500 for the rental step and then be able to claim an additional 500 if you do both.

4 hours ago, Fry Crayola said:

If that's true*, I'm surprised it's not a certification requirement given it's a console-wide feature. 

* Well, it is true, nobody else is going to do it.

Microsoft thought they were being clever with this "achievement progression" thing ... the idea was that devs could just make certain events in their games add 1% (or whatever) to the progress of an achievement, and the Xbox ecosystem can take care of tracking the total percentage, and unlocking the achievement when you reach 100%.

But then gamers realised that, if a part of a game adds progress, they could just restart from checkpoint and repeatedly do that bit over and over.

So if a developer wants to prevent that, but also implement the achievement progression, they now have more work to do than ever before.

Also, I don't think PS trophies have anything similar, so the smaller cross-platform games are less likely to bother with it.

Achievement progression hasn't worked properly for me for most games for years now you mention it. Was a great feature when it first launched but it seems to have little connection to reality a lot of the time. 

On 29/06/2021 at 09:12, ScouserInExile said:

I'm finding Killer Instinct is an absolute goldmine for getting your daily 50pts, and for the weeks where you need three Achievements. Beyond the 87 really easy character ones (win a vs match as each character, play a survival match with each character, get each character to level 3 - which takes about 3 fights - for all 29 characters), there's a lot of easy challenges that can be done in 5-10 minutes, tops. I accidentally triggered three yesterday while messing about to see which one would be easiest to get next. Plus, it's a lot of fun to play.

If you have an autofire / turbo pad of some description (I have a Hori pad with one of those 360 -> Bone converters) you can do this for all 29 characters as well:

https://www.trueachievements.com/a181737/jago-chosen-one-achievement

There are literally hundreds of Achievements that can be had from KI with very little effort.

Sparring ... (x29)

Friendly ... (x29)

Stylish ... (x29)

Survival ... (x29)

... Novice (x29)

... Endurance (x29)

and all the belt and story ones are really easy to get...

Are there any others that are this easy? 

I’m sure I earned more than 5K points last month, but the image at the top of this page suggests you do indeed earn up to a max of 5K per month. The searches alone get you close to that so is that right?

1 minute ago, MattKB said:

I’m sure I earned more than 5K points last month, but the image at the top of this page suggests you do indeed earn up to a max of 5K per month. The searches alone get you close to that so is that right?

You can definitely earn more than 5000 points in a month, I've earned over three times that in the past when they've had the "convert achievements into rewards points" promotions running. I regularly top 10K.