Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

1 minute ago, jonathanhoey said:

The only problem is you may or may not see Xbox Live Gold as an available option. My sister doesn't have it, for example, so the available options are somewhat personalised. I think we found that the best she could get was three months of GPU for 35,000 points (without the intermediate Gold step and conversion) which works out at just under 400 points per day. 

fortunately I do at the moment.

If it is removed then I will let his lapse and make his Series S my primary console so he can use my games/gamepass without me being logged in and use my Series X as secondary where I am always signed in so I can use Gamepass on that. Then I'll spend 12k a month on mine.

Alternatively (and hopefully) I can avoid all this if MS just create a Gamepass family account like I have with my 365 :D

1 hour ago, Clipper said:

Alternatively (and hopefully) I can avoid all this if MS just create a Gamepass family account like I have with my 365 :D

I'm vaguely sure I've read that this is actually coming. I remember specifically thinking it would be useful to us because it would mean my girlfriend could play Two Point Campus on her laptop, rather than having to play the Xbox version and thus use a gamepad. When it comes out, I mean. She's a big fan of Two Point Hospital (and Theme Hospital before it). 

19 minutes ago, jonathanhoey said:

I'm vaguely sure I've read that this is actually coming. I remember specifically thinking it would be useful to us because it would mean my girlfriend could play Two Point Campus on her laptop, rather than having to play the Xbox version and thus use a gamepad. When it comes out, I mean. She's a big fan of Two Point Hospital (and Theme Hospita; before it). 

There is a way to do this on her laptop with just one Gamepass account.

On her laptop have your Microsoft account logged into the Microsoft shop and her account logged into the Xbox Gamepass app thing.

She will then be able to play PC Gamepass games on her laptop using her gamertag/Microsoft account piggy backing on your Gamepass subscription.

We do this on my eldest’s laptop and works a treat (with the exception of Minecraft Java which refuses to work for some reason).

Trek to Yomi is one of the Game Pass Quest games this week and I'm actually really enjoying it. Also enjoyed there were 3 achievements in the first level so that's the weekly done. 

That Trigger Happy Havok thingy looked pretty interesting too and reviewed well. But it's 25 hours of it. I am 30 or 40 years old and I do not need this. 

57 minutes ago, AK Bell said:

That Trigger Happy Havok thingy looked pretty interesting too and reviewed well. But it's 25 hours of it. I am 30 or 40 years old and I do not need this. 

Danganronpa is great, it's basically a visual novel with trial sequences, like a demented take on Phoenix Wright.

It's very episodic so you could play it a chapter at a time (there are six in total I think) and treat it more like a TV series or something.

Trek to Yomi was very enjoyable and took me about 4-5 hours. Word of warning – there's no chapter select, so if you miss a collectible, you've fluffed it unless you want to replay (I wish I'd played with a collectibles guide).

I haven't tried Dangan Ronpa 1, but I tried the second one during the Animé month and absolutely hated it. Not a (leather) patch on Phoenix Wright('s blazer's elbows) IMO.

I think it’s been discussed before, but what is most points effective way for gamepass subs using my reward points? My sub runs out in a week. Thanks :) 

First, let your subscription expire. Next, buy Xbox Live Gold subscriptions using reward points, and make sure you're now subscribed to Xbox Live Gold.

Lastly, sign up to Game Pass Ultimate. It'll convert your Xbox Live Gold subscription at a 1:1 ratio, so if you stack 12 months, you'll get 12 months of Game Pass. That works up to a maximum of 36 months. You may have to pay for the one month sub of GPU, but you may be able to redeem Xbox credit with your reward points as well and pay it with that.

So basically the first post here but you'll claim your Xbox Live through reward points instead of various stores.

If you weren't so close to your subscription end, the best way appears to be buying Xbox Live Gold, as it converts at a lower ratio of GPU to Live, but is more cost effective than redeeming GPU subs. But the absolute best way is to let your sub lapse entirely, so as it's next week, do that.

59 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

First, let your subscription expire. Next, buy Xbox Live Gold subscriptions using reward points, and make sure you're now subscribed to Xbox Live Gold.

Lastly, sign up to Game Pass Ultimate. It'll convert your Xbox Live Gold subscription at a 1:1 ratio, so if you stack 12 months, you'll get 12 months of Game Pass. That works up to a maximum of 36 months. You may have to pay for the one month sub of GPU, but you may be able to redeem Xbox credit with your reward points as well and pay it with that.

So basically the first post here but you'll claim your Xbox Live through reward points instead of various stores.

If you weren't so close to your subscription end, the best way appears to be buying Xbox Live Gold, as it converts at a lower ratio of GPU to Live, but is more cost effective than redeeming GPU subs. But the absolute best way is to let your sub lapse entirely, so as it's next week, do that.

That’s brilliant mate, thanks 😊 It’s 11 days off, so I’ll let it expire. The last time I did the Xbox live gold thing. 

Oh great, I've missed a weekly set and my 36 week streak has reset.

I think that's the push I needed to not take this as "seriously" as I had been.

It's a nice perk an' all but it can quickly become an almost obsession in the chase for points.

I'll stick with the daily sets on the app and keep using Bing etc but won't be chasing achievements and playing stuff I wouldn't normally give the time of day for 50 points going forward.

I've been slipping a lot more and not really caring. I've run out of things to buy with the points and I've already put aside some money in December to get gold on cdkeys.

Nothing is really driving me to grind out that extra fiver on an upcoming release, and I've been disappointed with everything I've gotten full price even though it was heavily discounted by it. I still feel like a pre-order/day-one mug even though it's fake money as it could have been spent wiser. 

I'm going to take it easy, check on it in a few months to a year and see if I can buy hardware for the sake of it.

10 hours ago, Darren said:

Yes, it’s not pinging for me for playing a Game Pass game.

Had the same issue. 

It worked ok for me an hour ago though. 

Xbox app, Gamepass app, and cloud gaming on your phone/ipad should do it...I think.

EDIT: Thinking about it, not sure how you access the weekly to see what the tasks are and mark them as complete though? Is there a way to access the XBox rewards app? Remote access perhaps?

You can use the iPhone app (the Xbox one not the Gamepass one) to remote access to your home console to do the weekly set on the Xbox rewards app.

Does require you to take a controller with you too however as there’s no touch controls for remote access.

Personally I don’t bother when on holiday but it is possible (although if you are going abroad you might also need a VPN depending on where you are going as rewards isn’t available in all countries).

3 minutes ago, SnoopZakaDaVe said:

Anyone having an issue with completing a poll on the rewards app? For my 2000 August bonus round it gives me an error and on the rewards main screen the poll for 10pts throws the dame error up when I click it too

Nope. All completed over several days.

1 hour ago, MattKB said:

I can’t see to get any progress going on the Ryse challenge this week. Anyone got it working?

Didn't seem to be clocking up for me either. But just played through a whole level on easy and it pinged when I completed the level.

In case anyone isn't aware, there's a really good subreddit dedicated to MS Rewards. Every month there's a guide to completing the monthly quests in as little time as possible. Also people report rewards not tracking and when they start tracking again, so you know when things are not working as they should be.

11 hours ago, MattKB said:

I can’t see to get any progress going on the Ryse challenge this week. Anyone got it working?

Yes, worked fine for me (I'd previously played and completed Ryse so was a little worried it might not work, but no problems at all).

FYI, the latest MS Top 10 (worth 500) is up now as well. Forza 5 is included - lots of easy achievements in that.

5 hours ago, MattKB said:

I like the videos this guy does on YouTube:

https://youtube.com/c/RewardsHunter

Yeah, this is my usual port of call for completing stuff 

It's worth having a scout about True Achievements for easy Achievements in the games you need to play for the weeklies and monthlies. If you just search for the game, each Achievement has a bar underneath it for how many people have completed it. A completely full one would indicate it's one of those *walk right at the start of the tutorial" ones.

I've actually found I really like a few games that I thought I wouldn't, purely because was after easy Achievements, so put a bit of time in. Killer Instinct being a good example of this.

I did NFS for the Top Ten. You do a "tutorial" race, which takes maybe 3 minutes, pick a character then pick a car and the achievement pops.

Does anyone know if the 250 points for playing Fortnite on the cloud is Windows 10 only or could it be done on Linux?