rllmuk
stefcha

Microsoft Rewards

Sounds like they seriously underestimated how many people would get involved. I must have made about +3000 points last month for doing little more than I normally do. Realistically that's not sustainable if you times that by the millions of subs. Shame it's gone so far the other way though.

There's thousands of people moaning about it on reddit so it'll get some kind of response.

I suspect  they paid out way more points than they expected.

To be fair last month was the first month out of beta for the new quest model so clearly its success surprised them

30 minutes ago, Ferine said:

Why would you release the system to everyone then decimate the benefits? Should've just made this adjustment a month ago if they were going to.

This change shifts Game Pass Quests from something that had me at least turning on my Xbox pretty much every day, and downloading some games I might not have otherwise tried, to a scheme I've no desire to engage with at all. I get that it is essentially still "something for nothing", but whereas before it was generous enough that it felt worth my time pursuing, now it offers such a pittance it's almost a disincentive.

It's such a hard swing I actually wonder if they're going to "we've heard you" up to half of what it was originally and call it a compromise.

Especially if you have to download that Ark game, which is 90gb!

14 minutes ago, Revival said:

Sounds like they seriously underestimated how many people would get involved. I must have made about +3000 points last month for doing little more than I normally do. Realistically that's not sustainable if you times that by the millions of subs. Shame it's gone so far the other way though.

There's thousands of people moaning about it on reddit so it'll get some kind of response.

Hmmmm. The flip side of this is the 49.000 points I have accumulated may keep some kind of value if they are not throwing the points out left right and center. Every cloud...

I was asked this morning which two locations I'd prefer to visit.

Rub it in why don't you.

19 minutes ago, Butters said:

I was asked this morning which two locations I'd prefer to visit.

Rub it in why don't you.

The options were Barcelona or Florence.

Neither thanks.

• Upvote 3

There's a 6000 point punch card up today for anyone digitally picking up Resident Evil 3.

1 month Gamepass Ultimate is on offer for 8400 points (usually 14000) and the 3 month Gamepass Ultimate is 24500 from 42000 points. It's on offer till 1st May. 

• Upvote 6

There's an easy 500 points on the Rewards app on the Xbox. Basically, just click through 5 different Gamepass menus and that's it. 

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

Anyone fancy losing one and winning one game of Worms to get the weekly reward?

I will tomorrow if you like. I work from home so can make it through the day if that suits, will have to check my insanely busy social diary (not) if evening suits you better. Oh and it’s been an age since I’ve played a worms game but I’m 

sure I’ll pick it up pretty sharpish :)

7 hours ago, womble9 said:

I will tomorrow if you like. I work from home so can make it through the day if that suits, will have to check my insanely busy social diary (not) if evening suits you better. Oh and it’s been an age since I’ve played a worms game but I’m 

sure I’ll pick it up pretty sharpish :)

I've actually already had my win. I started an unranked game and my opponent quit almost immediately, giving me the win.

Willing to quit out of a game if you want the win?

10 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

I've actually already had my win. I started an unranked game and my opponent quit almost immediately, giving me the win.

Willing to quit out of a game if you want the win?

Glad you got sorted, so much for it being a quiet day for me today!!

Gonna go have a stab at it now but if no joy tonight then yes, that'd be great thanks :)

52 minutes ago, womble9 said:

Glad you got sorted, so much for it being a quiet day for me today!!

Gonna go have a stab at it now but if no joy tonight then yes, that'd be great thanks :)

I can be n for the next hour, gimme a shout if you need the win

The Bleeding Edge 250 points thing is a piece of piss. You get an achievement for completing the tutorial, which takes 15 minutes maybe.

58 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

The Bleeding Edge 250 points thing is a piece of piss. You get an achievement for completing the tutorial, which takes 15 minutes maybe.

DOWNLOADING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

8 hours ago, Mr Do 71 said:

I've done a lot if this over the last couple of weeks. Download, look on True Achievements for the quickest way to get the achievement, delete. 

think I'm on for the 1000 point achievement completionist one this month, despite only really doing them for the last two weeks. I need one more weekly quest and 15 daily ones before the 4th.

Tracks is a good one for your daily achievement. They're all stupidly easy to get.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

10 hours ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Give the game a go too, It's really good.

Anyone still need to do the Worms WMD quest for a quick surrender swap?

Turns out after many years away I am utterly terrible at Worms so it seems winning a match may be beyond me 

I played Worms for the first time ever today. A couple of practice local games with my son, then I went online. I’ve played four games and won two of them so it’s probably not as hard as you’re thinking. Presumably there are a load of reward-hunters on. 

• Upvote 1

On 24/04/2020 at 07:19, ScouserInExile said:

I've done a lot if this over the last couple of weeks. Download, look on True Achievements for the quickest way to get the achievement, delete. 

think I'm on for the 1000 point achievement completionist one this month, despite only really doing them for the last two weeks. I need one more weekly quest and 15 daily ones before the 4th.

Tracks is a good one for your daily achievement. They're all stupidly easy to get.

Well 8 days till the 4th so that’d be 16 daily’s and at least one of next weeklies  should be a walk in the park so I’d say that 1K’s coming your way!

I didn’t know about Tracks so that’s handy one, for anyone that didn’t know about Rare Replay, simply starting any one of its 30 games gives an achievement and there are loads of other easy ones in there too :).

10 hours ago, dreamylittledream said:

Anyone still need to do the Worms WMD quest for a quick surrender swap?

Turns out after many years away I am utterly terrible at Worms so it seems winning a match may be beyond me 

Got mine the other day (likely by fluke to be fair) but if you’re still stuck drop me a PM and I’ll be happy to help out at some point today. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys. I managed a fluke win last night in the end, my opponent surrendered after about three turns.

Definitely spent way too much time on a 50 point quest but needed it for the 1000 point one