Animal Crossing: New Horizons

6 hours ago, Meatball said:

Was mine who had it in red yesterday, have just fired one over at you now. I'd like any other colours please, ta!

Can I have a red one too please? Sent you a white one and also have a light blue if you need that?

1 hour ago, Grimfango said:

I haven’t got a single festive recipe yet. It’s December 16th and I’ve nothing to show for it! Does anyone have some spare holiday recipes I can grab please?

You should have had a couple from Isabelle and making a perfect snowboy each day will get you a frozen set recipe each time til you have the full set.

I had a dupe from the snowflake set a few days ago but have already given it away.  I've got almost all of the snowflake set and 4 from the ornament set so should have more dupes coming in the next few days.

My code is DA-6035-1469-0294 if you want to send me a request

42 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

You should have had a couple from Isabelle and making a perfect snowboy each day will get you a frozen set recipe each time til you have the full set.

I had a dupe from the snowflake set a few days ago but have already given it away.  I've got almost all of the snowflake set and 4 from the ornament set so should have more dupes coming in the next few days.

My code is DA-6035-1469-0294 if you want to send me a request

I’ve hand a bauble wreath from Isabelle and that’s it. I’ve got some of the ice / snow boy recipes but I haven’t got recipes for Christmas anything (tree, stocking etc)

You wanna just camp on the shoreline around the the 'equator' of the island and just listen for balloons to show up. Tedious, but you get there in the end. :)

I've got the illuminated reindeers, jingle wallpaper and illuminated tree. I'll be farming those balloons later I think.

On 16/12/2020 at 06:13, Rayn said:

Does anyone have a surplus of real art they want to trade for a missing piece?

Currently I have Amazing painting and Graceful painting up for grabs. If interested, tell me what you have and hopefully we’ll be able to fill eachothers gaps :eyebrows:

23 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

I need the Amazing painting and have a bunch of duplicate real paintings that I can swap, don't have any duplicate statues though.

I don't have a list of my dupes at the moment, i'll make one later today.  Are there any particular ones you are after?

Have been looking to see what dupes I have, do you want any of the following in exchange for your Amazing Painting?

Sinking Painting

Perfect Painting

Twinkling Painting

Common Painting

Dynamic Painting

Nice Painting

If not then I might have a couple of others if I go through my storage characters stuff too

10 hours ago, Meatball said:

Sent. Thanks for white, have light blue already now cheers :hat:

Thanks! Does anyone have the orange round space heater please? From being indifferent to them to now wanting the whole set. Found a nice area for them all to go.

Also, shooting stars on Highbury tonight according to Isabelle. Will open up this evening for any wishing.

8 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

Have been looking to see what dupes I have, do you want any of the following in exchange for your Amazing Painting?

Sinking Painting

Perfect Painting

Twinkling Painting

Common Painting

Dynamic Painting

Nice Painting

If not then I might have a couple of others if I go through my storage characters stuff too

Still have the paintins, let me check which ones I need and I’ll get back to you. 
sorry for the late reply.

Thanks, have the floral kids tent now plus the black celebratory candles and all the round space heaters other than orange to add to my seasonal pile.

Might open up tomorrow in case anyone wants to catalogue any of it.

If anyone has the Puppy Plushie in Pink, Black or Beige I'd really like to grab one from you if possible, ta

5 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

Thanks, have the floral kids tent now plus the black celebratory candles and all the round space heaters other than orange to add to my seasonal pile.

If anyone has the Puppy Plushie in Pink, Black or Beige I'd really like to grab one from you if possible, ta

Yes please.

12 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

I’ve got beige but I have sent you two things already today (the sheepskin jacket and the green one I was wearing yesterday). Can bring it over later if that’s easier?

19 minutes ago, Daley said:

I’ve got beige but I have sent you two things already today (the sheepskin jacket and the green one I was wearing yesterday). Can bring it over later if that’s easier?

Thanks for the jackets.  I'll open up later today for anyone that wants to catalogue stuff so you could drop it off then if you are about

Is anyone else struggling to get festive recipes? Still no tree here. I've been spending hours waiting for balloons. I've had 14 balloons over the last 2 days and only 3 festive recipes (festive not ice). I wish it was more like Easter - they were spamming the seasonal recipes then!

Is anyone else struggling to get festive recipes? Still no tree here. I've been spending hours waiting for balloons. I've had 14 balloons over the last 2 days and only 3 festive recipes (festive not ice). I wish it was more like Easter - they were spamming the seasonal recipes then!

If you are desperate and can deal with the disruption on your island you could build a balloon trap.

It exploits the mechanism where their flight path moves south if they encounter a high barrier such as the museum, nooks etc.  Essentially you "build a wall" :lol: from top to bottom using tall items like iron bars.  balloons will hit it and then move south all the way down to the bottom where you stand waiting to pop them.

You can leave half space gaps between the tall items but no more and probably least disruptive to do this near a beach

Note I have read about this, I havent tried it.

1 hour ago, SteveH said:

Well I managed to build a perfect snowman again this morning. But rather disappointingly, the one I built yesterday is nowhere to be seen :/

I don't think they should normally disappear but I have read that backwards time travel causes them all to disappear. :sherlock:

You want them to stay around for the full 4 days as they give you a large snowflake each day if you talk to them

24 minutes ago, Meatball said:

Were you looking in the right place? You are getting on a bit...:blah:

Yes, that same old age makes me walk over flowers and all sorts :P 

1 minute ago, StumpyJohn said:

I don't think they should normally disappear but I have read that backwards time travel causes them all to disappear. :sherlock:

Well I never!! One of you accuses me of nicking my jumper design :P And now I'm accused of being a time lord!!! (I haven't ever time travelled, no idea what happened to be honest, very strange)

Sorry! @SteveH :lol:

It was the only explanation I had seen before other than if you closed the game from the main system menu very soon after making the snowboy and before the game had done an auto save (basically the trick to get a second go at making a perfect one).

And now I have accused you of not knowing how to save or close the game properly too!! :P

I was having a bit of a 'mare last night. At first it seemed like the balloons weren't spawning at all, but after much running around they eventually settled into the familiar every 4-5 minutes situation. I'm waiting on the beach, popping them and every bloody time it's some crap item (mobile, corkboard, spinner), bells or resources. About twenty balloons later (I'm watching TV/looking at phone with Switch Lite on my lap) I got two festive recipes in a row! It's pretty annoying. I still need about 5 recipes.

Anyway, which is best?

image.png.e3a7de8dcb64ffd30f1a1796f1c8761a.png