rllmuk
Boozy The Clown

Just Cause 4 - After Rain Comes Explosions

Wow. That's coming out soon. 

Just Cause 3 was an excellent idea but flawed in its final execution. If they can build on the many successes of Just Cause 3 and refine and improve the problems this could be something special. 

Off the top of my head, I want a more interesting location to explore and better missions. 

With RDR2, Spider-Man, DQ11, Hitman 2,  Yakuza Kiwami 2, and Fist of the Northstar already on my playlist for the remainder of 2018, Just Cause 4 will have to wait until it's cheaper. And after the disappointment of JC3 I don't mind waiting, see what the 'muk hivemind makes of it first.

Why does the narrator speak...so....slowly...in that video? It’s like one of those old cinema information telephone lines where you were charged by the minute...

And yeah again, smacks of making something bigger just for the sake of it. JC3 was just like that, and got boring fast.

Yeah, JC2 was mindblowingly good - 3 had lost the mojo. There was nothing to match that feeling of wiping out an emplacement, roll-diving off the top, then gliding to safety with the strains of a calm, guitar ballad taking over as you drift slowly through the ruins of a temple poking up through the still waters of a lake, sunlight streaming through to the sand.

They tried, but they had lost the balance. Was a cargo cult version of the second - all the bits were there, but it just didn't work the same.

• Upvote 2

Just cause 2 is one of my fave games of all time - I felt 3 was aimed at youtube idiots who needed to put up 4h of content a day of them tethering things together for the top bantz. 

I had over 100h in 2 but never finished 3.

Got an eye on this as hoping it can rediscover the magic, and not be a peurile physics sandbox aimed at twats fake laughing when the attach balloons to a nun and launch her into a jet plane.

12 minutes ago, Gotters said:

I had over 100h in 2 but never finished 3.

Yeah - I think I had something like 99.7% complete but I couldn't finish it because I hadn't 100% destroyed a target oil platform when it was a valid target, and after that it didn't count.

I'm looking forward to this but it seems such a stealth release for a big game series. Hopefully we get some impressions/reviews soon. Looks great so far though. A more polished 3 would essentially suit me. 

Loved Just Cause 2 to bits & really enjoyed Just Cause 3, (Bavarium Wingsuit! ^_^) but I find myself rather ambivalent about Just Cause 4. Everything i've seen so far looks like more JC3, & after having thoroughly rinsed that game & it's DLC & still dipping back into it now & again to mess around, I want something more than that.

I think i'll wait & see what the reviews say.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gotters said:

those videos are my personal reason for going off the series - it became about that sort of rubbish, which was never the intention with JC2

what having fun?

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, parrapatheslapper said:

what having fun?

Whilst I enjoy the pissing about of Just Cause, I sort of get that it might have gone too far.  For one thing, it just looks terribly complicated now.  

2 hours ago, Gotters said:

those videos are my personal reason for going off the series - it became about that sort of rubbish, which was never the intention with JC2

Running up to one of the really powerful enemy tanks and slapping a bunch of thrusters on one side to flip it over was a really good strategy in JC3. It's one of the very few sandbox style games that has "stupid" features that can be quite useful in the main quest.

On 31/10/2018 at 12:56, Gotters said:

JC2 was just people lolling at ags canister rockets. Every game is a sub-par open world with a novelty gimmick.