IGNORED

Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Mr Do 71

51 minutes ago, wev said:

Since the update the Nooks haven't had any large furniture available in their shop in the spot near the door, is this normal? I'm sure there was always something there, or is it just a seasonal spot?

Just seasonal etc..

14 hours ago, Number 28 said:

Can you simply request the new songs? I completely forgot about that.

Yeah I did last night. I'd seen one mentioned online, K.K Break I think it was? Requested it and got the song once he had finished playing.

Oh and for anyone who missed it, or is new, there is a basic food recipe to be learnt from Nooks in the cabinet where you buy tools etc. 

@Number 28 I'll google a list and try requesting one of the new ones next week and I expect it will work as it did with almost all of the old songs.  IIRC KK Birthday cant be requested and possibly not Welcome Horizons but all the rest could be requested.  You do need to be accurate with the name though.

@mikeyl since when has AC ever had an end game 🤣

@NexivRed The customising pair are great, as far as I can tell Cyrus is able to 1. do all customisation that was previously available at the workbench; 2. swap the version of any item that comes in multiple versions/ colours including for Nook Mile items.  Costs seem to vary from 1000 to 5000 bells a time, the Nook Point items are at the top of that range.

The paid DLC is a separate "House and Grounds" designing thing for a holiday resort full of villagers, it also unlocks some of its functions for your personal house too.  I've not bought it yet but it sounds a bit like the previous 3DS game animal crossing happy home designer which I never played.

I would be happy to give you some bells, as probably would other "high rollers" but don't think we can post stuff to someone who does not have online currently 😢

@wev That shop slot is seasonal so is often empty

No idea what I am going to do with the gyroids yet, I do love the one I have that blows bubbles though! :wub:

I bought a DL copy of this back in January and have barely touched it - to the point where I'll probably start again now that my eldest is 6 and taking more of an interest in games.

Noticed that I had £3 of reward points on CDKeys so just picked up the DLC for £14 after watching the trailer! Oh. My. God!! I've been totally suckered by Nintendo's cuteness overload.

This looks like the perfect thing to get stuck into on a cold, dark winter's evening.

Now need to get an OLED so I can play it on the TV!!

I'm curious if the DLC 'rearrange things outdoors on a grid' becomes available back to your main island? I'm guessing not because the DLC island has segregated areas for each holiday home? Is it literally just the room partitions and pillars that carry over?

I got the vines and glowing moss on my boat trip today. Seeing an island with pale cliffs is strange. It'd be nice if you could alter your island like that. I'm really not sure what to do with vines because I've already put ladders everywhere and the moss is kinda ugly. I imagine it looks better at night.

So does Brewster not care about gyroids anymore? I went in with my pockets filled with them, expecting him to sniff them out, but no. I liked how you catalogued them in the older games. Maybe there's not that many in this one.

7 hours ago, shirubagan said:

I’ll gladly take any spares off your hands as I have nothing in my gallery. Thank you!

Having said that Redd is in town with genuine:

Scary painting

Rock Head Statue

Perfect painting 

Sorry chap, I completely overlooked this post. Danger of being the last post on the page! Have you recently started? I can't see you on the Google sheet (first post of thread) so I doubt you've been added. I'm SW-2225-4908-7401 if you want to add, then we can arrange a trip at some point. Once one of us has visited the other I can post you as many artworks as I can spare.

I’m back! I mean it this time unlike last time when I asked someone to open up so I could come visiting but then didn’t actually play again until now.

If there’s any generous bellionaires who don’t mind sending me a bag of bells I’d be grateful as I seem very poor right now. Looking forward to visiting and maybe after all this time finally remodelling! Oh and I’m after any mushroom DIYs going spare. I don’t ask for much, I know.

I just fired as many bells as I could your way (I'm hoping you're Lindsay from Windhurst anyway, otherwise, oops. :D)

Has anyone else found that the gyroids on Harv's Island that want 100,000 have already had a few hundred bells donated? I wonder what that's about. Maybe it's just to give the impression that other villagers are helping? I wonder if the donations creep up if you leave them for weeks? I don't have the patience to experiment, of course.

Really enjoying the expansion now. I created my first outdoors space for “Pretentious Palace” 👌🏻

91693029-2CB3-4C1D-A08F-432583B308B4.thumb.jpeg.bc626e49dd8d0a82e1b522dc580e0d96.jpeg

I’m forced to go “on a break” so I can’t get a better shot of indoors so this will have to do.
I love how you can dress yourselves up for the photo. Chose something really nice for us 😅

5B473605-6366-42B5-ADE6-12A83D6DA365.thumb.jpeg.b830e56180f2b10bd2e8edf4cfaaca65.jpeg

Had a steam room to do earlier today. It came out nice with one of the photo effects. It’s really not as easy as it looks, as you’re given a tiny, square room and some huge bits of furniture. It’s difficult to make it interesting. 

116DE38D-3C58-434C-8D0E-E76D71DF5315.thumb.jpeg.85e7939fe2fd62aaf92080c2bc690a1e.jpeg

And because I’ve learnt how to get the photos direct from the game to my phone, here are some nicer pictures of my Alice in Wonderland themed crazy golf course, and for anyone who didn’t see it because I bailed out of the island competition. I’ve heard of people coming to look round and not even finding it even though it’s right in the middle 😅
One of the things I won’t be deleting for sure. 

Spoiler

Put down your ready book to go down  the rabbit hole, and meet Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee, along with the Walrus and the Carpenter, and eating the oysters (fucking grim part of the book if you ask me.)

Also my little representation of “smoke the monster out” with the dodo. DAL merchandise coming in handy there. 

CAF5E1B9-22AB-4197-B552-A2752E5C8914.thumb.jpeg.bb73874f6470a4249f95705f4d3bd60b.jpeg

Next the flowers, the caterpillar, the Cheshire Cat up his tree, and Mad Hatter’s tea party.
I made a lot of clothes and hats doing all this. 

DFEEE4D4-B115-4EAC-9038-04E9A2D0D13A.thumb.jpeg.105b5474548ae5359ffa96e1e68042dd.jpeg

Finishing with a game of flamingo croquet with The Queen of Hearts. The axe is for if you lose, after she’s finished with the cards painting the roses red.

222C3C99-8A1B-4030-9FDC-735710E9AE16.thumb.jpeg.5b740e90850fa371e77712f73f5f4350.jpeg

Thanks for letting me indulge. 

One of my favourite things I’ve built so far. I think it beats Raiders of the Lost Ark movie set and the zoo, even with the additions of the mad scientist and Umbrella Health Centre  

55 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

Really enjoying the expansion now. I created my first outdoors space for “Pretentious Palace” 👌🏻

91693029-2CB3-4C1D-A08F-432583B308B4.thumb.jpeg.bc626e49dd8d0a82e1b522dc580e0d96.jpeg

That is fucking horrendous to the point that I quite admire it. Nice work!

I think I'm back in, too. No DLC yet. My island is in a right old state. 

9 hours ago, SteveH said:

Actually had a new item under the special section today! A yacht, which I bet you can't plonk in the river (wishful thinking I know) 260,000 bells to have it in my garden I guess :) 

I'd love a yacht!

Can send a pink mini car and/or steamroller in exchange.

1 hour ago, Lyrical Donut said:

That is fucking horrendous to the point that I quite admire it. Nice work!

I think I'm back in, too. No DLC yet. My island is in a right old state. 

Thank you! It was actually quite hard to decide on a location for this one, but the ability to do some symmetrical gaudiness really worked. It was fun to try and make something actively fucking gross :D The DLC really tickles a lot of itches. 

1 hour ago, Rayn said:

Anyone playing the DLC? Is it worth getting? Asking here as I haven't found any reviews of it yet, and I'm a bit afraid of spoilers (if there's supposed to be some surprises). 

My daughter can’t stop playing it and it’s all she talks about if that’s any help.

My eldest daughter and I both spent far too many hours on the new dlc over the weekend. It’s such a relaxing experience decorating houses for folk! I’ve unlocked the partition for my own house now, tried building an arcade but I need a bigger room!

And as for my school… who wouldn’t want to attend Bumhole Academy?! 

11 hours ago, Laine said:

I’m back! I mean it this time unlike last time when I asked someone to open up so I could come visiting but then didn’t actually play again until now.

If there’s any generous bellionaires who don’t mind sending me a bag of bells I’d be grateful as I seem very poor right now. Looking forward to visiting and maybe after all this time finally remodelling! Oh and I’m after any mushroom DIYs going spare. I don’t ask for much, I know.

You're welcome to visit my island. Let me know when you’d like to pop over.

18 hours ago, NexivRed said:

@StumpyJohn got more into it last night. I couldn’t survive without online lol, so I bought it, along with the Happy Homes add on. Which is really really fun 🤩 

😂

I am so tempted to get the DLC, I was supposed to be making space in my gaming calendar to play Forza Horizon but I think it will be back to me just playing AC for a while! Was playing yesterday afternoon and only just about managed to remodel a small little area, took me absolutely ages too🤣

12 hours ago, Laine said:

Have posted out more bells to both of you, I can open up later and drop a bunch of bags for collection if you like

Redd on Harv's island has got 2 new items today rather than before where just the bought item had been refreshed.  Perhaps there is a start of week reset?

More importantly though my notion that it might always be one painting, one statue is totally busted as he has 2 paintings today 😭 (both are genuine, academic and quaint) so bought one in the hope a statue replaces it for tomorrow

Arts going spare in my storage if anyone needs any for gallery filling, or a fake for hanging at home or whatever.

Paintings...

Solemn 1x real/fake

Wistful x3

Detailed

Academic

Common x2

Flowery

Glowing

Moody x2

Perfect

Quaint x2

Scary x3