rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

3 minutes ago, Keyboard Koala said:

... and is ordering from amazon considered bad form?

Eh?

Why on earth would it be?

Because of alleged terrible working conditions.

I thought maybe that was what Spork's gif was a reference to. But I'm probably mistaken.

• Upvote 1

I think most people on here buy plenty from Amazon if that's the cheapest place they can find what they want.

26 minutes ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Because of alleged terrible working conditions.

I thought maybe that was what Spork's gif was a reference to. But I'm probably mistaken.

Dekay has history with Amazon.

is pre-order availability from the online shop the new digital only future version of launch day 'shop to have dispatched mine' posts ?

Buzzkill time. You can’t transfer your island from one Switch to another.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/02/you_might_not_be_able_to_transfer_animal_crossing_new_horizons_save_data_to_another_switch

This makes the situation even worse than the lack of cloud saves for the likes of Pokemon and Splatoon. When Switch Pro comes out we’re screwed and I will be relying on my launch day Switch to never die. I’m nervous.

16 hours ago, Len said:

Must resist buying this and a lite for my daughter! 

Never resist. Give in. Do it now!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DC Lemon said:

Buzzkill time. You can’t transfer your island from one Switch to another.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/02/you_might_not_be_able_to_transfer_animal_crossing_new_horizons_save_data_to_another_switch

This makes the situation even worse than the lack of cloud saves for the likes of Pokemon and Splatoon. When Switch Pro comes out, we’re screwed and I will be relying on my launch day Switch to never die. I’m nervous.

Just came here to post it.

Can anyone explain in very simple terms why they’d do this? If you transfer the save data from one console to another - which could be for a multitude of reasons, including breakages etc - and it deletes the original save, what’s the problem?

It’s more than likely badly worded. I.e. you can’t transfer just your AC save to another Switch, but if you buy a new Switch and do a complete system/profiles transfer (which deletes everything off the source Switch) the AC save will go with it. Anything else would be madness.

Still, this is Nintendo, so please understand etc.

But even then, assuming it’s the same save and you can only have one copy of it, why would that restriction be in place?

I can’t be the only person with a regular and a lite who’d like to be able to use the same save across multiple machines.

The Nintendo line for this sort of restriction is they don't want you to cheat/savescum/timescum etc.

My response to that is "Fuck off"

• Empathy 2

Yeah, I get that (sort of) but you can only have one save, same as splatoon 2. So why nix the transfer aspect, too? What difference does it make what machine it’s on.

Only one save per machine is stupid, I’m already buying the game twice so my daughter can play it on her Lite together with me, now if the missus wants to play too I’m expected to buy another copy of the game and a third Switch :wacko:

Just now, gizmo1990 said:

Hang on, you can't have two different villager characters on the same machine?

No. So regardless that we have three user profiles on our main Switch it only allows one AC save, and no cloud saves. We pay £35 per year too for the family online sub, total piss take from Nintendo there. 

You sure? Multiple profiles can be playing on the one unique island on that Switch. Assume each will be a villager character.

Holy shit, that's fucking awful! :(One of the best things about AC is being able to play it with my girlfriend. She's not a gamer but likes AC, not enough to buy a flipping console though!

I'd of thought the community would be up in arms about this, but it's the first I've heard about it.

It has multiplayer so I assume you can do that, but not more than one island save for the main user. Sorry for the confusion!

• Upvote 1

Yeah, the restriction is the island.

So you and your girlfriend can both have a playable villager on that island, but you won't each have your own island.

• Upvote 2

Each profile on the Switch has equal access to its unique island. That’s how the multiplayer works. Up to 4 at once I believe.

We’ve known there was no cloud saves for this since E3 (shit decision but same as Splatoon 2 and Pokemon).

This new news implies no save transfer at all between machines, presumably because some Switches will have multiple user profiles, so if one profile transfers they would steal the island from those left behind.

The ‘solution’ is a full system transfer to a new Switch (which I’m reading isn’t a current OS feature). Otherwise that island is forever locked to that one piece of hardware. For ever. Mental if true.

Also what happens if you transfer everything to a new Switch? It wipes the source Switch right? So it either kills your AC save for good, or leaves it on the old Switch, forever inaccessible. :unsure:

I guess that’s not too bad, multiplayer is very welcome but still there’s no reason I can see for only allowing one unique island per console, especially for online subscribers. 

1 hour ago, gizmo1990 said:

Hang on, you can't have two different villager characters on the same machine?

Yes you can.

You can only have one village though.

• Upvote 1

There's only one answer for that....

....get rid of the wife

5 hours ago, Flub said:

Never resist. Give in. Do it now!

It is so tempting but I think at 3.5 she just isn't quite old enough for it yet. Though saying that she does like to try and play Sonic on the ps4. Maybe I'll take her to hold a lite and she if it fits yet.