Animal Crossing: New Horizons

2 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

Am making my island more festive so dug up 5 cedar trees with lights on them to move them to better locations, all 5 had no lights on when I replanted them.  WTF! :angry: :(

I had wondered about this because my island has a pretty strange distribution of baubled trees. Isabelle fucked it up.

23 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

I just gave up and read the guide for the perfect snowfolk and I cannot believe the level of tedious precision it demands. Absurd.

I mean, I know I screwed it up today, but it's not thaaat bad. Just make the base as big as possible, then roll the head till it is level with the bottom of your character's ear. Point the camera upwards to check.

I've used the photo mode to check the size of the snowballs and had them looking absolutely bang on, and still failed. Not feeling the snowmen at all really. I liked the bingo game better from New Leaf - and the fact you could build different sized ones and make a little family of them. And whose bloody idea was it to have you start them by kicking them? The very first one I found, I walked up to it to start nudging it around and kicked it straight into a fence :angry: Obviously the respawn but come on!

It feels like other aspects of the game....not as fleshed out as New Leaf was. 

Does anyone have a surplus of real art they want to trade for a missing piece?

Currently I have Amazing painting and Graceful painting up for grabs. If interested, tell me what you have and hopefully we’ll be able to fill eachothers gaps :eyebrows:

3 hours ago, Rayn said:

Does anyone have a surplus of real art they want to trade for a missing piece?

Currently I have Amazing painting and Graceful painting up for grabs. If interested, tell me what you have and hopefully we’ll be able to fill eachothers gaps :eyebrows:

I need the Amazing painting and have a bunch of duplicate real paintings that I can swap, don't have any duplicate statues though.

I don't have a list of my dupes at the moment, i'll make one later today.  Are there any particular ones you are after?

3 minutes ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

Success! Finally got a perfect snowman... built the body snowball up to the eyes and then the head snowball just below the ears.

Dinosaur toy in the shop today in case anyone needs it, let me know and I'll open up.

I swear, I have given up for the moment with todays snowman. Three times I tried rolling one and each time as I pushed the head section to the body, it just started pushing the body away :doh: so I'd walk around to push the body away from whatever it would be rolling toward and as soon as I touched it, it floated itself up on to the head part :angry: three times!!!

On 15/12/2020 at 12:29, SteveH said:

@MeatballThat womens dress is the female santa dress isn't it? And I spy santas hat as well you nubbin :) 

Santa hat was disguised next to all them similar looking night caps :sherlock:

It's back in again today and this time with the full set of jacket, pants and beard. Festive dress again too.

Redd is visiting and still available is real Famous (Mona Lisa) and fake Basic (Blue Boy) paintings.

Pink tin robot in Nook's for today's toy and blue billiard table as the high value item.

And thanks to yesterday's Gulliver visit I have now at last been able to build big massive robot....

"If your name's not on the list you're not coming in"

File_000.thumb.jpeg.ee44df3944a6d52c1b12db4355a700d0.jpeg

1 hour ago, StumpyJohn said:

Round space heaters in black and green sent to @Daley and @SteveH.  Happy to send to anyone else too

@Daley can you send me the white one please.

I think someone mentioned they had a red one too?

Was mine who had it in red yesterday, have just fired one over at you now. I'd like any other colours please, ta!

1 hour ago, Number 28 said:

Can vistors construct snowmen? I'll pop over and build them for 10NMT. ;)

Buying 10 NMT from the terminal in resident services is more tedious and probably takes more time that building a snowboy!

(pretty sure that snowballs won't even appear if gates are open)

Managed to get two perfect sonwmen now.

not sure I really care though. From what I’ve seen so far I don’t think the icy stuff is that good. I might just start making weird shaped ones instead.

it looks like I might have to start farming balloons again for Christmas recipes. Although I did manage to get an awesome Christmas tree yesterday by luck.

20 minutes ago, Fuddle said:

Managed to get two perfect sonwmen now.

not sure I really care though. From what I’ve seen so far I don’t think the icy stuff is that good. I might just start making weird shaped ones instead.

it looks like I might have to start farming balloons again for Christmas recipes. Although I did manage to get an awesome Christmas tree yesterday by luck.

I just sat for half an hour and tried another half a dozen times or so, and each time the head refused to jump onto the body and just pushed the body away. I give up!

18 minutes ago, SteveH said:

I just sat for half an hour and tried another half a dozen times or so, and each time the head refused to jump onto the body and just pushed the body away. I give up!

That happened to me a few times and each time I think it was because my 'base' snowball was close to a item that takes up more space than it appears like a fence.  When I rolled it a square or more away it worked as expected

Edit: Here is an example, If I tried to make this any closer to the spooky fence then it wouldn't work

EpYlZaoVQAA4hvp.thumb.jpeg.f0979674d43f95ce6782beec4ae2c748.jpeg