2 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Also - friendly reminder that a reward point is worth 0.9p, so it’s worth activating, but probably not worth spending hours and hours playing games you otherwise wouldn’t for the sake of £8 (assuming you hit the full 10K).

Yep, for 8 quid I'll be giving this one a wide berth. Ended up playing some joyless crap last time to get points worth the same value as a lunch. Anything that turns my gaming time into a chore can fuck off. Will take what I can get from normal cheevos but it's not worth the hassle to get the full 10k

As with the last time this promotion ran, I'll just be using it as an opportunity to prioritise playing some shorter games I've had on my list for a while instead of grinding out achievements in games I have no interest in. 

Day of the Tentacle is a good shout for a replay and Full Throttle is one of the only LucasArts games I never played back in the day so there's another.

On 23/12/2020 at 10:28, dreamylittledream said:

Killer Instinct is on Gamepass

You get 1 achievements for winning a fight on easy with each character (29 of them). One for getting them to level 3 (win 3 fights approx) and one for winning a survival mode with them.

So that’s nearly 90

Sweet! That’s my 23:45 “cheevo panic” game sorted for a while :)

For those of us that rinsed the last 10000 challenge just a few months ago this is going to be a much more arduous task and one that I probably won’t get the full amount.

I might take this opportunity to replay through the Walking Dead series on Xbox One (already played on 360). Not quick but a guaranteed 3-4K.

Some of the more obscure games with easy cheevs that haven’t already been mentioned are Coffee Talk and One Leaves, both either free or free with Gold. Coffee Talk is an excellent visual novel that’s actually worth playing properly. One Leaves is total shit but is a quick 800 in an hour.

I seem to have been awarded the points for buying/ hiring 3 movies from the sale. Issue is I haven't rented or bought anything... Checked my account and there's no phantom purchases. Very odd.

Is the 5K point bonus on sale items on today still? The sale lasts until the 3rd and I'd planned to buy today but the bonus card has gone from my points dashboard.

11 hours ago, ymaohyd said:

For those of us that rinsed the last 10000 challenge just a few months ago this is going to be a much more arduous task and one that I probably won’t get the full amount.

I might take this opportunity to replay through the Walking Dead series on Xbox One (already played on 360). Not quick but a guaranteed 3-4K.

Some of the more obscure games with easy cheevs that haven’t already been mentioned are Coffee Talk and One Leaves, both either free or free with Gold. Coffee Talk is an excellent visual novel that’s actually worth playing properly. One Leaves is total shit but is a quick 800 in an hour.

800 is 80p, isn't it? Don't waste your hour.

1 hour ago, BubbleFish said:

I seem to have been awarded the points for buying/ hiring 3 movies from the sale. Issue is I haven't rented or bought anything... Checked my account and there's no phantom purchases. Very odd.

Is the 5K point bonus on sale items on today still? The sale lasts until the 3rd and I'd planned to buy today but the bonus card has gone from my points dashboard.

Me too. 2500 points awarded for renting movies which I haven’t done and can’t see any transactions.

2 minutes ago, ymaohyd said:

Me too. 2500 points awarded for renting movies which I haven’t done and can’t see any transactions.

I got that as well. I thought it might have been because I started my free month of Disney+ which comes with Game Pass Ultimate.

No free points for me. I've got enough points for Hitman 3 later this month now, though. I'm going to hold off until just before release because there'll probably be a 'Preorder Hitman 3 and get 6000 points' card soon. And between now and then I might get enough points to upgrade for the deluxe edition. 

Last month I redeemed €30 from rewards towards Cyberpunk and this month I'm well on track to redeem another €25 voucher.

Think I'm just gonna wait though - would love to redeem a heap towards the rather expensive ssd for the series x but if I could get 50% off with points I'll pull the trigger.

It didn’t occur to me they didn’t pay VAT until I saw the receipt.

For each Xbox £5 gift card used, minus the VAT and their 30% cut, they end up paying a publisher £2.92 - the economics of this seem a little less crazy than at first glance.

Think I've been mistaken in regards to Achievements and Rewards - I thought, for some reason, that the achievements with diamonds attached to them rewards you with Reward Points, but it seems that is not the case? 

I'm aware that you can get points and stuff from the cards/quests etc (though Japan doesn't have half as many ways to earn as the UK and US do, going to be a pitiful total until I can get back home).

You end up getting loads of rare achievements on Gamepass games even if they're not difficult at all because there's no barrier to trying to the game. Even if you just stick with it and complete it there's a good chance you're in the top 10%. 

I never even realised Rec Room was on xbox until I did some digging for GS. 

I played it for 20 mins on VR and quit forever as I was getting abused by kids. 

Just got the 1000 in surviving Mars. Heads up, the video above isn't right. Seems the devs removed one of the installs needed. 

If you look at the first comment it tells you what to download. The 1000g popped for me as soon as I installed them, didn't even need to start a game. 

Ach, I played Destiny 2 for the first time on Xbox earlier today and shitloads of achievements popped. Mere hours before the 10,000 points thing went live!