Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Mr Do 71

Spent two sodding hours last night hunting for clams, crafting bait, dutifully trudging up the hill and then catching another 5 carp...

Raining this morning. Haul from 10 catches?

Koi

Soccer Fish

COELENCANTH!

And a bloody STRINGFISH!!!!!!

First day I’ve had rain. Rain is good. 

13 minutes ago, spanx said:

Spent two sodding hours last night hunting for clams, crafting bait, dutifully trudging up the hill and then catching another 5 carp...

Koi

Soccer Fish

COELENCANTH!

Damn you, I literally spent 6 hours yesterday doing nothing but fishing for the string fish. It's the only fish of all the available ones I haven't caught yet. I have far more luck fishing in the sea, so far I've caught 7(!) sturgeons, 5 oar fish, 2 tuna, 2 blue marlins and 3 coelencanths. 

Is it not possible to gift fish and insects over local wireless play? Visiting the missus’ island and tried to place some stuff for her to take to Blathers, but it only gave me the show off option. And as she doesn’t have/want an online id I can’t send it via friends list/internet.

2 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Is it not possible to gift fish and insects over local wireless play? Visiting the missus’ island and tried to place some stuff for her to take to Blathers, but it only gave me the show off option. And as she doesn’t have/want an online id I can’t send it via friends list/internet.

Can't do that.

9 hours ago, Jamie John said:

I am loving this game and am entirely addicted to it, but there are some definite QoL improvements that I hope are patched in. Off the top of my head:

- The crafting animation - do we really need to watch it every time?

- Not being able to craft multiples of the same item when you have the materials ready (fish bait, I'm looking at you)

- Something that lets you lay fencing much more quickly and easily

- The option to throw a fish back in the water immediately upon catching it if you don't want it

- Some sort of indication of where an item will be placed when you choose to place one

- A 360 degree camera, or at least something that allows you to see from the side, like you can do when you're inside your house

A bigger change that we're less likely to see would be a bit more interaction with all the things you can buy, or some more animations. It'd be nice to actually swing back and forth on my hammock and swing bench, for example, or being able to do pull ups on my pull up bar, instead of collecting all this stuff that is purely decorative.

And it's been mentioned already but the online aspect - having to sit through a 90 second loading screen every time someone visits your island - is pretty shite.

But still - enjoying my time with it a lot so far.

Yes to most of this. The camera thing maybe just make it swing 90 degrees unlike the one inside the house. Plus MAKE MANILA CLAMS STACK.

1 hour ago, spanx said:

Koi

Soccer Fish

COELENCANTH!

I thought Stringfish were only available after 4pm?