9 minutes ago, Ry said:

It's easier than you think. Some games take 10 mins for 1000g. 

List these fabled games that take 10 minutes please. I’ve already played Fractured Minds BTW.

7 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

List these fabled games that take 10 minutes please. I’ve already played Fractured Minds BTW.

Here's a list of everything I used (yeah some are a bit longer than I first thought :)

Planet Coaster - 330 in 1 min

Rec room - 700 in 10 mins

One Leaves - 1000 in 10-20 mins

Subnautica - 1000 in 30 mins

Astrolgazer (pc) - 1000 in 40 mins

Don't Starve (pc) - 1000 in 15-20 mins

Full Throttle - 1000 in an hour

Fractured Minds - 1000 in 20 mins

Surviving Mars - 2000 in 20 mins (pc and xbox version)

There's a few others I forgot. 

So far I've played through

Day of the Tentacle

Grim Fandango

Little Acre

Full Throttle (didn't like this one, but an easy completion)

SuperHot Mind Control Delete chucked a fair few cheevos at me. 

So much for giving this a wide berth, but at least they're all games I've wanted to play. 

36 minutes ago, Ry said:

Here's a list of everything I used (yeah some are a bit longer than I first thought :)

Planet Coaster - 330 in 1 min

Rec room - 700 in 10 mins

One Leaves - 1000 in 10-20 mins

Subnautica - 1000 in 30 mins

Astrolgazer (pc) - 1000 in 40 mins

Don't Starve (pc) - 1000 in 15-20 mins

Full Throttle - 1000 in an hour

Fractured Minds - 1000 in 20 mins

Surviving Mars - 2000 in 20 mins (pc and xbox version)

There's a few others I forgot. 

Yeah if you didn’t rinse the quick games in the last 10K quest and have a PC then getting 10,000G is pretty trivial. You probably didn’t get the full 1000 in One Leaves in 10mins though as that requires at least 20 playthroughs.

I too wasn’t going to bother with this but have still managed about 5,000 so far with the following:

Little Acre

Full Throttle

Call of the Sea

Hellblade (frustratingly the last 2 achievements didn’t unlock for some reason)

Korgan

Currently playing through Deliver Us The Moon.

Call of the Sea is pretty good and the achievements on Xbox and PC are separate! I’ve been taking my time on the PC version, getting all the achievements I can as I go, then speed running the Xbox version afterwards. It’s an enjoyable story so would be a shame not to take it all in.

Are the achievements for Surviving Mars separate too? I got the quick 1000g on the Xbox last time they had this 10k thing. Will I get another 1000g on PC?

Allegedly Starbound on PC can get you 1000g in a minute, using a mod.

I’m going to give it a try later and I’ll report back.

Edit: well it took more than a minute as I hadn’t played the game before, but as soon as you reach the spaceship and launch, unlocking the first achievement, the rest unlock too! Allow 5-10mins to earn 1000g in this game!

Another one for PC players...

Endless Legend on Gamepass, earn 1000g while making a cup of tea or loading your dishwasher, or having a bathroom break!

Start this video at 11:28 and follow the links to download the script.

Edit: Quick tip... don’t click away from the game while the script is running (like switching windows to the YouTube guide) as the auto script will continue to run outside of the game. I missed 5 achievements while I wondered why Youtube was starting and stopping by itself :lol:

I'm mildly annoyed that you can't do the 10k challenge if you just have a PC. Especially since all you need to do is to click a couple of buttons on Xbox and then you can do everything else on PC anyway.

Also, some of the quest challenges don't work on PC. The Tales of Vesperia, for instance, apparently doesn't get recognised if you play it on PC as it's different from the Xbox version. Thankfully most of the recent challenge games have been available on the cloud so more of that please.

I don't want to seem like it's an outrage, but Microsoft did commit to putting out their games jointly on PC and Xbox so some acknowledgement of the 10k quests and all for us poor console-less people would be good.

4 hours ago, StoooTube said:

Another one for PC players...

Endless Legend on Gamepass, earn 1000g while making a cup of tea or loading your dishwasher, or having a bathroom break!

Start this video at 11:28 and follow the links to download the script.

Edit: Quick tip... don’t click away from the game while the script is running (like switching windows to the YouTube guide) as the auto script will continue to run outside of the game. I missed 5 achievements while I wondered why Youtube was starting and stopping by itself :lol:

I did this one too. Quite surprised my work laptop was able to even run them but I didn't have any issues with the handful of games I tried :)

(I don't own my own PC) 

28 minutes ago, James Lyon said:

I'm mildly annoyed that you can't do the 10k challenge if you just have a PC. Especially since all you need to do is to click a couple of buttons on Xbox and then you can do everything else on PC anyway.

Also, some of the quest challenges don't work on PC. The Tales of Vesperia, for instance, apparently doesn't get recognised if you play it on PC as it's different from the Xbox version. Thankfully most of the recent challenge games have been available on the cloud so more of that please.

I don't want to seem like it's an outrage, but Microsoft did commit to putting out their games jointly on PC and Xbox so some acknowledgement of the 10k quests and all for us poor console-less people would be good.

If it makes you feel any better, even 30 mins for 1000 gamerscore is a waste of your valuable time unless you're enjoying it. It's 90p.

50 minutes ago, Timmo said:

If it makes you feel any better, even 30 mins for 1000 gamerscore is a waste of your valuable time unless you're enjoying it. It's 90p.

Hey, it's free "money". I guess it's just a bit of FOMO. :lol:

1 hour ago, James Lyon said:

Yeah, that happened to me for the last 10k one, I only had GP on PC but it was Ultimate. Fortunately I didn't burn through too many "quick" achievement games before I realised I was wasting my time as they weren't showing. Ironically, those achievements I got on PC that didn't show then popped when I bought a Series S months later and have stopped me re-using them this time round.

Still, only 3K to go and a few easy ones left. Prob won't bother next time but meh almost a free month of GPU or credit towards a game. I've probably done more grinding during Steam sales for less

Surely it’s just easier to install that browser extension that does bing searches for you, and quickly click on the reward tasks every day? 

That’s an easy 300 odd points a day for about a minute’s work. A much better use of my time than grinding away on something I don’t really want to play. Life is too short to be playing games you don’t really enjoy that much!

11 hours ago, Timmo said:

This is £1.80 an hour - for reference the minimum wage is £8.72. 

I actually find it quite fun, it’s a game itself getting these points, and I’ve tried some games I wouldn’t normally try. I enjoyed Call of the Sea and Astrologazer which I wouldn’t normally attempt. 

1 hour ago, anders limpar said:

Surely it’s just easier to install that browser extension that does bing searches for you, and quickly click on the reward tasks every day? 

That’s an easy 300 odd points a day for about a minute’s work. A much better use of my time than grinding away on something I don’t really want to play. Life is too short to be playing games you don’t really enjoy that much!

What one is that?

3 hours ago, StoooTube said:

I actually find it quite fun, it’s a game itself getting these points, and I’ve tried some games I wouldn’t normally try. I enjoyed Call of the Sea and Astrologazer which I wouldn’t normally attempt. 

I feel that's the better attitude to take. If there are games that you can quickly amass achievements through playing rather than exploitation, then you're going to get more out of it than, say, using a mod or an exploit so you can rinse it.

Each to their own though - given I spend the majority of my free time these days reading technical books about AI and graphics instead of actually playing games, I'm in no position to declare what anyone else finds fun!

1 hour ago, peeveen said:

Bear in mind that the T&C's of Microsoft Rewards state that if they detect search bot use, they'll suspend your account.

I'm not sure if they ever actually do it though.

That chrome addon lets you randomise search times which is nice and hopefully hides the fact it's a bot.

I'm running it for the 4 accounts we have in the house, mine, my two kids and my wife's.  Fired up a Brave Browser docker instance on my server for each account so can fire it off and leave it to do what it needs each morning.

If anyone is looking for some easy points for the current promo, One Leaves might be a good place to look. It is very easy, free, and you can get most of the achievements just by playing it through once, which should take about 20 minutes at most. It's only available on the USA store, but switch regions on xbox.com and it should download no problem at all. 

Despite looking like a 360 game, it runs worse than cyberpunk, even on Series X. 

@retroed Do not pre order it yet! It’s coming back. 

I emailed them. 

Hello!

This is Joseph from Microsoft Rewards support. 

Thank you for reporting this to us!

You have my assurance that the Hitman punch card will be reinstated soon. 

Regards, 

Joseph 

Microsoft Rewards support