Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

1 hour ago, Gringo said:

Kentucky road zero supposed to have an easy one. Skip a bit dialogue and then feed a dog jerky. Haven’t done it yet myself.

That’s the one I used. Takes a bit of running around doing a couple of easy quests on the level before feeding the dog for the achievement. 

I have been meaning to play this one for a while so I didn’t skip the dialogue, very intriguing so far. Definately be playing more. 

I also got a second achievement by mistake, returning to the petrol station to find another character there. Not sure if that character appearing is random or not though. Helps toward the 3 achievements for the monthly quest. 

1 hour ago, Boothjan said:

Missed yesterday's daily set. I wasn't even busy. So annoyed!!

I lost a 711 day streak a little while ago and was well annoyed with myself!! I sent a friendly mail to the support team and they very kindly reinstated it for me so that might be worth a go.

Two weeks later........I messed up again :facepalm:!!

Ripped as always from Reddit here are this weeks 50/50 answers:

EDIT: One of them might be wrong. Not too sure what happened but just seen on my Rewards dash that I only scored 45/50. I've no idea how as I'm sure that all of them gave me a green tick, and I'm sure I'd have noticed otherwise and subsequently edited the list, but figured I should mention it. 

'C Moon'

'Ebony and Ivory'

'Ever Present Past'

'Heart of the Country'

'Helen Wheels'

'Jet'

'Little Lamb Dragonfly'

'London Town'

'Mull of Kintyre'

'Temporary Secretary'

'The Back Seat of My Car'

'Too Much Rain'

'Tug of War'

'Wonderful Christmastime'

"My Love"

:).

7 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

I think Disk Room has cropped up before, because I've got that Achievement but don't really remember playing it. I'll have to do a bit of searching on TrueAchievements to find another easy one.

It spits out achievements pretty frequently, just play for 5-10 mins and I’m sure you’ll get a couple. 

Edit: you get one for starting a game in Hard Mode (if that’s available from the off). 

On 02/01/2023 at 10:55, Banjaxed said:

I also got a second achievement by mistake, returning to the petrol station to find another character there. Not sure if that character appearing is random or not though. Helps toward the 3 achievements for the monthly quest.

Any idea which achievement this was? I seem to have exhausted all the properly easy ones for this round.

1 hour ago, ScouserInExile said:

Any idea which achievement this was? I seem to have exhausted all the properly easy ones for this round.

Finding Carrington

Return to Equus Oils and find Carrington there. 

At the very start of Kentucky, I talked to the old guy. Got jerky, went inside, found the dice, fixed the circuit breaker. Back to talk to old guy. Go to computer, guessed the password, found address and back to the old guy. Feed the dog and get an achievement. Left and went to location of delivery. Immediately left and went back to Equus oils and got the achievement for finding  Carrington.

Sounds like a lot of faff but it’s 5-10 mins max.

Huh? No games to play for the monthly Game Pass quests and 500 points to earn instead of 1K? Microsoft cutting down after the Christmas period?

Edit: Having said that, I see the weekly Black Desert quest is now 250 points. Shame I have to play Black Desert again.

12 minutes ago, James Lyon said:

Huh? No games to play for the monthly Game Pass quests and 500 points to earn instead of 1K? Microsoft cutting down after the Christmas period?

Edit: Having said that, I see the weekly Black Desert quest is now 250 points. Shame I have to play Black Desert again.

I might not bother now I’m getting loads of points for sitting in an Age of Empires lobby every day. The faff to get 1k almost wasn’t worth it. 

On 02/01/2023 at 06:37, shirubagan said:

Anyway, Hidden Gems easy achievement for the excellent Disc Room:

Another very easy one is in the Outer Wilds (if you haven't played it already). I had it in my collection from an E3 Mixer reward or something like that but I know it's not on gamepass anymore. 

You can get a very quick achievement by toasting a few marshmallows (maybe 10 I think?) and eating them. Took all of one minute. 

The punch card challenge is tricky for me this month because I've played most of the games on the list (at least far enough to get obvious easy achievements).

I hadn't played Death's Door so I played that for an hour last night, it's a cool game but it didn't drop a single achievement!

I'll give Bugsnax a go - thanks @ScouserInExile.

There used to be a daily task for me on the 'Gaming' section of the Microsoft/bing homepage - I haven't used the laptop since before Christmas so haven't been doing these but now they aren't there for me.  Is it missing for anyone else?

8 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

keep getting robbed of the AMEM 50 points

It's always worth checking back on this. I find it quite often won't get the green tick when I click on it, but the tick will be there if I come back to the app a while later.

I did check a couple of times if it was adding the 50 points but just not saying it had, which it definitely did a few times. But it wasn't consistent 

19 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Fuck Black Desert. Fuck it to hell.

I mean I don't think it's a very good game, but it took me all of five minutes last night to get the 20,000 XP for the quest. I just went on Cloud Gaming and used what I presume is the character I created last time there was a Black Desert quest. 

One of the servers is called Obvia or Olvia or something. It has an XP boost symbol to make it even quicker. Just walk out of the starting area until you see some Imps wandering around, and spam RB to kill a bunch of them. 

Don't need to even install the game as it works in the cloud. 

I genuinely have no recollection of playing it before, that's how little impression it made on me. 

4 minutes ago, jonathanhoey said:

I mean I don't think it's a very good game, but it took me all of five minutes last night to get the 20,000 XP for the quest. I just went on Cloud Gaming and used what I presume is the character I created last time there was a Black Desert quest. 

One of the servers is called Obvia or Olvia or something. It has an XP boost symbol to make it even quicker. 

Don't need to even install the game as it works in the cloud. 

Yeah, I did exactly this. Again.

Is it really worth all that annoyance for under £1s worth of points? I do the daily web stuff because I can click aimlessly a bit for a couple of minutes during work meetings, but if it was stressful I'd knock that shit on the head right away.

5 minutes ago, Benny said:

Is it really worth all that annoyance for under £1s worth of points? I do the daily web stuff because I can click aimlessly a bit for a couple of minutes during work meetings, but if it was stressful I'd knock that shit on the head right away.

Arguably no. I only did the Black Desert one because it was quick and easy. I simply didn't bother at all with a few of last month's ones because they looked like they would take more time and effort than I was prepared to put in. 

40 minutes ago, jonathanhoey said:

Arguably no. I only did the Black Desert one because it was quick and easy. I simply didn't bother at all with a few of last month's ones because they looked like they would take more time and effort than I was prepared to put in. 

Same here. 

Rewards Hunter on YouTube is invaluable for working out if it's worth bothering with certain quests. If it's a game I want to play and / or is a fairly short amount of time to complete the quest, I'll do it. This can also be swayed by whether there's an easy AMEM 50 points to be had. 

8 hours ago, Chooch said:

There used to be a daily task for me on the 'Gaming' section of the Microsoft/bing homepage - I haven't used the laptop since before Christmas so haven't been doing these but now they aren't there for me.  Is it missing for anyone else?

8 hours ago, Fry Crayola said:

Yeah, it's been missing since the turn of the year, at least.

It looks to be back today - 50 points!