Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

32 minutes ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

The tax evading turnip game has a super quick one too; start a game and rip up the very first note that you get and that’s that.

And it throws them at you pretty quickly after that too. It’s a good, short game, definitely worth playing through (a little bit each day if you want to space out the achievements!)

I'm finding taiko no tatsujin is awesome for gradually knocking off achievements - there's a pretty steady, easy stream you can farm at 3 per week as needed. Stuff like change an outfit, play a song from each category, watch the credits etc

3 hours ago, rgraves said:

I'm finding taiko no tatsujin is awesome for gradually knocking off achievements - there's a pretty steady, easy stream you can farm at 3 per week as needed. Stuff like change an outfit, play a song from each category, watch the credits etc

I've been saving a load of these for emergencies.

Speaking of which: going on holiday for two weeks in the summer. Assuming where I'm staying has wifi, how do I keep my 80+ week streak on the Xbox app, without taking my Xbox with me? 

6 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

Speaking of which: going on holiday for two weeks in the summer. Assuming where I'm staying has wifi, how do I keep my 80+ week streak on the Xbox app, without taking my Xbox with me? 

Lend someone your Xbox and get them to do it for you?

11 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

The Xbox mobile app (not the Gamepass one) allows remote access to your console via the remote play feature.

You will need to take a controller with you though as there’s no touchscreen interface.

23 minutes ago, dreamylittledream said:

The Xbox mobile app (not the Gamepass one) allows remote access to your console via the remote play feature.

You will need to take a controller with you though as there’s no touchscreen interface.

See, I can get away with bringing a controller with me. 

I think I looked at this a while back. I can wake it up and shut it down remotely, can't I?

Budget permitting you could splash out on something like a razor kishi and turn your phone into a budget steamdeck (...with added latency depending on your location/wifi)

YMMV but I'd take the attitude that life's too short, and the tiny proportion of it spent on holiday is WAY too short, to waste any of that precious holiday time faffing about trying earn pennies*. Just enjoy your holiday and forget about your points for a bit.

Spoiler

Unless you're doing it with one of these of course.

o.jpg

43 minutes ago, dreamylittledream said:

Anyone else having issues with the daily poll and quiz not popping up today (the one on the rewards website)?

Was bust for me yesterday and not working again today despite trying several browsers

Didn’t work via my iPhone by my work PC was fine. 

4 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

Microsoft Solitaire. Counts as a game pass game, has loads of easy early achievements. If you need to open the rewards app, possibly remote access your Xbox? Will need an Xbox pad synced to phone. And for daily sets, log in to Bing app.

Edit - sorry, I see these were already suggested. Honestly though, you only get the 1k every 10 weeks and it doesn't to build out back up. Sometimes it's better to lose a big streak, takes the pressure off.

52 minutes ago, TehStu said:

Microsoft Solitaire. Counts as a game pass game, has loads of easy early achievements.

And is also really good and has loads of daily challenges. It’s very moreish.

On 07/06/2022 at 20:57, Mr Do 71 said:

Disc Room has one for rage quitting! Die, then quickly rage quit to the menu. 😆

This one didn’t seem to register for the weekly rewards for me. 

49 minutes ago, Darren said:

And is also really good and has loads of daily challenges. It’s very moreish.

It might actually end up being the only game I end up 1000/1000. Or whatever we're up to now.

Might be worth checking your messages.  I was just playing  Assassins Creed Odysesy & a message from Xbox popped up giving me £8 credit to spend in the store by 9th September for no apparent reason.  This is on top of the £4 quid they gave me last week.👌

I noticed I had £8 earlier and was trying to work out where it came from. Checked my payment history etc, checked messages and emails from MS in case it was promotional but nothing. Then about 10 mins back the message came through. Weird.

Has anyone else been having trouble redeeming the daily achievement reward? It’s happened to me a few times in the past week. I’ve earned three achievements this morning — Turnip Boy throws them at you by the way — and nothing happens when I click on the tile. 

8 hours ago, shirubagan said:

Has anyone else been having trouble redeeming the daily achievement reward? It’s happened to me a few times in the past week. I’ve earned three achievements this morning — Turnip Boy throws them at you by the way — and nothing happens when I click on the tile. 

I tend to find rebooting helps. I once logged a job with MS about my 50pts not registering and they told me they had, it's just that the app didn't put a tick in the corner. It's worth looking at how many points you have before you click on it and seeing if it goes up 50, even if it doesn't show it has redeemed.

If anyone is after a quick 25 Weekly GP Quest points and 50 points for Earn More Achieve More, use this video to get the first achievement in Kentucky Route Zero (assuming you haven't played it before). Takes less than 4 minutes and is on cloud:

This week's easy Game Pass Weekly Quest and Earn More Achieve More c-c-c-combo is Weird West.

Start the game, run outside and talk to the sheriff. She'll tell you to get your gun. Head towards the yellow triangle and hold down A. It'll tell you to get a shovel, follow the new yellow triangle, get the shovel and go back to dig up the gun. Achievement. 2 minutes, tops.

Annoyingly, though, my Rewards app is refusing to accept this. Both for the 50 points and as one of the three Achievements for this week.

Evidently, there's an easy one in the other Weekly Quest game, hit I've played for about 20 minutes and not hit one yet.