Animal Crossing: New Horizons

6 minutes ago, Mike S said:

How did you all make turkey day happen?

Nothing happened on Pazuzu...

eh?

Franklin saw set up in the plaza all day long with a cooking table and a couple of eating tables

Posters hopefully sent out to people who asked for one, if anyone else wants a Franklin poster/ its not yet arrived then just ask. 

24 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

There was a recent update, and you didn't have to do anything to make it happen.

I download all the updates when prompted so assume I'm up to date.

22 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

eh?

Franklin saw set up in the plaza all day long with a cooking table and a couple of eating tables

Posters hopefully sent out to people who asked for one, if anyone else wants a Franklin poster/ its not yet arrived then just ask. 

I had Leif set up in my square all day yesterday so no room for anyone else.

16 minutes ago, SteveH said:

You haven't time travelled at some point and forgot to set the date back to normal? 

@StumpyJohnYeah I'd love one of those posters please :) 

I've never time travelled and, having just checked, the date is correct.

This is all a bit annoying as I do like an event. I wonder why it never happened for me unless Leif being in town was considered more exciting (it wasn't!).

8 minutes ago, Mike S said:

This is all a bit annoying as I do like an event. I wonder why it never happened for me unless Leif being in town was considered more exciting (it wasn't!).

Events always trump regular visitors and loads of people would have had a no-show if they didnt due to Leif, Kicks, Label.

There are a few complaints on the nintendo support forum with the same issue as you but only a few.  Perhaps its a rare bug and you were really unlucky to have it?  The recipes are available to buy in Nooks but that's not really the point :(

4 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

Events always trump regular visitors and loads of people would have had a no-show if they didnt due to Leif, Kicks, Label.

There are a few complaints on the nintendo support forum with the same issue as you but only a few.  Perhaps its a rare bug and you were really unlucky to have it?  The recipes are available to buy in Nooks but that's not really the point :(

Aah, that’s a bit of a drag.

I shall just carry on with my daily business of picking mushrooms for recipes I don’t have. That’ll learn ‘em!

38 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Ah mate that's a real downer. What makes it worse is that it's so bloody rare to hit a bug in a Nintendo game as well :( I know you might not want to (totally understandable if you don't) but you could time travel back a day just to see if it works?

8 minutes ago, SteveH said:

Ah mate that's a real downer. What makes it worse is that it's so bloody rare to hit a bug in a Nintendo game as well :( I know you might not want to (totally understandable if you don't) but you could time travel back a day just to see if it works?

I may time travel as I think the island rules may allow that seeing as it appears to have been a bug. 

Will save it for the weekend though...

I have finally had a run on seasonal recipes!

In less than 45 minutes earlier I bagged four of the damn things! A forest wall, an acorn lamp thing, A GIANT MUSHROOM, and a repeat of the mushroom stump! That compares to the two I have managed to pick up over the last few weeks.

Very happy with the giant mushroom, just need the lamp and the the shiny shroom standee and I'll be happy. Of course, I expect to see no more after this wave of lucky balloons.

I also found that one of my trees gives furniture when shaken!

1 hour ago, Mike S said:

I have finally had a run on seasonal recipes!

In less than 45 minutes earlier I bagged four of the damn things! A forest wall, an acorn lamp thing, A GIANT MUSHROOM, and a repeat of the mushroom stump! That compares to the two I have managed to pick up over the last few weeks.

Very happy with the giant mushroom, just need the lamp and the the shiny shroom standee and I'll be happy. Of course, I expect to see no more after this wave of lucky balloons.

I also found that one of my trees gives furniture when shaken!

If you’ve got enough non-fruit trees about the place you can get two furniture items per day along with the five wasp nests. Think it just needs a free space on the ground in front of them of it won’t let the item drop. 

On 26/11/2020 at 09:36, StumpyJohn said:

I have the Franklin Poster if anyone would like one to celebrate Turkey Day

image.png.e04e4a25284029f5e12a48e54b5d3da1.png

Also 3 spare seasonal recipe cards:

Mush Partition

Mush Low Stool

Maple Leaf Umbrella

If it’s not too much of a bother, I’d love that Franklin poster!

8 hours ago, Meatball said:

If you’ve got enough non-fruit trees about the place you can get two furniture items per day along with the five wasp nests. Think it just needs a free space on the ground in front of them of it won’t let the item drop. 

I've not been shaking trees since the last update so have missed this but can confirm that this morning I have found another furniture tree! I am now hopeful that this is where I might find my long wanted graves...

In other news after finding four seasonal recipes in an hour or so last night I have found three in thirty minutes this morning. I have now added a forest floor, leaf pile,and aa  leaf campfire to my collection so am frantically shaking trees for acorns and pine cones in between my daily mushroom hunt and five minute balloon lookout. i am pretty sure this increased success rate has lead to my character having a real bounce in his gait as he dashes about the island seeking materials.

Nintendo must surely have changed something as I've now had seven seasonal recipes in just two sessions compared with only two in the last month or so (of which I've only been seriously looking since being told of the balloon time trick a few weeks ago). Fingers crossed for mushroom lamp and shiny shroom standee!

Going to admit I was slightly disappointed when Isabelle said it was snowing and then stepped outside. I'd forgotten how it comes on initially in New Leaf. I hope it stays around for a decent length of time like it did in that game. Can't see why not, even on a desert island :) 

Oh and cheers @StumpyJohngot the poster you sent. Cheers buddy :) 

There's no snow on my island. :hmm:

Edit: it's starting to get very cloudy. Maybe I'll have some luck later. 

Btw, is James from Stopka on here? I only just found out who made the Ryo Hazuki jacket that's in my shop. I thought it came from a Rllmuker, but he's not on the list. :sherlock:

5 hours ago, Mike S said:

I've not been shaking trees since the last update so have missed this but can confirm that this morning I have found another furniture tree! I am now hopeful that this is where I might find my long wanted graves...

In other news after finding four seasonal recipes in an hour or so last night I have found three in thirty minutes this morning. I have now added a forest floor, leaf pile,and aa  leaf campfire to my collection so am frantically shaking trees for acorns and pine cones in between my daily mushroom hunt and five minute balloon lookout. i am pretty sure this increased success rate has lead to my character having a real bounce in his gait as he dashes about the island seeking materials.

Nintendo must surely have changed something as I've now had seven seasonal recipes in just two sessions compared with only two in the last month or so (of which I've only been seriously looking since being told of the balloon time trick a few weeks ago). Fingers crossed for mushroom lamp and shiny shroom standee!

Just got a spare Mush Lamp recipe if you want it?

1 hour ago, Daley said:

Just got a spare Mush Lamp recipe if you want it?

If he doesn’t want it I’d love to take it. Been playing 5 hours daily all of November and I’ve had very little luck with recipes from balloons.

I didn't get a single maple leaf recipe from balloons, the same thing happened with the cherry blossom back in April. I've got a bunch of blossom and maple leaves in my storage and nothing to make with them!

I tried to make a turkey day room today but I couldn't find the turkey day wall anywhere. I know I had it because it comes up in the nook shopping app search. I must have sold it by mistake on the event day while getting rid of the fish and sea creatures I didn't need... Fanny.