Animal Crossing: New Horizons

35 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

Balls, I'm sorry! A thousand horse mackerels makes no difference to me, I have all the fishies...(well, unless I want a stringfish model, dammit!)

Thought I'd make a start on those tonight and got lucky after about 40 baits.

Eo_EejaU8AA_M-b.thumb.jpeg.2f2de8168f92810f27de069060fd109b.jpeg

1 down, 2 to go!

1 hour ago, Daley said:

Sure opening now. Typical, I have a mad day with work and it’s snow day and Redd is here!

Gates are open. Nooks is open for raiding and recipes are yours if you want them.

Thanks, grabbed a load of clothes cheers.

No harm done @Number 28

Did wondered why you were coming right back after just having left, then it cut off :doh:

It must’ve been so short a time from when it saved as you left that I don’t think I lost anything.
Went up top near Marina’s just after and caught one of them stringyfish. No bait required ^_^ 

Just looked on my weather forecast, is a crap load of stars due in the next couple of week!

B88EAF83-2010-495D-9D0E-1E5035B9C538.thumb.png.1cb745985bad1b176f10df767bdd4a40.png

Pottering around just now I remembered to pick up the rusted part from Gulivarrrs visit a couple of days ago.  Checked inventory and I finally had 30 of them :omg:

2 mins later and snowboy is looking a bit scared of the laser eyes! :lol:

Eo_ZCDWU0AAkZtX.thumb.jpeg.33d59e34d8b29b56f85c2d7437c8a24b.jpeg

Gonna need to find a spot to properly display it

11 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

Pottering around just now I remembered to pick up the rusted part from Gulivarrrs visit a couple of days ago.  Checked inventory and I finally had 30 of them :omg:

2 mins later and snowboy is looking a bit scared of the laser eyes! :lol:

Eo_ZCDWU0AAkZtX.thumb.jpeg.33d59e34d8b29b56f85c2d7437c8a24b.jpeg

Gonna need to find a spot to properly display it

I’ll be up to 29 tomorrow after his visit today. I hopefully maybe get the one more in time for Christmas. 

10 hours ago, Meatball said:

No harm done @Number 28

Did wondered why you were coming right back after just having left, then it cut off :doh:

It must’ve been so short a time from when it saved as you left that I don’t think I lost anything.
Went up top near Marina’s just after and caught one of them stringyfish. No bait required ^_^ 

Just looked on my weather forecast, is a crap load of stars due in the next couple of week!

B88EAF83-2010-495D-9D0E-1E5035B9C538.thumb.png.1cb745985bad1b176f10df767bdd4a40.png

I need one Sagittarius star!

14 minutes ago, Mike S said:

I need one Sagittarius star!

I have minor star showers tonight and there is a tightly clumped series just at 10.  I'm planning to be open in the evening for cataloging of Toys anyway so come over if you are on.

Times are: 22:01, 22:03, 22:04, 22:06, 22:08 

3 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

I have minor star showers tonight and there is a tightly clumped series just at 10.  I'm planning to be open in the evening for cataloging of Toys anyway so come over if you are on.

Times are: 22:01, 22:03, 22:04, 22:06, 22:08 

Great, thanks.

If I can make it I will bring those tents for you to catalogue too..

12 minutes ago, Tiny said:

You need an open grass area. They respawn every time you go in and out of a building and can sometimes be hidden amongst the flowers @SteveH

Trust me, I have CSI'd this place both days. It's so weird that nothing is appearing. In New Leaf I managed to find them every day while snow was around.

7gb according to my Switch Lite.

I caught the dung beetle, made a perfect 'snowboy' and got the ice counter recipe. If you customise it, does it light up? It says 'illumination' next to the options, but I'm not sure...

41 minutes ago, Tiny said:

I'm looking for a white kids tent.

I've got the brown one. <_<

I'm not sure if someone else can sort you out, but I sent you a friend request.

2 hours ago, Number 28 said:

Cool, if you like I'll open up and leave a white tent near the entrance? :)

Edit: gates open to friends but AFK. Nobody pinch the tent. :hat:

All done. Thanks so much. I dropped a ski slope wall recipe and 88,000 bells as a thank you but let me know if you wanted something else. 

4 hours ago, SteveH said:

No snowballs again today. I keep popping on and looking, but nothing at all :( 

Probably just as you don't have a large enough clear area.  Going in and out of a building will trigger the appearance of new ball(s) if you havent made a snowboy yet and have less than 2 balls present.

If you think of the area between Nooks and the Airport (excluding path) on my island it is essentially clear (dropped items and flowers seem not to get in the way).

Yesterday I made a snowboy there and late on temporarily placed the huge robot hero there pretty much in the middle

Today no snow balls were appearing anywhere on my island until I picked up the robot hero so it appears that a pretty big clear area is needed

The area is approx 18 by 7 squares of grass and would onlk have been about 8 or 9 by 7 when the robot hero was there

Have opened up again for toy day toy cataloging.  Items as follows, new ones since yesterday are in bold:

If anyone has other variants then I'd love to grab a copy of them

As mentioned earlier I have minor stars with a nice close streak of them just after 10.  Times are: 22:01, 22:03, 22:04, 22:06, 22:08 

Kids Tent (3 missing)

White

Brown

Stripes

Pink

Colourful

Tin Robot (2 missing)

Blue

Red

Yellow

Green

Pink

Black

Mini Circuit (complete)

Red & White

Blue & Yellow

Black & Silver

Pink & Purple

Dinosaur Toy (2 missing)

Gray

Brown

Green

Puppy Plushie (3 missing)

Red

Lemon & White

Spotted

Tricoloured  sent

Gray & White sent

Dollhouse (2 missing)

Brown

Blue

Orange

Purple

Red

Pop Up Book (complete)

The Ocean Blue

The Mesozoic World

Savannah

Flowers

RC Copter (3 missing)

Blue

Green

Pink

Purple

Set of Stockings (5 missing)

Colourful

Celebratory Candles (3 missing)

White

Brown

You guys made out like these things are hard to catch! That's another with just throwing a line in as I'm passing, no bait required :unsure:

2 hours ago, Avuncular said:

Are there any basic tips I should know about for this?

I've got the 3DS version so I've got a rough idea what I'm doing. 

Repeat what I posted here previous...

On 15/09/2020 at 14:30, Meatball said:

Excuse shitty spelling/grammar if it's even worse than my normal, copied from messages I sent to work mate when his Mrs was starting out and wanted tips...

When smashing a rock you can do it with a row of 3 holes behind you to stop your character bouncing back away from the rock, allows you to get 8 hits in to get max stuff from the rock, or just two holes on one of the corners if you dig the holes either side of you like....

image.png.38db3ae468e37a69f46a1a5408eb26ae.png

Go round digging all the holes at each rock then start smashing them with a fresh new shovel, as you don’t want your old one to break after just one or two hits n then you’ll be empty handed n get just those one or two things out of that rock til the next day.

Go around all your non fruit trees each day n give them a shake. One should drop out an item of furniture or something. When you get enough trees you’ll get two items out of the trees each day. Same happens when you go to most of the little Nook ticket islands, shake all the trees and you should get an item from one and maybe a DIY recipe on the beach. Always try keep your net equipped when shaking trees because sometimes other things drop out too!

Branches will drop out of the trees when you shake them too for use in crafting things. Keep shaking a tree and more than one branch will drop.

Twat trees with a flimsy or stone axe and you’ll get 3 bits of wood each day out of each tree, for use in crafting stuff. The next proper axe will chop the tree down on the third hit leaving just the stump behind. You do want one or two tree stumps around the place as some bugs/insects only will spawn on tree stumps.

Also...for fishes and insects, some only appear at certain times of day/night and also vary by locations, so try to mix up the hunting times and fishing in the ponds/rivers/oceans to try catch more variety. And some only come out when it’s raining, so if it’s pissing down get your rod out and go fish.

Visit your animal residents in their houses as there's usually one crafting something and they'll give you the DIY recipe for it.

Crafted items sell for more than the value of the ingredients used sold seperately, so earn a bit more by doing that.

Ignore the bit I crossed out about using a fresh shovel, I was corrected that it won't break mid-rock. But it could still break after you ge all the 8 bits of materials out of your first rock, so if you're going round doing them all in one go I'd still start with a new or freshly customised one.

Also diving for sea creatures uses no tools required, so is all money profit.

Anyone know when we’re going to get more space?

The gameplay of having to arrange and coordinate swapping of items in all colours is extremely difficult and tedious for me. I don’t want to delete anything on my island just to build something else though. 

I keep coming back for the new seasonal content and getting immediately bored.
I set myself the goal of three themed buildings on my island, but the sheer amount of coordination and luck needed to get the items to fill them out is insurmountable. 

I’m gutted. I miss this game. It’s killing creativity. Still no new design slots either. 

Also, having to literally delete things you’ve designed and built so you can get access to one of the major new pieces of content (snowballs), is shit. Why not release an extra plot of land so you at least have the space to be able to do it.