IGNORED

Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

1 hour ago, Waggo said:

I have the Xbox app and Age of Empires downloaded to play, but I can’t see any reward points to be had on there?

If you click on your profile pic in the bottom right of the app, do you get this screen

IxPs3W6.jpeg

I think with Age of Empires you can just lurk in a multilayer lobby for a bit and the points will magically appear - 10 for playing a pc game and 100 for 'playing with friends'. I'm assuming you have to launch the game from the app. 

Just do this every day for the rest of your life and you'll earn enough points to buy a series X! 

17 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

If you click on your profile pic in the bottom right of the app, do you get this screen

IxPs3W6.jpeg

I do now cheers.  That is at least 110 points a day I have been missing out on.:hat:

As @Percy Filth has said:

Fire up Age Of Empires. Click on Multiplayer, then lobby browser. If you don't see a "daily points" game, hit refresh until you do. Join a game (it won't actually start) and leave it for 15 minutes or so. When you go into the app, there'll be a green dot next to your picture. Tap it and it should list somewhere between 280 and 300 points. Tap claim rewards to get your points.

if you do this every day, you'll get about 2000 points a week. Which I think I'm right in saying is the fastest way to get points without buying anything.

5 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

IxPs3W6.jpeg

Is this still only going out to a select few? I don't see it on mine. Come on, MS, I want my free money!

1 hour ago, James Lyon said:

Is this still only going out to a select few? I don't see it on mine. Come on, MS, I want my free money!

Yes. It was just selected accounts (random as far as I know) in the UK and IIRR Brazil. When asking people it seems to be way less haven’t got it than have but then my ask sample was only 8/9. 

Which of this month’s games have easy achievements for the monthly bonus wotsit (sorry I can’t remember what it’s called, top right on the console rewards app).

Zero Escape pops an achievement for completing a puzzle on hard mode (i.e. the default mode) — or at least it does for Virtue's Last Reward, and I'd be surprised if that doesn't extend to 999 as well. Given the games start with a puzzle room, you can get that pretty quickly.

More importantly, Virtue's Last Reward in particular is utterly brilliant, my favourite visual novel of all time, so I'd recommend giving it a try regardless of the rewards. Worth playing a couple of loops of its story at least — so maybe an hour or two of gameplay — to see if its heady blend of thriller, mystery and sci-fi grabs you. Just try to look past the low-budget, 3DS/Vita-targetting visuals, and the anime tropes — it is at least a lot lighter on the latter than e.g. Danganronpa.

I tried Dangan Ronpa 2 for the achievement this morning. Did not like that at all and nothing happened in the first 30 mins. 

Switched over to Edge of Eternity and got an achievement at the end of the tutorial, probably around 10 minutes or less in, skipping cutscenes. 

On 02/07/2022 at 15:05, ScouserInExile said:

As @Percy Filth has said:

Fire up Age Of Empires. Click on Multiplayer, then lobby browser. If you don't see a "daily points" game, hit refresh until you do. Join a game (it won't actually start) and leave it for 15 minutes or so. When you go into the app, there'll be a green dot next to your picture. Tap it and it should list somewhere between 280 and 300 points. Tap claim rewards to get your points.

if you do this every day, you'll get about 2000 points a week. Which I think I'm right in saying is the fastest way to get points without buying anything.

i feel this is an obvious question, but i'll ask anyway, Which Age of Empires? (the first one?)

On 03/07/2022 at 13:50, Wiper said:

Zero Escape pops an achievement for completing a puzzle on hard mode (i.e. the default mode) — or at least it does for Virtue's Last Reward, and I'd be surprised if that doesn't extend to 999 as well. Given the games start with a puzzle room, you can get that pretty quickly.

More importantly, Virtue's Last Reward in particular is utterly brilliant, my favourite visual novel of all time, so I'd recommend giving it a try regardless of the rewards. Worth playing a couple of loops of its story at least — so maybe an hour or two of gameplay — to see if its heady blend of thriller, mystery and sci-fi grabs you. Just try to look past the low-budget, 3DS/Vita-targetting visuals, and the anime tropes — it is at least a lot lighter on the latter than e.g. Danganronpa.

I've played all the Nonary games before so I thought I'd start again with 999.  The first achievement popped at the first ending.  :lol:

Weekly Treasure is up. Get it while it's hot.

If you want an easy Achievement for the Top Ten. Edge of Enternity is about five minutes of basically following button prompts. When you finish the second battle, you get an Achievement. From the couple of minutes I played, I don't feel like I'm missing out by not playing any more of it.

Annoyingly, the app hasn't registered the Achievement for either the Daily 50 or the Top Ten for me. 

I had a daily set streak of a little over 200 days which I lost a week or so ago because the website is a flaky piece of rubbish; I had the problems widely reported in here of tasks not registering as complete despite multiple attempts to complete them. 

this morning, the website is showing that I have a streak of 218 days. I completed this mornings set and it moved up to 219. Has anyone else had their streak restored?  I haven’t complained to MS or done anything about it. 

20 hours ago, Don Wiskerando said:

I've played all the Nonary games before so I thought I'd start again with 999.  The first achievement popped at the first ending.  :lol:

Wow, VLR definitely the choice if you want a reasonably quick achievement then!

1 hour ago, womblingfree said:

What’s a quick achievement for the Top 10: Anime Month games? 

Never have I pressed A so much without playing any game.

I just got one in Edge of Eternity, you can skip 3 cutscenes then do 2 tutorial battles. Takes 5 mins

It did not, however, register for me. So maybe give it a day!

All this talk of easy achievements makes me laugh. Literally a few posts up is the post about library of ruina. It is literally 'start the game'. No button pressing or tutorials, or 5 minutes. It is literally starting the game.

Some of us have already unlocked that achievement. Beasts of Maravilla Island (Games with Gold game) has a couple of easy ones at the start of the game, just take your first photo and first selfie.

Some handy ones for the three Achievements this week.

Time for a Weekly Quest and Earn More Achieve More c-c-c-combo. Dragon Ball FighterZ. Start a game, click through a few tutorial messages. When it prompts you to hit RT to get a quest, hit RT to get a quest and the first Achievement pops. Couple of minutes, tops.

17 hours ago, BeeJay said:

All this talk of easy achievements makes me laugh. Literally a few posts up is the post about library of ruina. It is literally 'start the game'. No button pressing or tutorials, or 5 minutes. It is literally starting the game.

I did that one and it completely failed to register for the top 10.