deKay

PlayStation Classic - December 2018

I've just been budgeting for Christmas (quiet day at work) and remembered I'd ordered two of these from different places in case they were hard to get hold of (I had visions of them hogging every MUST HAVE CHRISTMAS PRESENTS 2018 clickbait link by now) but having checked Amazon, Base, Smyths and Game they're still available for pre-order.

Is it because it's still early? 16 days to go. Will they be hard to get closer to launch?

Is it because nobody really wants one since the games list was announced, and the controversy over pal/ntsc/50/60 hz?

Is it because Sony have actually made plenty and there won't be a shortage?

Could probably cancel one of my pre-orders and save the hassle of returning it, if it's not the first one.

EDIT: Funnily enough I received this email a few hours later:

Hi Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering Play Station Classic from GAME.co.uk.

Play Station Classic is released within the next two weeks and to help everything go smoothly for you, we will be processing orders and will start taking payment within the next couple of days.

What do I need to do now?

Please check you have enough funds in your account and ensure your billing and delivery address details are up to date. You can update your order by logging into your GAME account. If you don't have an account please contact us by clicking here.

Is that all?

Yes - If your payment is processed successfully you will receive an email letting you know that your order is on its way. Your order won't reach you early; the email just means it's being held ready to be shipped.

If there is a problem with your order you may receive an email informing you that your order has been cancelled. This could be due to a problem with your payment method. If your order is cancelled in this way please place a new order or alternatively contact our Customer Service Team.

Please be aware that if your order is being shipped outside the UK it may arrive after the release date.

The PSTV arrived, I just plugged in my Dualshock 4 & so far every PSOne game I've downloaded to it works, & what's more, there's a tonne more available on the built-in Online Store including the first 4 Tomb Raiders.

This is my PS Classic now, & the ability to play most PSP & Some Vita games on it too is a nice bonus.

• Upvote 1

The one game i was looking forward to trying out the PlayStation Classic was Jumping Flash.  It's available on the Online Store for £4, so at that price i'll give it try regardless of how well it holds up today, & it'll also bring me closer to the 'time capsule of the PSOne Library' idea i wanted the Classic for.

There's a number of games like this.  Ones I missed from their original release or otherwise regarded as 'Classics'.  I'm not going to go mad though.  I still have doubts of how well the PSTV will serve as a 'Time Capsule' considering it's ties to Sony's Online/Account structures, which despite allowing me to re-download stuff that's no longer available (Resident Evil 2) I still don't entirely trust.