rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Bah, 30 pieces of bait later and the bastard string fish continues to elude. I'm fishing in the 'spring' on the highest cliff on my island. Is this right?

3 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Bah, 30 pieces of bait later and the bastard string fish continues to elude. I'm fishing in the 'spring' on the highest cliff on my island. Is this right?

Someone with a Stringfish needs to give us the info from their Critterpedia!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jamie John said:

It saves automatically. Maybe the update borked it?

This has made me wonder, if you've got Switch Online are your saves backed up automatically or do you have to activate it somehow? If my save corrupts and I lose my island 6 months in then you know imma shank a bitch.

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

Maybe it doesn't save till you sleep for the first time.

Cheers. I hadn't really gotten into them game properly so sure it's fine.

13 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

image.thumb.jpeg.4137dc66024f30ace2483f9a989a0fc3.jpeg

• Upvote 3

The game needs a list of who's visiting your village at the moment, and/or their locations on the mini-map. It's sometimes bedlam otherwise.

• Upvote 1

My shop's getting a second upgrade tomorrow, anyone else? Some serious consumering going to get done.

Saharah here today.

5 days in and I realise I've made an error. I've been playing spoiler free and this is the first time in this thread.

Me and my eldest son have been playing loads over the last 5 days but things have started to get a bit repetitive. We were wondering when we'd get an axe or a shovel. When do we get a bridge to get over the river? Is there a museum over there? Will we get to donate the bugs and fish?

After buckling and googling how to get the axe I was confused as to why Nook wasn't giving the option to give him creatures? Some more googling revealed that the main progress quests are locked to the first person who played the game... My youngest son who doesn't play it much....

Oh ffs, I don't want to restart the island and delete all the stuff I've done with my eldest. I'll have to keep playing on my youngest sons account to push the game forward. Why is there no way to transfer the Resident Representative title to someone else?

• Empathy 2

1 minute ago, GC Zombie said:

Oh ffs, I don't want to restart the island and delete all the stuff I've done with my eldest. I'll have to keep playing on my youngest sons account to push the game forward. Why is there no way to transfer the Resident Representative title to someone else?

9 times out of ten I bet that'd be abused. My fellow resident plays before me some days and has been advancing bits of the storyline/upgrades and so on quite a bit after the first day or two, so all is not lost.

1 minute ago, cohen205 said:

I just caught a blue marlin at donutland.

it was magnificent!

6 minutes ago, cohen205 said:

Cool. I am flying there right now!

Edit - no I’m not. Donutville for me.

Took a helicopter over Rob’s island. Instantly want to throw the game in the sea...cannot compete. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, cohen205 said:

Need location!

1 hour ago, Lyrical Donut said:

I got my stringfish in the top level pond. After like 20 baits.

And just tonight I got my only sturgeon in the river mouth after I don't know how many baits. At least 40.

33 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Are the Springfish and Sturgeon shadows big?

Yes.

1 hour ago, Jamie John said:

Same here, about 35 baits used this evening but still no stringfish.  Did get two other new ones though, cherry salmon and char

136 bait, no stringfish. I did let one big fish get away though...

16 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

Screen load every time someone arrives/leaves?? Geez..

Yeah, it's ridiculous and infuriating.

Waiting on your own loading is boring enough but also waiting on everyone else loading whenever they land or leave is very tiring.