IGNORED

Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

35 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Edge of Eternity is absolutely terrible, I resent the ten minutes of repetitive clicking it took to get the achievement. Then the bastard didn’t register. Grrrr. 

Exactly the same experience for me on all counts, but when I opened the rewards app again ten minutes or so later it had registered by itself. So it's worth checking again, there could just be a delay.

I checked the next day and it had registered.

Fully agree on the "this is awful" thing, though. I kinda wondered if it gets better later on, then decided life was too short to find out.

I think the fact that the second tutorial mission was stupidly drawn out and unbelievably full didn't node well for it getting any better. Why would you have it where there's multiple rounds of multiple characters doing the same thing every time, without there being any kind of peril? Just shite.

Edge of Eternity is not that bad but is a very generic Final Fantasy-alike. The tutorials are awful which is a shame. The devs actually added them in after a full build was available on PC via Early Access so I hadn't played them until finishing the main game. 

3 hours ago, earlymodernsteve said:

Edge of Eternity is not that bad but is a very generic Final Fantasy-alike. The tutorials are awful which is a shame. The devs actually added them in after a full build was available on PC via Early Access so I hadn't played them until finishing the main game. 

I thought that tutorial was awful, takes forever to get through a battle and I gave up not much long after the first achievement. Seemed really unbalanced and really shouldn't take that long to take down a starter enemy.

6 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

I thought that tutorial was awful, takes forever to get through a battle and I gave up not much long after the first achievement. Seemed really unbalanced and really shouldn't take that long to take down a starter enemy.

I agree. The trouble is that isn't a starter enemy. It does the generic losing cause beginning so that enemy only shows up there for the sake of the tutorial. It would have worked much better to just ease the instructions in through the standard opening but I think the devs were responding to early access players asking for a tutorial. Don't blame anyone for not persevering though - it's a rough old start.

So how do you play Fortnite with cloud gaming if you've already got it installed? 

I just had a couple of games (installed) and didn't get any points, not sure I want to uninstall it just for this. 

Oh, I finally have the "play with friends in PC" points (and a few other new things)

What's the easiest way to get the 100 points on PC? Do you need to play with actual friends? 

10 minutes ago, Percy Filth said:

No, anyone will do. Even if you hate them. 

Can I use cloud gaming on PC? What game should I play? 

I loaded up Fortnite via browser and quit once it got to the title screen. A few minutes later the quest completed, so you don't have to actually stick around.

At least this way I don't need to feel guilty about clogging up the AoE lobby browser. I am waiting for Microsoft to make the PC rewards significantly less generous, though.

1 hour ago, Percy Filth said:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/play/games/fortnite/BT5P2X999VH2?utm_source=10&utm_campaign=FN_Xcloud

That should do it I think 

Edit : yep, that works. 100 points added within 5 minutes.

The sound is badly out of sync though, not sure if it's just me. 

Does that count as playing a pc game? 

I clicked on that link but it didn't work for me, well the game worked fine but not the play a pc game with friends. 

Okay, another easy one for a Monthly Quest and a Daily 50pts:

Cities Skylines.

Start a new game with the default settings. Click the left stick to pause it, as shown in the bottom left hand corner. Hold down the left stick to speed up time, until it hits the 50 days for the Game Pass quest. At some point during those 50 days, it's bound to rain. This will give you an Achievement. You can launch it on the cloud, speed up time and walk away, you're basically guaranteed to get the Achievement within maybe five minutes or so.

You can also try playing a bit. Just starting a city gets you an achievement as well. I think I ended up with three in less than 5 minutes.

On 06/07/2022 at 14:57, ScouserInExile said:

I think the fact that the second tutorial mission was stupidly drawn out and unbelievably full didn't node well for it getting any better. Why would you have it where there's multiple rounds of multiple characters doing the same thing every time, without there being any kind of peril? Just shite.

Isn't it just!!

I got to the second mission pretty quickly but by god was doing it a boring and repetitive drag! Not really my genre anyway, though I remain hopeful that one day some title will come along and change that, but this certainly wasn't it!!!

4 hours ago, jonathanhoey said:

This is different today:

161EBFA6-CEDA-49D0-A3F3-6D7928256291.thumb.png.845dd894bd39f76a239be66e2dae3a58.png

The +100 has always been for “Play a PC game with friends”. Today is the first time I’ve ever seen “play Fortnite via cloud gaming”.

Ah-ha, well spotted!!

I must have dropped in and out of 3-4 different AoE lobbies earlier today, wondering why my "Play a PC game with friends" thingy hadn't registered :facepalm:.

2 hours ago, womble9 said:

Isn't it just!!

I got to the second mission pretty quickly but by god was doing it a boring and repetitive drag! Not really my genre anyway, though I remain hopeful that one day some title will come along and change that, but this certainly wasn't it!!!

But, but, Vyse is your avatar... 😜 

As someone who finds most JRPG's to be unengaging drudgery but loves Skies of Arcadia, I don't personally find womble9's perspective to be particularly confusing!

12 minutes ago, Wiper said:

As someone who finds most JRPG's to be unengaging drudgery but loves Skies of Arcadia, I don't personally find womble9's perspective to be particularly confusing!

Fair enough. It is a particularly stellar example. 

Screamride is another easy combo for a monthly quest and your daily 50. Start a career and do the first ride, you'll get an Achievement. Do the second ride as well and you should have the 2,000,000 points you need for the monthly

5 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

Achievement 50pts hasn't registered for me the last couple of days.

Have you tried turning your Xbox off at the plug for a bit rather than a shutdown?