rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

4 minutes ago, Ravern said:

Turnips selling for 154 here this afternoon. Anyone interested?

Yes! What's your island name again?

Are we friends?

1 hour ago, Gotters said:

I hit bamboo pay dirt on a nook miles random island ticket - it had bamboo trees, buried bamboo shoots under ground with the 'X' marking, I flattened it like a Brazilian rainforest logging company.

They tell you early on but I'll say it here, if you eat a fruit (strong teeth, coconuts can be eaten too) it lets you dig up a whole tree that can be replanted (you can stack up to 10 eaten bits of fruit) - this was handy on the bamboo island as came back with my pockets loaded with trees ready to transplant.

I just tried the x10 fruit thing on my island rocks that had already been pillaged - hit them again and it destroys them, leaving you an extra material in the process.

29 minutes ago, Tetmon said:

Yes! What's your island name again?

Are we friends?

Dodo code: 0S7X0

Have oranges to take too.

edit: gate closed

13 minutes ago, gingerling said:

Hmm tempting! But do I should I hold out. I remember seeing prices as high as 400 in New Leaf.

I think 700 is the max here. Seem 600s on Discord.

Anyone got any cherries? Have peaches ready and lots of other stuff growing....

2 hours ago, spanx said:

Yeah I don't really understand why it's designed this way. The crafting is an essential part of the experience with or without the tool durability (just opened up customisation!!) - this just feels a bit OTT really. Feel like I have to waste precious inventory space with spare tools the whole time.

I just craft flimsy then real - building all stages at once means it only ever takes up one slot (as the flimsy gets used/replaced) I think I prefer it to having redundant recipes gradually build up. 

I think they mean th3 space of always carrying a spare. Like two spades because the first can break at any time.

Personally I don’t mind the system but a tool health bar would help when prepping to go out foraging and finding your net was on its last legs.

• Upvote 1

Just saw this wild Tarantula tech on Twitter, spoilered just in case it is a spoiler? It is impossible to say what counts as a spoiler.

Spoiler

Only one Tarantula will attack at a time so if you can trap it you can easily capture the other, placid spiders, worth 8000 bells each.

People carry spares around? I just take one of each, if something breaks it's a short trip to make another one, certainly preferable to precious inventory space being taken by double the amount of tools.

• Upvote 1

Just opened my gate to friends. Dodo code 26DM3.

Peaches and coconuts available, donations of other fruits welcome. The giant bear is still here as a tourist attraction :D

3 new people want to come to my island, I don't know whether to clump them all together to spread them around...

I've only just figured out what those keywords are for, and have given myself the title of OVERSTUFFED EGG.

• Upvote 2

I have 5 bamboo shoots going spare by my airport, gates open. First come, first served. Don't take the piss.

GFS9S

Also have trees which I can't drop but may be able to plant if we're Best Friends?

• Upvote 2

Thanks to @Kieran and @MagicalDrop I now have the full set of fruits. Just need to wait for the trees to grow now.

My gate is open to all friends. Cherries and oranges available.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Nequests said:

I've only just figured out what those keywords are for, and have given myself the title of OVERSTUFFED EGG.

I was a SO-CALLED EVENTUALITY and have now promoted myself to PARTIALLY OBSCURED FOSSIL. It's a brilliantly pointless part of the game.

The museum is truly wonderful, the fossil section especially. I'm really looking forward to seeing that fill up. I'm expecting

Spoiler

the "family tree" lines on the floor to light up as it gets populated.

That's a guess but I've hidden it in case I've guessed correctly!

Wow this thread moves fast, thanks to those who have added me. I move at most things with a snails pace so I will have the most barren and plain island for some time to come! lovely to chill out with though.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rob Rule said:

Benny's is Internet Trash, which will never be bettered.

How do you set it?

Just cobbled together a bamboo wand recipe from a balloon. Bloody genius.

1 minute ago, Delargey said:

How do you set it?

In your passport on the nook phone.

2 minutes ago, Delargey said:

How do you set it?

from the nook phone choose Passport. It’s funny when people are flying to your island it appears next to your name. I have Internet Trash but seems others have it so I’ll go for something more obscure :) 

Bumface is open, I got oranges, coconuts, a few peaches and some furniture.  07FWF

Gates are open for all fwiends.  If you have white hyacinths, yellow roses or red cosmos, I could do with 3 of each for a great build. Not the whole plant, just the flower. I believe they're droppable when visiting, they usually display in a little vase when playing in your own land?

1 hour ago, Darren said:

I was a SO-CALLED EVENTUALITY and have now promoted myself to PARTIALLY OBSCURED FOSSIL. It's a brilliantly pointless part of the game.

The museum is truly wonderful, the fossil section especially. I'm really looking forward to seeing that fill up. I'm expecting

Hide contents

the "family tree" lines on the floor to light up as it gets populated.

That's a guess but I've hidden it in case I've guessed correctly!

The museum is magnificent. 

I think there is a squid next to the ammonite in mine so I'm hoping it might become a hall of comparative anatomy and/or evolution.

I wish I could peer a little closer, especially at the dinosaurs, as the modelling looks great.